A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: crochet with wire and seed beads  (Read 1427 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

muffinsunite
ya?

dont you wanna tap that?

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2005 03:38:21 PM »

How do you exactly crochet with wire?
I've gone to tons of websites and they dont really show it step by step.
I have a bunch of wire and seed beads and i would very much like to make a crochet bracelet or ring with 30 gauge wire and seed beads but I have no idea where to begin. I need your help! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinaeatyourham
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005 10:44:35 AM »

Well this summer i ventured into crocheting with wire.  I forget what gauge i used but i do know that silver was much harder than copper so i'd start with copper until you get that down.  And i made up my way to put beads on, but i think it worked and was the right way.  I did the foundation chain and then i started the second row and i made up a pattern of where i wanted the beads to go.  I put the beads on the wire right before you put it in the loop to go on to the next stitch. I simply bent the loop so it fit through the bead and then i made it a loop again and pulled it through.  I hope this makes sense!  --I just read someone else's post and they said they put he beads on before they began crocheting and then pulled them up as they went.  I think my beads may have been a little larger than theirs.  I guess you can just play around with it and see how your beads fit onto the wire.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005 10:49:56 AM by tinaeatyourham » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kwicz
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005 11:13:42 AM »

Crochet with wire is the same as crochet with thread, but a little harder on the hands.  So pick a simple learn-to-crochet pattern with good pictures and do it in wire.  It's kinda fun.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiL019
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005 07:47:23 PM »

Crochet with wire is the same as crochet with thread, but a little harder on the hands.  So pick a simple learn-to-crochet pattern with good pictures and do it in wire.  It's kinda fun.  Good luck!

how do u put the beads into the wire?
normally when you do crochet with yarn, the other end of the string is wrapped in balls, right?
with a wire, how do you do it?

does anyone here have a step by step pic of it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kwicz
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005 05:30:28 PM »

I have no pics at present, but I just string all the beads I want to use onto the wire, or string, or licorice whips Wink and have at it (I do the same for knitting with beads).  Here are some links that may help: 
http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa030197.htm Crocheting with beads, and there are learn-to-crochet instructions on that site;
and
http://www.seafore.com/wire/wire.html Specific information about crocheting with wire and beads.

HTH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muffinsunite
ya?

dont you wanna tap that?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005 10:30:53 AM »

thank you for those websites but they stil don't really show crocheting step by step. I'm a complete visual learner and a site with a picture tutorial would be very helpful
thanks a bunch Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janakisses

I live in my own little world, but you can visit!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005 10:45:16 AM »

This site is a great place to learn anything you want to know about crocheting.

Learning to Crochet

This site has a visual bead crocheting lesson....it is with string, but once you can crochet with string or yarn, you can crochet with wire.

Learning To Crochet With Beads

I also found several books at the library on wire crochet that were helpful with some beautiful projects.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005 10:51:04 AM by janakisses » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Ways to Wear a Gingham Top
Emma Roberts Leads the Pack of YSL Beauties at the Met Opera Gala
How to Store Your Winter Clothes
How to Waterproof Your Shoes
See Kate Middleton Look Lovely in Gray!
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...