A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,070
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Stuff on Page 8.. Pattern reposting/amigurumi copyright fraud  (Read 9882 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cantus

Music grows in the rose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007 07:52:24 PM »

I tried calling her to check on the intellectual properties and see if she had obtained permission, but there was no answer. I doubt she'll be responding to e-mail on the subject... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007 07:55:46 PM »

I tried calling her to check on the intellectual properties and see if she had obtained permission, but there was no answer. I doubt she'll be responding to e-mail on the subject... Undecided

We should still voice our opinions. This is unjust.

From that website, it is difficult to tell if she is selling patterns or finished objects, BUT either way, those pictures aren't hers, which means the patterns aren't hers either!  I think several people should send her emails with "CEASE and DESIST" orders in the subject line!  It doesn't matter if they are legit cease and desist orders, but I certainly would send her a very powerfully worded letter if one of those pictures were mine! 

Yes. I agree.
Good idea.
For those of you that have had this happen to you here is here is where you can contact her. RoxanneGil69@yahoo.com

Should I contact her, voicing my opinion, even though I'm not on her site? At least, I don't think so.
I am going to, everyone should. We have to stick together and protect our craft and hard work from being exploited!!!

Shooting off an email right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
everkutz
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007 07:57:29 PM »

I wrote to the person whose "Happy Poo" is on the site, as well as the Roxycraft Snowman.  I felt it was the least I could do.  I'd want to know if someone had stolen my work!  I, too, recognize most of those pictures came from here!

I doubt that this evil person will ever answer an email, but I would hope it scares the crap out of her and she will stop what she is doing!

Here is a sample Cease and Desist letter that I found on the internet:
Dear [name]:

It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my copyrighted work entitled [name of work] (the "Work") in the preparation of a work derived therefrom. I have reserved all rights in the Work, first published in [date], [and have registered copyright therein]. Your work entitled [name of infringing work] is essentially identical to the Work and clearly used the Work as its basis. [Give a few examples that illustrate direct copying.]

As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for [name of infringing work] nor to make or distribute copies, including electronic copies, of same, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.

I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the Work, and all copies, including electronic copies, of same, that you deliver to me, if applicable, all unused, undistributed copies of same, or destroy such copies immediately and that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by [date give them about 2 weeks] indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall take further action against you.

Very truly yours,

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheting is like prostitution.  First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money.  Maybe that is why they call us Hookers?
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007 07:59:59 PM »

this is terrible!
some people are just soo jelous of our mad skills that they have to steal ours  (mine isnt on there but i see things i know)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
steen
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007 08:08:36 PM »

A email should be sent also to her host as well, at least that is what I would do as well as contacting her. I'm not sure if they will do anything but I think her provider should also be aware of what she is doing.

When I read this and went to her website I to was angry. I honestly couldn't believe the gull this person has to not only sell what doesnt belong to her ( and like someone else said its hard to see if shes selling patterns or finished products) but to also see she is using others pictures! I recognized alot of things on there. Its horrible!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007 08:09:30 PM by steen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

theaveragedream

beware of those who dislike cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007 08:22:08 PM »

Wow, this is just disgusting. I can understand inspiration, but this is just dumb.

I was never scared of posting my FOs because I love people giving feedback and then going off to use my ideas to branch of ideas of their own. And I never thought someone could be so selfish as to do this. Is she just trying to make a buck?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crochetroo
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007 08:32:54 PM »

Hi there, I appreciate all the support in this and have just popped across from the ville. My Ulysses Butterfly Bookmark is there as well.

I posted this on my blog in August last year as a thank you for people who had helped me, and with the intention that this be used a a fund raiser for chrities. I am devastated that someone would be so blatantly stupid in this theft. Not only is the pattern mine, the name Ullysses Butterfly Bookmark is mine, as is the picture taken by me and posted on my blog with some colour suggestions. This is totally wrong.

The Ulysses butterfly is a native Australian butterfly from North Queensland.

I will be following through with a legal approach.

Thanks again for your integrity and support.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geetargeek

Will knit for food.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007 09:43:34 PM »

I can't believe this!  And the fact that they are even stealing from charity sites is just tasteless.  I saw a hat there from headhuggers.org too. 

I'm going to post this at the flickr amigurumi group so it can get more exposure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look!  I'm on the internets!:
http://quetaknits.wordpress.com/ - My knit/crochet blog!
http://geetargeek.livejournal.com/ - Friends-only, so add me!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/geetargeek/ - eye candy!
http://www.ravelry.com/people/geetargeek - Ravelry!
darncat
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007 09:57:12 PM »

I just popped into Crochetville and they pointed out her copyright information. http://www.fortune3.com/Classy1/terms.html That is a total laugh. She warns you not to break copyright law by stealing from her. Let me ask then what is she doing?
None of my stuff is on there but it still makes me sick that someone could do that to everyone.
I just hope everyone joins in the fight to protect our Craft and Hard Work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinFish
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007 10:10:13 PM »

COMPLETELY unbelievable. I cannot believe what kind of balls the woman must have. I recognize almost all of these photos! Etsy, craftser, crochetville... and almost ALL are from free patterns, even... some even have creative commons copyright disclaimers right on the pattern/picture! I mean... just... my god...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Score a Perfect Look for a Summer Night Out
Fashion Trends: The All-American Varsity Look
Kristen Stewart Leaves High Style in Paris
Celebrity Bikini Style: Miley Cyrus, Nina Dobrev, and Selena Gomez
What To Wear: Crochet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...