A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
564 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stitch marker swap...  (Read 2605 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

penguino
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007 10:39:11 PM »

Is this swap going to happen???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007 11:06:57 PM »

I hope it is happening penguino.  I have a few ideas I'd like to try out.

Enlighten me, please. How does one go about attaching stitch markers to a bracelet? Do you just use lobster clasps or something?
  There is probably a lot of ways, but yeah I put clasps around the bracelet so you can attach/detach stitch markers at will.  There was matching dangly bits that stay attached in between too (if I remember correctly, it was a while back), so when you are using all the markers the bracelet is still not completely bare.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2007 11:47:25 PM »

I hope it is happening penguino.  I have a few ideas I'd like to try out.

Enlighten me, please. How does one go about attaching stitch markers to a bracelet? Do you just use lobster clasps or something?
  There is probably a lot of ways, but yeah I put clasps around the bracelet so you can attach/detach stitch markers at will.  There was matching dangly bits that stay attached in between too (if I remember correctly, it was a while back), so when you are using all the markers the bracelet is still not completely bare.

Yup  Cheesy Let's see if I can find a pic

Isn't it cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007 12:01:14 AM »

Oh that is so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Miss_Vicki

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007 01:58:44 AM »

I have done keyring versions too.  I prefer those so I can attach them to my project bag on the days that it my won't match my outfit.   Grin  Anyhow, I pinched the idea from a pic I saw on a blog of a keyring type one in beautiful shades of purple.  It was being given away as a prize.  Trouble is I have lost the link, I deleted it from my wist so sharre wouldn't see it before she received hers.  I'll try to hunt it down.

I bought some supplies today, just in case this swap does happen.  Sharre, would you mind divulging the source for the silver findings you used?  I felt that what I had used was a bit too flimsy, I still fear it may break.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007 02:17:29 AM »

hmmm I'm pretty sure they were just stainless steel eyepins and jump rings from a local craft store, although I do remember that the gold ones were the round bits from toggle clasps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
auntiem
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007 09:17:05 AM »

I'll organize if y'all want - unless someone else wants to.
So maybe do 12 stitch markers in total - two sets of 6 or one large set of 12 and a "container unit" - (bracelet, decorated case, large ring, small zippered bag)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ameythestlily
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007 09:20:29 AM »

sounds good
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2 more months till little Emmalyn makes her debut. So nervous but just can't wait Smiley
minanina
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2007 11:30:42 AM »

I love stichmarkers and it sure sounds like fun Grin
I would organize too or we could do it together auntiem if you like.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss_Vicki

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2007 05:19:04 PM »

Sounds good to me auntiem. 

This morning I learnt the hard way that I could use a containment unit for mine.  I lost one of my very favourites down the back of the chair, on the train.  I only placed it in my lap for a moment to recount stitches.  OMG!  Nothing is more discusting than the crap that lives in the crevasses between seats on public transport.  I found a straw, a pen, 50c a furry black jelly bean and eventually my stitch marker.  All that behind just one seat!   Embarrassed  My hands are still sore from jamming them into a space that was far to small.  It was all a bit frantic too, because my stop was next, but I was determined.  Please learn from my mistake folks, don't let this happen to you. 

So yeah, I am hoping that having a larger collection will help keep me from panicing so bad next time, and having a container will help prevent a next time occurring.

I have washed my hands but I really wanna go do it again. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Nathaniel Fick Talks About Being in a War
Duma Key Book Trailer by Stephen King
Mistaken Identity Book Trailer
Momma Loves Her Little Son Animation Video
Paige Toon Talks About Her Books
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...