A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
724 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 06/09/07 - Craftster got a face lift!  (Read 50290 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: June 22, 2007 01:07:21 PM »

I think different colors would be a good idea!  Because you can't please EVERYONE with one thing...
Personally I like the green as it is, but I'm open to change  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
sharko
« Reply #481 on: June 22, 2007 07:44:38 PM »

The new look is great, but...

Would there be any way at all to move the toolbar on the left back over to the right hand side? Those of us still using older monitors have to scroll sideways in every single post as a result.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kikigirl
Einstein was hot when he was young

Let's dance! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: June 22, 2007 08:28:42 PM »

Wow!!! I adore this new Craftster.  Everyday I find out about something new such as just looking at the images in a post, tags and recent with pics.  LOVE it!!!  I'm a very happy craftster. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zendaisy

My hovercraft is full of eels.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #483 on: June 22, 2007 10:37:31 PM »

Yeah, that's what I thought too. The tiny dots pattern should now ONLY be in the logo image at the top, right? Or is anyone seeing them anywhere else?

The logo and the buttons (Most Recent Posts, etc.)--they're still supposed to be in the buttons aren't they?  Because I'm still seeing them.

[Edited to add:  Okay...now the dots are gone from the buttons and are just in the logo.  That just happened--for me, anyway--within the last few minutes.]

I love the dots too! They remind me of a comic book! Grin But at least one person said they were flickering on her monitor so I wonder how many people they look bad for. Hmmm.... I'm trying to come up with a dot pattern that's more spaced out but that still looks good.

The dots flicker on my monitor ONLY when they're moving (when I'm scrolling up or down the page, I mean).  Otherwise they stay still and behave themselves.  They do make the text over them look a little fuzzy, but it's not bad.  The green looks nice too, kind of springy.  (I'm on a laptop running Windows Vista and IE 7, by the way.)

And since I haven't mentioned it before, I'd just like to say that I too love the redesign!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007 11:25:49 PM by zendaisy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an Al-ette!
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #484 on: June 23, 2007 06:39:08 AM »

Hi zendaisy. Yep -- the dots are only at top logo now. Your buttons were probably showing up as the cached version (w/ dots) and then when you refreshed, they became the new version.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 23, 2007 08:00:02 AM »

I've gotten used to having the buttons on the left side now.  Gotta say... didn't love the idea of it before, but doesn't phase me at all now.  Yay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BhamBaby

I'm as pure as the driven slush

« Reply #486 on: June 23, 2007 08:37:28 AM »

But at least one person said they were flickering on her monitor so I wonder how many people they look bad for.

Leah, it's not the design at all that is causing the flickering. It's the resolution settings on the users end. How fast their pc refreshes that causes it. If they change their resolution, it's fine and dandy.

I don't want you to have to jump through hoops when it's not on your end. I feel bad for even mentioning it in the first place when it was user error.

The green I see is very springy. I'm loving it with the background. Feels happy.

The colors everyone is seeing is also on their end lol And y'all, that all depends on what kind of graphics card you have.

My dh gave me a huge lesson in all this when I asked him what could be causing my issues. I took that to heart because I never want to hear him repeat it rofl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaughingLark
« Reply #487 on: June 23, 2007 10:11:03 AM »

The new look is great, but...

Would there be any way at all to move the toolbar on the left back over to the right hand side? Those of us still using older monitors have to scroll sideways in every single post as a result.

Thanks!

This is also an issue on the computer I use most often. I do click on the ads from time to time (I live in a rural area, and buy most of my craft supplies over the 'net, so I always look at the craft supply ads), but I have to scroll sideways on every page of every thread I read. I tried changing the size of the page, so it all fits, but then the font is smaller than I like for reading. I don't mind scrolling alllll that much, since I've gotten used to it, but I do kinda miss having the ads on the other side.

Not that big of a deal, though, really. I love Craftster.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #488 on: June 23, 2007 11:14:16 AM »

I couldn't figure out why I was still seeing the dots...and then I dusted off the screen...

And, now that I've had a chance to cruise the site more, I love it even more (although I still wish I could organize my bookmarks better Wink )!

I really like how clean the home page is, and the new graphic icons are great too! I haven't encountered any glitches that I didn't already have (but I think those are just computer issues, not site issues- sometimes when I hit back to go to "New Replies to Your Posts" it either gets rid of all of the posts, or shows only one, or something like that. When I hit refresh, it's all good).

So thanks again for making Craftster such a fun place to visit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
photojenn
Clothing Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

« Reply #489 on: June 23, 2007 05:31:06 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but...

As I was standing in the fabric store today I was trying to remember information from one of my private messages.  Being the geek I am, I used my cell phone to get to craftster, log in, and get to my inbox.  The only problem was that I had given the message I needed a label and moved it out of the inbox and there was no way to get into the labels so I couldn't get to the message Sad

I have no idea how to do this or if this is even possible, but I can see this being a handy feature.

Thanks for all of your hard work Leah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enter a Halloween Challenge!
DIY Costume
Pumpkin Carving
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 6/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 5/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 7/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 3/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 4/19
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...