A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,523
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "My Country doesn't Have That" PART erm, I donno?  (Read 7284 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kristianne88

Skulls & Leopard Print... How Could U Go Wrong?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2007 10:29:52 PM »

Also, this is not a swap for beginners! Shipping internationally is very expensive & slow.

I feel that is hardly fair. I was interested in this swap from the start and now "it's not for beginners". I do understand that things need to be sent overseas, and I am quite capable of doing that, and have done so in the past (on Ebay etc). Just because of the price I feel it's unfair to exclude people. If someone has the means to pay for it, they should be able to join.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

electronicfly
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2007 10:53:35 PM »

I agree with kristianne. Besides, I don't want to be left out of a swap that I wanted to start in the first place  Sad

cfbandit: The gum's available in Malaysia too!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princesskaos15
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2007 11:07:55 PM »

I don't think she meant you can't join, because they're are no rules against it, but just that, for beginners, it probably isn't the best swap, as it is expensive, and takes a long while. So, you wouldn't be able to join another swap until you got positive feedback in this one. But if you want to do it, and feel your up to it, no one can  stop you.  Wink
 Also, if I'm not mistaken, you have to have a least two positive feedbacks to organzie, not three, but you can't organize more than three at a time.
  Whew, now that I've said all that, I'm really hoping I can join this round! If not, I'll wait until next round, as I know they'll be one.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--Melinda

My Wists
mini
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2007 01:20:44 PM »

I don't think she meant you can't join, because they're are no rules against it, but just that, for beginners, it probably isn't the best swap, as it is expensive, and takes a long while. So, you wouldn't be able to join another swap until you got positive feedback in this one. But if you want to do it, and feel your up to it, no one can  stop you.  Wink
 Also, if I'm not mistaken, you have to have a least two positive feedbacks to organize, not three, but you can't organize more than three at a time.
  Whew, now that I've said all that, I'm really hoping I can join this round! If not, I'll wait until next round, as I know they'll be one.  Wink

Thanks, that's exactly what I meant! Everyone should just be aware that's this is an expensive swap & that takes a long time.

It's also not fair to the other swappers when we have to ask for five angels... one poor swapper got flaked on by two people last round!! I'm not saying you can't join, but please don't join if anyone thinks that they can't complete the obligations... like you are moving or didn't know it would cost so much.

It's better everyone be informed now rather than be surprised at the post office! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovely_gangster
Strawberry Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2007 03:47:23 AM »

Also, if I'm not mistaken, you have to have a least two positive feedbacks to organize, not three, but you can't organize more than three at a time.

Thanks, that's exactly what I meant! Everyone should just be aware that's this is an expensive swap & that takes a long time.

It's also not fair to the other swappers when we have to ask for five angels... one poor swapper got flaked on by two people last round!! I'm not saying you can't join, but please don't join if anyone thinks that they can't complete the obligations... like you are moving or didn't know it would cost so much.

It's better everyone be informed now rather than be surprised at the post office! Wink

i think this is totally right.  you need patience when you're doing an all international - packages can take over a month sometimes.  and thinking back, patience was something i certainly didn't have as an inexperienced swapper.

also i think new swappers can SOMETIMES (not saying always) be more prone to sending late as they can underestimate how long it takes to get things together (i was late in my first 2 swaps).  being late is especially bad in a swap like this as it slows the process down even further when postage already takes so long.

i think what mini was saying in her first post and then clarified is that these swaps are certainly open to new swappers but are not for the faint hearted or impatient!!!

although if the packages I received in the last round are anything to go by mcdht swaps are well worth the wait!!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

classycrafter
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2007 12:40:26 PM »

I would be interested in this swap. I have actually taken part in and organized one of the previous "My Country Doesnt Have That". This swap is a lot of fun. The only thing that I found I had to do was limit the # of participants because there were so many of us USA'ers and not enough from different countries.

I would be interested in organizing if no one else wants to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frosty772
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2007 12:55:36 PM »

I wanna join I wanna join !!   I am so craving some european candy!!

Please start signups soon !!!   Grin

Im in the US
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians.blogspot.com
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2007 01:48:08 PM »

I would be interested in this swap. I have actually taken part in and organized one of the previous "My Country Doesnt Have That". This swap is a lot of fun. The only thing that I found I had to do was limit the # of participants because there were so many of us USA'ers and not enough from different countries.

Go for it! I'd give it a shot but I have WAY too much going on right now to organize something like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
mini
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2007 02:36:54 PM »

If you want to organize, please go for it!
I have a bit too much on my plate right now & I think everyone is anxious to get going!!
I think supastarrr110 might still be available to help co-organize.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007 02:38:08 PM by mini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

classycrafter
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2007 02:38:22 PM »

Go for it! I'd give it a shot but I have WAY too much going on right now to organize something like this.

Well, I would but on page 4 it looks like there are 2 others talking about organizing/co-organizing and I dont want to steal their thunder. But if they dont want to I will.

Also,  I have been away from craftster for awhile and just got back into it. I ended up having a negative and am in the process of fixing it. So, as soon as the person receives I will be ready to go. FYI - dont worry, I have done lots of swaps and dont plan on having a negative again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Advertise Your Band on Myspace
How to Get a Show Back on the Air
How to Make a Lego Pokemon
How to Play Wacky Races
How to Play Dreidel Drinking
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...