A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "My Country doesn't Have That" PART erm, I donno?  (Read 7421 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

classycrafter
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2007 02:41:29 PM »

I would be interested in this swap. I have actually taken part in and organized one of the previous "My Country Doesnt Have That". This swap is a lot of fun. The only thing that I found I had to do was limit the # of participants because there were so many of us USA'ers and not enough from different countries.

I would be interested in organizing if no one else wants to.

If you want to organize, please go for it!
I have a bit too much on my plate right now & I think everyone is anxious to get going!!
I think supastarrr110 might still be available to help co-organize.

Really? I would very much like to organize. I dont think I would prefer to have a co-organizer.

My negative status will be cleared within the next week and a half. What if I start signups after that? Does that sound good to everyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2007 02:53:31 PM »

I would be interested in this swap. I have actually taken part in and organized one of the previous "My Country Doesnt Have That". This swap is a lot of fun. The only thing that I found I had to do was limit the # of participants because there were so many of us USA'ers and not enough from different countries.

I have a bit too much on my plate right now & I think everyone is anxious to get going!!

Really? I would very much like to organize. I dont think I would prefer to have a co-organizer.

My negative status will be cleared within the next week and a half. What if I start signups after that? Does that sound good to everyone?

Really! Go for it! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

classycrafter
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2007 03:59:24 AM »

Really! Go for it! Cheesy

Okay, I will be starting signups for this within the next couple weeks.

As I had mentioned before, when I had organized previously, I found that we had a lot of USA'ers and not enough from different countries. What I had to do was limit the number of people in the swap. So, for example, I would start the signups and allow 5 from the US and 5 from foreign countries. Then, if I continued to receive signups, I would extend the number on a first come first serve basis. Unfortunetly, this means that maybe all the people that want to join wont be able to but we have to make sure that we can pair you with someone from a different country, otherwise what is the point.

What for signups on this thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovely_gangster
Strawberry Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2007 04:36:00 AM »

as a non US-er i must say that this method would deter me.  i know most craftsters are from the US but the idea of sign ups for x amount of US-er's and x amount of "foreigners" is really off putting for me.  also, not that i have a problem with receiving from the US but the idea of being locked into it also puts me off.  i received one parcel from the US last round, and this time i'd like to receive from different countries.  if US-er's can receive from different countries every time, why can't I??

that being said, if you are organising, you are freee to run the swap as you wish.

i also probably wouldn't be participating anyway because i'm in a swap at the moment and i can't afford more than one swap at once time wise or money wise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princesskaos15
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2007 04:46:44 AM »

Couldn't you make some sort of chain?

Like this:

Suzy- USA
Joe- USA
Ron- England
Liam- Ireland

suzy-->ron-->joe-->liam-->suzy

It works in my head anyways...  Grin  Also, I know in some parts of the US, we can get things others can not. Especially souvenier things, and sometimes even food and such. I know I for one wouldn't mind recieving from another state if I had to! I would love to get a Statue of Liberty souvenier from New York (among other things). And I'm pretty sure there is other things, too, that I wouldn't mind getting from other states, so if need be, and if other US'ers want to do, it could be a sort of solution...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--Melinda

My Wists
classycrafter
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2007 06:32:29 AM »

as a non US-er i must say that this method would deter me.  i know most craftsters are from the US but the idea of sign ups for x amount of US-er's and x amount of "foreigners" is really off putting for me.  also, not that i have a problem with receiving from the US but the idea of being locked into it also puts me off.  i received one parcel from the US last round, and this time i'd like to receive from different countries.  if US-er's can receive from different countries every time, why can't I??

that being said, if you are organising, you are freee to run the swap as you wish.

i also probably wouldn't be participating anyway because i'm in a swap at the moment and i can't afford more than one swap at once time wise or money wise.

From my experience in the past there have been a very large # of USA'ers sign up for this swap. Please remember that I have organized it before and the way that I did it made everything run smoothly. Just because I am setting a certain amount does not mean that if you are in a different country you HAVE to swap with someone from the US. When I post the thread, there will be questions that you have to answer when you signup and I will determine from that what country your partner will be from. For example, I will ask you what top 3 countries you would like your swap partner to be from. I would then match up people based on this and the factors of the other questions. If you wouldnt mind swapping with someone from a different STATE, if need be, then you will need to state this on your signups. Realistically, I think that most people will want someone from a different country seeing as that its a "My Country Doesnt Have That Swap"

Please keep in mind that I will do my best to make sure that everyone is satisfied. The most important thing to remember is that this is supposed to be fun and will be. Not everyone in the swap will get it EXACTLY their way. I hope that everyone will keep an open mind and have fun with this.

I very much look forward to starting signups. In the past I have had a lot of fun with this and I think you will too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thefloridagurl
Crafting keeps me sane.

Rockabilly with a Vintage twist

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2007 06:35:22 AM »

Excuse me saying, but with this much drama already upfront, I am out.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dizzylizzy

dreamers have become an endangered species

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2007 06:44:53 AM »

So am I to understand that this would be setup like a regular swap whereby the organizer sets you up with one partner? It wouldn't be setup like the ongoing wish swaps where you can post a list of countries you would like, and anybody participating in the swap can then claim you and send you items you wish for? So it would be a smooth chain with picking choosing what they want to send and receive, and the organizer wouldn't have to worry about pairing people up.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007 06:54:17 AM by dizzylizzy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

electronicfly
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2007 06:59:57 AM »

Excuse me saying, but with this much drama already upfront, I am out.  Shocked

i wouldn't call it drama, but more of misunderstandings. hanks classycraftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
classycrafter
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007 07:13:54 AM »

So am I to understand that this would be setup like a regular swap whereby the organizer sets you up with one partner? It wouldn't be setup like the ongoing wish swaps where you can post a list of countries you would like, and anybody participating in the swap can then claim you and send you items you wish for? So it would be a smooth chain with picking choosing what they want to send and receive, and the organizer wouldn't have to worry about pairing people up.

Yes, you will be paired with a partner. It will not be ongoing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shop Around: Maison Kitsuné
Shop Around: Creatures of Comfort
100 Perfect Outfits: Lauren Edelstein
A Back-to-School Look That Mixes Global Style and Feminine Form
Welcome to 100 Days of Perfect Outfits!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...