A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,522
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftalong Un-swap part 2: embroidery  (Read 9830 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2004 09:06:35 AM »

I am almost done!  The emroidery part is done.......I just need to finish the item it has been embroidered on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2004 03:54:47 PM »

I'm almost embarrassed to post, but here I go anyways.....

Here is a pic of my completed, first ever, embroidery project.  Silly me, I always like to make things harder than what they really are, so I decided to "draw" out my own pattern (hahaha, drawing has never been my strong point.  Please excuse the silly pencil marks around the flower, it hasn't been washed yet).  What started out as a sun, ended up as a top heavy flower.  Regardless, it was a lot of fun to do

Maybe next time, I'll follow a pattern and read directions on how to embroider.  I really didn't like embroidering on the tea towel....I found it extremely flimsy.  Maybe it was the brand I embroidered on, but I think I would like something with more "substance" to it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 01:24:04 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2004 06:03:03 PM »

awww....it's cute 706! Cheesy  my first project was an alien!  talk about crazy!  yeah tea towels are pretty flimsy. 

i did a bunch of different embroidering this month, little designs on paper for the bookmark swap, some flowers on a fleece scarf for my friend, and my sis and i did teacups on white napkins for our grandparents.  i actually have pics of the teacups, but don't know how to download them yet (we got our very own digi cam for xmas!) Grin  so as soon as we figure it out, i'll post pics!  also, just to let everyone know, i have not finished my purse yet for november. Tongue Cry  i was embroidering a candy cane on red for it, using the glittery dmc floss.  and it turned out very very..........very bad.  let me give this HUGE warning to everyone:

DO NOT USE THE GLITTERY DMC FLOSS!!!!!!!!!

it is awful!  it splits as soon as you start using it, and makes huge gigantor knots.  uugghhh....awful  Angry  k i'm done. post pics later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy.com
xmelinda
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2004 07:33:43 AM »

kendaljay, I haven't finished my purse from November, either!

706Designs, I know what you mean about stitching on flimsy, but if you pull it really nice and tight in the hoop, it's a bit easier.  I had the opposite problem last week. 

I was trying to finish a present for my mother Christmas Eve night.  I'd gotten a little denim purse from Michaels and was embroidering the Chinese take-out container and fortune cookie from Sublime Stitching.  But since we were staying at my mom's for the holiday, I'd just thrown some projects into a bag and I ended up not having a large-gauge embroidery needle with me.  Just try to pull SIX strand floss through DENIM with a smaller embroidery needle.  OMG, my hand and thumb are just now recovering from it  Tongue  I managed to find a slightly larger needle eventually, by searching through my mom's stuff, but still not great.

The purse turned out really cute, though  Grin

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2004 09:16:56 AM »

You guys have been great.  Its been so cool seeing what everyone has been working on.

Ok, the majority of you have posted in some form or another for the embroidery.

In case your wondering, here's who still needs to post this month

Seapj
Is she an orange
iheartseanmackrin
littleone1098
firefly
paigeylovespooka
dani24
cairnlae
gaudiknight
mikan
alison
go-fish
flyinpurplemunkiez
silloh_77
Lothruin
quarklegirl
linds3485

I know this has been a crazy month, so don't stress out about me posting your name.  I know I can be space-y and forget to post things, so I'm using this as a gentle reminder.  If you don't get around to posting, don't worry...there's always next month's knitting project!

Also, I will be post a survey of sorts for the next round of craftalongs in the new swap ideas section.

Happy New Year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elysium
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2004 02:11:10 PM »

PHEW!

I finished this the day before christmas. Just in time.

It was for my younger sister.

The mice were a pattern that was intended for christmas ornaments. I just placed them randomly on the stocking and then added some snowflakes and holly to tie it all together.

There are close-up pictures on my blog:
http://seamtheory.blogspot.com/2004/12/christmas-stocking-embroidery.html

Any comments or feedback?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hanabi
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2004 09:36:32 PM »

Wow that's great Elysium!! How long did it take you? It looks so detailed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
donutgirl
I'm Glazed!

Save your forks, there's pie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2004 09:41:45 PM »

Ok my first attempt at embroidery.  I've been collecting patterns and thread for a year now and am only just getting around to teaching myself.  So it's not the best tea towel ever made, and I made some obvious mistakes but I'm glad I finally did it..

I want to put some other things on it, it seems too plain right now..  

(the pattern is from the Stitch It kit, by the way)

(it's also my first attempt at posting a picture so I'm crossing my fingers)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 01:24:23 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alison
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2005 07:07:58 PM »

ugh...i can't believe i never posted my embroidery project!  i did it weeks ago, and did not take a picture.
i'll describe it a little, but if i can ever get a picture i will post it.

my co-wonderland q person transfered this picture onto a piece of fabric and i appliqued it to a bag i made.  i then embroidered the trees and flowers on the top of the bag and "fabulous" onto the back. its one of the best things i've made, and i FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE....some day i'll learn to photograph everything as soon as i finish so i do not forget....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2005 12:18:08 AM »

well, i've been procrastinating on the pictures, but finally here they are! I made sashiko placemats (5) from hand woven and natural dyed organic cotton with organic cotton embroidery.  they are all traditional japanese (chinese) designs which i drew freehand so they are a little rustic...
then i put new buttons and added embroidery to a yellow cashmere sweater which i've had for a long time and given a few facelifts.  i bought it for seven dollars in Seattle about 10 years ago and it is from the 1950's. i hope all cashmere is that durable!

i've been wanting to make some new tea towels, but decided to work with what was around the house, but i'm inspired by everyone's projects to continue, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sketch Chibi Hair
How to Draw a Strong Man
How to Do Graffiti Letters
How to Do Graffiti Colors
How to Use Calligraphy Ink
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...