A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,953
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craftalong Un-swap part 2: embroidery  (Read 10564 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

justimagine
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2004 06:05:42 AM »

All of the projects are beautiful! I especially love the bullion stiched flowers. I think I will try that stick - making some cherrys on a t-shirt (for myself!! Grin)

Although I still have shopping, gift making, stocking making (my mom uses the same stockings for each of us, and there are three more to be made this year - so I got nominated for the task!) wrapping, parting, etc, etc, etc.  Tongue So it looks like a last minute December project for me!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hijole
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2004 06:42:21 AM »

Thanks again, guys!

spaz_muse, bullion stitch isn't hard -- just practice a couple of times and it'll make sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chirel
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2004 11:33:08 AM »

Embroidered scarf is ready  Cheesy and I'm really happy about it. Pictures coming some time next week.

I hope nobody minds, but I have to start with next months knitting already. I decided to design a scarf all by myself so I'm mostly doing preparations, knitting swatches and so. I'll leave the actual knitting for January. I'm doing this as the gestimated birth date for my first child is January 5th and I really wish that I could get this scarf done before I become a mother.  Cheesy

I love seeing what you people have embroidered. Great work everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2004 08:08:27 AM »

Congratulations, chirel!!  Smiley

Well, with everything going on last month, I completely failed at making a purse last month.  But I just finished my embroidery project for this month!  I've done some embroidery before, so the craft itself is not something new for me to try, but what I did do that *is* new for me to try is embroidering without a pattern to go by.  I've done stuff like blanket stitch and other edging, but I've never tried to embroider freehand on something that needs to look like something at the end  Wink  So that's what this is, just freehanding as I went along.  It's a gift for someone who is a fan of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and I've had to explain it to several people, but on Craftster, there are tons of NBC fans, so I bet I won't have to explain...

It's on felt, and between the front and back pieces, I inserted a square of the thinner kind of craft foam, just to give it a bit of stability and thickness.  I had thought I would stitch a ribbon on the top so it could be hung as holiday decor, but I decided to leave it and let the recipient decide whether she wants to hang it or prop it up on a shelf or whatever.  It's about 6 inches across, more or less.

The lettering is 2-strand split stitch.  The present is 6-strand raised satin stitch (you put a few running stitches in to fill the shape before you do the satin stitch over it, which makes it sort of 3-D).  The toys are sort of like long-and-short stitch, but in a haphazard uneven sort of way, 3-strand.

Melinda  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
noelle
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2004 08:12:47 AM »

a pox! oh, melinda, you've really outdone yourself.
simply marvelous.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dixie_terror
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2004 08:42:38 AM »

Melinda it is beautiful!!! I am so jealous of whoever gets it! HOLY WOW!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a few of my recent banners...<br />http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287051709
ilovepaper
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2004 08:50:43 AM »

Well Melinda.... looks like you get a free pass on the purse you didn't make, This embroidery more than makes up for it! Every time you post something I always know that I'm going to love it.
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xmelinda
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2004 12:22:45 PM »

Thanks so much for the sweet comments, guys -- you made my day  Smiley

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2004 12:30:23 PM »

Shocked  Wowee!  I love me some xmelinda embroidery!  Not only is cute, yes cute, but the colors are amazing. 

I fear the bar has been set too high!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ilovepaper
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2004 12:35:51 PM »

I fear the bar has been set too high!

Yes, I agree Boo.
*ilovepaper looks around nervously and grabs her embroidery project and removes it*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Peachpit TV: Photoshop CS3 - Make It Rain
How a Pixel Gets its Color - Bayer Sensor
Overlay Adjustment layer in Photoshop
How to Edit a Composite Image
How to Read a Target Using Adobe Lightroom
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...