A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teacher's Gift Pillows X3  (Read 1727 times)
Tags for this thread: teacher_gift , log_cabin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ezri_B
« on: June 08, 2007 12:02:48 PM »

My sons wanted to make their teachers pillows for the end of the year gifts. They drew a picture, I helped them transfer the pictures, they then embroidered them. I helped add the year and names. I quilted the tops. Then they made them into pillows (with some help from me.)

They are so proud of them. Their teachers seemed to like them too.

Lore (6) has the purple one (he's by far the best with his embroidery!) Levi (10) has the red, white, & blue one (all the piecework he did completely by himself.) Liam (Cool with the pink and brown one (he loves it precise which he does with his rulers! )

I didn't get a close up of Lore's  Sad
But I did get a quick one of the other two's. They are on my blog http://enjoyinglifesjourney.blogspot.com/2007/06/finished-teachers-gifts.html
if you're interested in seeing them.

I'd love to hear any comments or criticisms.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

argonne_abbitt
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007 01:18:38 PM »

What an incredible and thoughtful idea... the boys must have wonderful teachers to deserve the beautiful and heartfelt pillows.  Your boys did great work - tell them the craftster readers are impressed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"and what iz thiz?"
"cheese"
ZumaGirl74
Rebel at home & abroad.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007 01:25:58 PM »

Wonderful!  I think it's great that you're teaching them embroidery, and letting them use their own art & creativity.  It's such a gift to them.  If I'd started embroidery at that age, I might actually be good at it!  Beautiful work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rascalrose
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007 02:24:20 PM »

Wow ... What precious gifts ... the pillows and your boys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
subloke
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007 02:38:28 PM »

Wow!  That is so cool!  What crafty and creative boys.  Lucky teachers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
croque-choux
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007 02:47:38 PM »

These are absolutely wonderful- what lucky teachers they have. I hope that you made or will make similar ones for yourself to keep! I still remember the adorable miniature quilt my daughter and I made for her teacher when she was 4 or 5- all I have to remember it by is a little photo and I would so love to have one just like it now. My daughter is 17 now and we still haven't made another quilt together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007 02:59:04 PM »

Thank you for all the wonderful comments. The boys are so excited to see people like something they make.

The neatest thing was that these were all their own idea. I had gift certificates planned for the teachers, (we've been pretty busy,) but when they suggested these and showed me the pictures they had already drawn. How could I say no?

I haven't made one for myself. I'm not quite sure what to do with 3 pillows. I was thinking of working with them and making a small quilt for us. Maybe this summer.

Thanks again for all the wonderful comments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zenochka
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007 04:18:52 PM »

what a great idea! I might try that for my boys teachers! They have 8 days of school left
THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
Ezri_B
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007 04:49:37 AM »

what a great idea! I might try that for my boys teachers! They have 8 days of school left
We were finished with school on the 5th of June. It's really nice being one of the first schools out. Nothing is super crowded yet, so we can enjoy "kid" places with out too many people. (The only bummer is we have like zero spring breaks and Christmas breaks.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007 08:27:44 AM »

What a fantastic idea for a teacher's gift!  All the pillows look great and it's so good that your sons would work on them rather than just expect you to do it all.

We homeschool so we've been done school since the end of May but the public schools here don't finish until the end of June!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Do Beards Breed Discrimination?
The Year Of The Beard
Why Beards Have Come Back For Gay Men
Ways to Protect Your Hair in the Winter
Amazing 1990s Hair Will Give You A Heaping Helping Of Nostalgia
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...