A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "My Country doesn't Have That" PART erm, I donno?  (Read 7144 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovely_gangster
Strawberry Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007 01:40:29 AM »

Well geez, lovely_gangster, if you're such a stickler for the rules, why don't you organize?
how was i "shooting people down"??  i'm pretty sure the most positive alternative is one where everybody actually DOES follow the rules and is hence allowed to swap.  it may have come off as "negitive" but craftster has a fairly struict set of rules for swaping for the opposite reason - so swapping remains a positive experience for everyone.

if you're such a non-stickler for rules, why don't you swap somewhere that doesn't have them? 

i've already been in 3 swaps where the organising bailed and it always gets really messy fixing thngs up.  hopefully with more experience you will come to understand why the rules are necessary.

i wont be organising because i'm doing exams at the moment and wont be swapping either because i blew my swap budget on postage in the last one.

oops. Sorry and thanks for telling me. I'll definately do it some other time. But is it difficult??
also dreamergirl - i've never organised before so i don't really know how hard it is but my guess is that you would probably want to organise a smaller swap first before organising one like this.  ongoing swaps are a lot to keep track of, especially where as in this case, all of the postage goes international.

by the way - stuff from russia and bulgaria sounds soooo tempting.  if you do end up doing this swap, i might just have to sign up (although my mum would probably kill me!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreamergirl
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007 02:32:36 AM »

lovely_gangster and dizzylizzy, let's stop fighting. I'm really sorry I caused so much comotion by offering to organize. And thanks for the tips, lovely_gangster.

Yeah my mom's going to kill me too when she finds out that I'm signing up for so many swaps. I'm so irresponsible with money. Sad  But this swap will get an organizer and is definately happening so I'm going to write a letter to my aunt immediately for those "tempting" Russian goodies. You haven't lived until you've tried Russian candy. mmmm  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovely_gangster
Strawberry Queen

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007 02:56:46 AM »

no problems!! organising is a very generous thing to do and it was a nice offer to make.

i was just trying to help people understand that rules aren't guidelines, they're rules and making sure everyone follows them doesn't make someone negitive, more that they want swapping to be an enjoyable experience for everyone!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

minanina
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007 11:33:02 AM »

if this is going to happen, I would love to join too. Germany here Grin
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007 11:33:15 AM by BlackCat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mini
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2007 09:51:04 AM »

I have to say, lovely_gangster said it right! Having been the one to try to clean up last swap when the organizer had personal issues and left, I can tell you it's not easy!

Also, this is not a swap for beginners! Shipping internationally is very expensive & slow.

As soon as we get all our angel packages received for round 8 then I could organize round 9. (We need a co-organizer). Of course, if someone else is interested in being the organizer, I certainly wouldn't stop them.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2007 09:57:08 AM by mini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

supastarrr110

GHETTO FABULOUS MEETS SEWiiNG!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2007 11:57:56 AM »

I have to say, lovely_gangster said it right! Having been the one to try to clean up last swap when the organizer had personal issues and left, I can tell you it's not easy!

Also, this is not a swap for beginners! Shipping internationally is very expensive & slow.

As soon as we get all our angel packages received for round 8 then I could organize round 9. (We need a co-organizer). Of course, if someone else is interested in being the organizer, I certainly wouldn't stop them.

Hey i could co-organize w/ you if you want.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not gonna spit on you because i have more class than that. I am, however, going to b!tch slap you!"-New York, FLAVOR OF LOVE
mini
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2007 01:28:04 PM »

Hey i could co-organize w/ you if you want.

GREAT! Smiley
Let's discuss during the week!
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2007 02:24:18 PM »

I would like to be in it, I am from WA, USA. Hope this gets started soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mini
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2007 02:27:17 PM »

Ok... Smiley
I have two swaps that are just about finished. As soon as I get feedback for them, I'll start the sign ups.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2007 08:41:38 PM »

I'd be into this one too! Esp. if the craftster from China joins - I miss Wrigley's blueberry gum and that was the only place I ever found it! Sad

It'd be very cool to be able to provide someone something from Illinois, usa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Met Gala - The 2013 Met Gala Red Carpet Livestream
Vintage Bowles - Shopping Odetta Vintage in Paris
Jeanius - Jane Herman Bishop on Baggy Boyfriend Jeans
From the Vogue Closet - Wearing Plaids in Punk Fashion
Jeanius - Alexandra Cronan on Crop Tops
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...