A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Idea for improving the swap process?  (Read 6816 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2007 06:33:57 AM »

I've always thought that, in the profile section that lists your swap and swap feedback, there should be live links to those swaps.  If there were links, future swappers could more easily access the galleries for those swaps.

Yes, I have always thought that having links to the swap galleries from the feedback 'grid' would be cool. 

Racky,  I have a question about the new fields for Friends of Craftster.  I know only FOC's have them, but do all Craftsters see them if they go to our Profile pages?  They were really a big help to me when I was pairing up styles for the apron swap!!!

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2007 07:04:44 AM »

I've always thought that, in the profile section that lists your swap and swap feedback, there should be live links to those swaps.  If there were links, future swappers could more easily access the galleries for those swaps.

Yes, I have always thought that having links to the swap galleries from the feedback 'grid' would be cool. 

Racky,  I have a question about the new fields for Friends of Craftster.  I know only FOC's have them, but do all Craftsters see them if they go to our Profile pages?  They were really a big help to me when I was pairing up styles for the apron swap!!!

RM

I had to log out and log back in as a guest to find out the answer to your question, but yes, anyone can see your full profile (minus your email address, of course), so everyone has access to those photos you choose as your favorites.

That being said, do you think it's appropriate for a person to join a swap but also pm the organizer to request NOT be paired with a particular swapper (assuming they've had bad swapping history together)?  Or, should one have to forfeit that swap entirely?  If two people are incompatible swappers but consistently want to be involved in the same swaps, is there a way to address that do you think?

It is fine to request not to swap with someone if you have swapped before, even if you love them and have been paired together several times but just want someone new! I'm sure most organizers would do their best to honor such requests. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2007 07:14:17 AM »

Doh!  I could have done that myself, Rackycoo!  Thanks for doing it for me, though!  If ever have to log back on to Craftster, I spend 5 minutes just trying to remember my password!  Grin

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
lovely_gangster
Strawberry Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2007 06:44:00 AM »

I haven't read this whole thread so I'm not sure if it's already been said, but this kind of sounds a little bit like the feedback system on swap bot.

Swappers receive feedback from their partner ad get 1 for a no send, a 3 for just barely meeting the requirements of the swap and a 5 if they met the requirements.  Getting a 5 is not about whether the recipient liked the items or not, just about whether they put in a reasonable effort to fulfill the requirements.  I think this system works, but can get every catty as partners can also leave comments so sometimes you see things like "1 - have not received and send out was two weeks ago" reply: "don't you know international postage takes more than two weeks.  thank you for being inconsiderate" or whatever.  i am not suggesting craftster adopt this system of feedback.

what i like about swapbot though is that if you feel you partner went above and beyond, you ca give them a heart and the number of hearts they have show up in their profile.  i think this would be worth considering as it is combatting poor swapping by praising excellent swappers instead of bagging bad swappers.  i would love to give people a heart if i felt that what they sent was really something special.  just an idea.... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2007 06:47:26 AM »

what i like about swapbot though is that if you feel you partner went above and beyond, you ca give them a heart and the number of hearts they have show up in their profile.  i think this would be worth considering as it is combatting poor swapping by praising excellent swappers instead of bagging bad swappers.  i would love to give people a heart if i felt that what they sent was really something special.  just an idea.... Cheesy

I like the heart idea, because it's something positive Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
starlisa
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2007 07:02:33 AM »

I really adore the heart idea as well... It's just something a little extra partners can give to say 'Thanks" for an outstanding swap package!

I do think there should maybe be a bit of rating, or instead of just "Positive" and "Negative", there can also be "Satisfactory" in case someone sends out but they obviously did not put much time and effort in it (like, met all swap requirements by sending items related to the swap (store bought and hand made)... but partner requests "Only hand made items" and partner only sends store bought items... or something like that Grin The organizer and partner (and mod, too) can discuss how they are rated.  Also if they sent but sent out say... a month late with no real excuse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Made with ambitious love!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pina Colada Poptails
How to Make Raspberries and Cream Popsicles
How to Make Cookies and Cream Popsicles
How to Make Mint Julep Poptails
How to Make Mango Yogurt Popsicles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...