A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Simplicity 4581 With matching dress for my little one! :)  (Read 1400 times)
Tags for this thread: simplicity_4581  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BabyGirlBling
I love my Coastie and my Coastie loves me....... and my crafting addiction!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 09, 2007 11:00:40 AM »

I was trying to decide on what to wear for my husband's cousin's wedding so of course I was on Craftster's when I stumbled upon this awesome dress: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=154676.0

So of course I had to make one right away! I got the pattern on ebay for .99 and .99 in shipping and had it 3 days later. I went to JoAnns and got this gorgeous silky fabric and started sewing. It took FOREVER to cut out the peices because I decided to line the whole thing due to the fabric being a bit see thru.

This was my first time using piping and that's something I think I'll have to work on. Also this was my first ever zipper. Turns out the thought of putting a zipper in is alot scarier than actually doing it.

I'm very happy with how the dress turned out but not so happy with how I looked in it. My husband said I looked awesome and so did everyone else but I'm not too sure. (No I'm not fishing for compliments! lol)

To match my dress I made something similar for my 4 year old. I took her favorite dress that's similar in style and copied a pattern onto newspaper. Then I did the same basic thing as with my dress, Line, pipe, zipper etc.....

Please give me some feedback since this is the first thing I've made with a pattern..... I'm itching to do more but I wanted som expert opinions.

Thanks ya'll!

Me and my daughter near the end of the wedding. We were both pooped and ready for bed.

Ignore the goofy looking guy. lol! This is the best picture I have of the piping part.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007 02:41:32 PM by BabyGirlBling - Reason: Let's see if I can spell! lol! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love swapping! PM me if your interested. I make custom jewelry and awesomer than awesome bags/purses!
http://www.myspace.com/Burnt_Toast_Designs Visit my Myspace page for examples of my work.
I love taking requests for custom items!
princess76
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007 08:26:24 PM »

You should be proud.  You did great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moonmom
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007 09:42:44 PM »

OMGosh, that is the cutest thing ever. I bet you guys were a hit. What a lovely color too.     
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatyBoo
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007 04:57:30 AM »

So cute! And it looks really well made - doesn't look like your first zipper or piping at all! And the colour really suits you (and your daughter!)

xk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyGirlBling
I love my Coastie and my Coastie loves me....... and my crafting addiction!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007 08:52:15 AM »

Thank you all for your positive comments! I was wanting to post this for a while but wasn't sure that my stuff was "up to par" with the rest of you.

I love the color. My daughter helped to pick it out. I totally thought it would take us FOREVER and a day to decide what fabric we both wanted but it took less than 5 minutes which is a real miracle!  Grin
OMGosh, that is the cutest thing ever. I bet you guys were a hit. What a lovely color too.     
We totally were. The best part is though that I didn't have to search through the crowds for her. I could always spot her in the bright dress! lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love swapping! PM me if your interested. I make custom jewelry and awesomer than awesome bags/purses!
http://www.myspace.com/Burnt_Toast_Designs Visit my Myspace page for examples of my work.
I love taking requests for custom items!
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Badger Photographs
Photographing a Bagder
Red Deer Photographs
How to Photograph a Red Deer
Red Squirrel Photographs
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...