A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Exception to rule for new swappers?  (Read 1365 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sparklypants
« on: April 25, 2007 06:33:40 PM »

I am in the process of organizing the Bike Riding Swap Round 2, and someone PMed me asking to sign up, but her feedback shows that she is still "in progres" for her first swap.  She explained that her organizer has been very unresponsive and slow in updating feedback...she was flaked on in the swap, but HER package arrived sucessfully.  if she can prove (with a DC#, receipt, etc) that her package arrived, can an exception be made so that she can join? 
I certainly want to follow all of the rules, but I feel badly that she cannot join this swap due to an absentee organizer.  Unfortunately, sign-ups are supposed to be closed today... and I don't want to keep everyone else waiting.  What should I do?

-Julianna/sparklypants
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my war paint is sharpie ink

MY WISTS:  http://www.wists.com/sparklypants
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007 07:08:52 PM »

I don't see any reason why she couldn't join, but you can always open a help ticket and get the help of a MOD.  Smiley  You should also encourage her to open a help ticket so that she can get feedback and get a swap angel!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007 07:14:01 PM »

I don't see any reason why she couldn't join, but you can always open a help ticket and get the help of a MOD.  Smiley  You should also encourage her to open a help ticket so that she can get feedback and get a swap angel!

Great advice!

She can't join a second swap until her first swap is marked as Positive.  Please open a Help Desk ticket and include all the details (her username), so that they can investigate and get her profiled updated as soon as possible.  Otherwise, she'll have to sit this round out & join the next one - sorry!

http://www.craftster.org/helpdesk/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007 07:18:11 PM »

This is so sad and must be difficult.  I was talking to a friend of mine recently and we were discussing how we feel that new people to swaps should HAVE to go through the newbie swap first.  (I didn't, she did)  I went through first and lucked out with a great partner who helped me with everything.  I could see though that someone who doesn't have that opportunity or doesn't get the "subtle hints" from partners may not understand.

When she went through the newbie swap everything was SO well explained and clear about the communication side of things that it just made me wish I had gone through it.  Also, sometimes it is fun to have a partner who is new, but there is also a certain level of fear if you go a while without hearing from them.  It just seems like the newbie swap should be a permanant swap and that everyone should go through it.  That way it would be newbies with newbies and they could be excited together!  And learn the etiquette rules as well.  I have also noticed the organizers are on the ball with the newbie swap as well.  (Cheers DisneyFan!)  So this situation wouldn't happen, and we wouldn't have to wander or worry about these things because it would all just be easier.

P.S.  Sorry if I highjacked your thread, just wanted to get that out somewhere.

Edited:  To fix the Massive amounts of speeling errors I made.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007 07:22:48 PM by rozekitten » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007 07:52:40 PM »

Awww...thanks for the compliment.  I really love organizing them--and I love feeling like I'm sending people out into the swapping world with a positive experience.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
sparklypants
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007 08:26:16 PM »

she had an angel, but the angel flaked on her as well... I feel badly, but I can pretty much only wait one more day before the rest of my swappers get impatient about getting their partners.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my war paint is sharpie ink

MY WISTS:  http://www.wists.com/sparklypants
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007 09:04:52 AM »

I hate to see someone get shut out of a swap through no fault of their own! PLEASE have her contact a swap mod to help with this so she can join your swap. A help desk ticket is the best way to go, because whoever can get to it first will deal with it as quickly as possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
IamSusie
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007 10:17:09 AM »

Novastarlet and I just opened a signup for round 4 of the Felt mascot/Little stuffie swap.  We are very open to newcomers and try to be really supportive to our participants.  Novastarlet is lightning fast at recording feedback.

If newbies who meet the first swap requirements are interested in felt craft or little critters under 6 inches, this is a good one to try  Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=172066.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007 09:00:02 AM »

thanks so much for this posting.  I was reading the organizers "rules" when I read about the need to have participated in 2 swaps.  Duh!  I was thinking how can a newbie participate.

Thanks for clearing this up.  I feel like I now have a chance to play swap, even as a swap newbie.

Now, I just need to locate a swap that might fit my skill level.  Then, I will need to figure out how to post photos.

thanks.  catdaddytn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose a Softbox for your Studio
How to Set Up a Pocket Wizard System
Photography Lightening Equipment Review
Basic Principles of Light Usage in Photography
How Camera Shutters Work
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...