A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 301,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
383 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stitch marker swap...  (Read 3262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

penguino
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007 10:39:11 PM »

Is this swap going to happen???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007 11:06:57 PM »

I hope it is happening penguino.  I have a few ideas I'd like to try out.

Enlighten me, please. How does one go about attaching stitch markers to a bracelet? Do you just use lobster clasps or something?
  There is probably a lot of ways, but yeah I put clasps around the bracelet so you can attach/detach stitch markers at will.  There was matching dangly bits that stay attached in between too (if I remember correctly, it was a while back), so when you are using all the markers the bracelet is still not completely bare.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2007 11:47:25 PM »

I hope it is happening penguino.  I have a few ideas I'd like to try out.

Enlighten me, please. How does one go about attaching stitch markers to a bracelet? Do you just use lobster clasps or something?
  There is probably a lot of ways, but yeah I put clasps around the bracelet so you can attach/detach stitch markers at will.  There was matching dangly bits that stay attached in between too (if I remember correctly, it was a while back), so when you are using all the markers the bracelet is still not completely bare.

Yup  Cheesy Let's see if I can find a pic

Isn't it cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007 12:01:14 AM »

Oh that is so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Miss_Vicki

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007 01:58:44 AM »

I have done keyring versions too.  I prefer those so I can attach them to my project bag on the days that it my won't match my outfit.   Grin  Anyhow, I pinched the idea from a pic I saw on a blog of a keyring type one in beautiful shades of purple.  It was being given away as a prize.  Trouble is I have lost the link, I deleted it from my wist so sharre wouldn't see it before she received hers.  I'll try to hunt it down.

I bought some supplies today, just in case this swap does happen.  Sharre, would you mind divulging the source for the silver findings you used?  I felt that what I had used was a bit too flimsy, I still fear it may break.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007 02:17:29 AM »

hmmm I'm pretty sure they were just stainless steel eyepins and jump rings from a local craft store, although I do remember that the gold ones were the round bits from toggle clasps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
auntiem
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007 09:17:05 AM »

I'll organize if y'all want - unless someone else wants to.
So maybe do 12 stitch markers in total - two sets of 6 or one large set of 12 and a "container unit" - (bracelet, decorated case, large ring, small zippered bag)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ameythestlily
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007 09:20:29 AM »

sounds good
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2 more months till little Emmalyn makes her debut. So nervous but just can't wait Smiley
minanina
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2007 11:30:42 AM »

I love stichmarkers and it sure sounds like fun Grin
I would organize too or we could do it together auntiem if you like.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss_Vicki

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2007 05:19:04 PM »

Sounds good to me auntiem. 

This morning I learnt the hard way that I could use a containment unit for mine.  I lost one of my very favourites down the back of the chair, on the train.  I only placed it in my lap for a moment to recount stitches.  OMG!  Nothing is more discusting than the crap that lives in the crevasses between seats on public transport.  I found a straw, a pen, 50c a furry black jelly bean and eventually my stitch marker.  All that behind just one seat!   Embarrassed  My hands are still sore from jamming them into a space that was far to small.  It was all a bit frantic too, because my stop was next, but I was determined.  Please learn from my mistake folks, don't let this happen to you. 

So yeah, I am hoping that having a larger collection will help keep me from panicing so bad next time, and having a container will help prevent a next time occurring.

I have washed my hands but I really wanna go do it again. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Recipe
Halloween Ghosts
How to Make White Chocolate Halloween Spooky Cookies
Food Truck Filled With Nutella Rolls Onto College Campus
Creamy Pumpkin Mousse Dessert Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...