A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SCHOOL SUPPLIES SWAP GALLERY  (Read 8886 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindsoriah

In character at all times

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2007 03:15:58 PM »

I finally got my school supplies package and am so excited!  Smithyboy did a great job, really excellent crafting, and I am very happy with them.

Here's the photo:

Clockwise from the fellow in the back, I got:
1. A neat hand-made folder with a picture of Cabrillo on it, a spanish explorer, with lots of folders!
2. A cool tubey thing that zips and I think is for pens and pencils, if not secret documents.  I don't even know what this thing originally was, but smithyboy did a great job attaching the decorations.
3. A covered notebook with a nice swirly pattern
4. A lanyard, presumably for keys, which will come in handy for sure.
5. A REEEEALLY pretty pouch with a zipper and lining, and the zipper  sewing is really top notch. Probably my favorite item.

Overall, a really great batch of supplies.  Definitely nice to get since I have been stressing over school stuff, but this is one thing I don't have to worry about!  Supplies... check!
Thank you smithyboy!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007 03:17:58 PM by lindsoriah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2007 03:33:52 PM »

6iggle- I am so glad that you love your package! I happened to pick up the fabric on clearance at JoAnn's a while back, and when I read your questionnaire, I knew that I had to use some of it for you  Wink The paper clips are my first shrink plastic attempts in a very long time. I traced the image and colored it with Sharpie and then put Mod-Podge over them to seal it (it's funny, but I did some in colored pencil, and the Mod-Podge made the pencil bleed purple). Then I used E-6000 to glue them to the paper clips. And, once you use up the sketch book, a 5" X 7" book of the same type (not one with a spiral binding, which won't fit, as I found out  Cheesy ) should fit neatly with the back cover tucked into the flap...

lindsoriah- What a great package! I just love all of the swirly fabric! And, for some reason, I never thought to make my own lanyards like the one you got. Might have to do that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
kitschkween
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2007 05:13:10 PM »

wow lindsoriah, that fabric smithyboy used is so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smithyboy
Princess

Kitty-Pookums

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2007 01:31:44 PM »

thanks everyone! i am soooo glad you liked it lindsoriah! i had a lot of fun making everything (and re-making  Tongue) i had to make the inside of the folder twice, i put the pocket on upside down (smart, i know). and that is a pencil/pen tube.  it was originally  a pink pencil/pen tube from Joann's, i just spray painted it and glued on school supplies ribbon, and school supplies buttons! and i looooove my package from you!! i am going to use everything in it all year! i already have designated each covered notebook for a class!  the crochet (?) pencil pouch is to DIE for, i love the color combos, and the matching pencil sharpener! thanks sooo much! i cannot wait for school now, i will be so styling!

<3, SmithyBoy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recycle Reduce Reuse Repair Rethink Retool Reinvent Resist React Respect Revere Reflect Refill Reclaim Recharge Rekindle Reform Refresh Renew Reconstruct
lindsoriah

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2007 06:35:56 PM »

the crochet (?) pencil pouch is to DIE for, i love the color combos, and the matching pencil sharpener!

Glad you like them... I got the color combo ideas from you, so i can't take too much credit, but yeah the pouch is crocheted.  It is actually called needle-weaving because you crochet like a mesh and then weave the second color (in this case black) through it to make a thicker fabric. i chose it because i hadn't ever woven that way, and you said you would like crochet and beads. so really you're to thank for that as well, little lady!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
lindsoriah

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2007 06:40:31 PM »

Oh and in case anyone's wondering what me and smithyboy are talking about, she said I can post what pictures I have due to computer issues on her end. Here's the link:

http://lindsoriah.livejournal.com/35748.html#cutid1

If you don't have time for links, I sent:
-- a black, white, and turquoise pencil sharpener
-- a black, white, and turquoise crochet pencil pouch
-- Two notebooks with covers in pink/pastels, and brown/yellow combinations
-- three pencils in varying colors

I'm just relieved she liked it.  I always have such bad swap anxiety.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2007 06:45:14 PM »

Oh and in case anyone's wondering what me and smithyboy are talking about, she said I can post what pictures I have due to computer issues on her end. Here's the link:

http://lindsoriah.livejournal.com/35748.html#cutid1

If you don't have time for links, I sent:
-- a black, white, and turquoise pencil sharpener
-- a black, white, and turquoise crochet pencil pouch
-- Two notebooks with covers in pink/pastels, and brown/yellow combinations
-- three pencils in varying colors

I'm just relieved she liked it.  I always have such bad swap anxiety.

Ha! I just went back through all of the posts wondering how I missed your items Wink That crochet/needle weave pouch is awesome! I might have to add that technique to my list of things to learn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
kitschkween
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2007 07:10:01 PM »

great package lindsoriah! that pouch is really neat. it looks designer. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsoriah

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2007 08:42:39 PM »

Ha! I just went back through all of the posts wondering how I missed your items Wink That crochet/needle weave pouch is awesome! I might have to add that technique to my list of things to learn!

It's really quite simple.  This was my first attempt with it and I would like to try the weaving with normal yarn (not bumpy) and maybe with ribbon.  I hope you do try it, and i"m glad I could introduce something new!

kitschkween-- thanks!  i've been crafting a while but i rarely get that kind of praise.  unless by 'designer' you mean crazy cokehead carnivalwear that only models on the runway can pull off.  just kidding.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007 08:44:52 PM by lindsoriah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschkween
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2007 06:51:53 AM »

kitschkween-- thanks!  i've been crafting a while but i rarely get that kind of praise.  unless by 'designer' you mean crazy cokehead carnivalwear that only models on the runway can pull off.  just kidding.

lol. actually i meant chic and swanky Chanel type designer. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Street Chic: Chelsea, London Style
Star Style: Who Inspires Solange Knowles
Dress Code Violations From The 2013 Grammys
Best & Worst Dressed From The Grammys 2013 Red Carpet
How to Pick a Swimsuit for an Hourglass-Shaped Body
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...