A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,330
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Round 7 Gallery!  (Read 72251 times)
Tags for this thread: stuffie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #780 on: February 02, 2008 06:44:58 AM »

Me, too! And gizmonic rocks for being your angel! It's too bad you never got your original little visitor back, though Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
kikigirl
Einstein was hot when he was young

Let's dance! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #781 on: February 02, 2008 09:50:35 AM »

Gizmonic (and CraftADDchick) are in the top 10 (probably top 3) of most awesome swappers!  It's too bad you got flaked on but the good news is:  YOU GOT GIZMONIC for an angel!!!  I'm sooooo happy for you and can't WAIT to see all you got!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #782 on: February 02, 2008 10:07:43 AM »

Awwwww...shucks Wink

Thanks, Kiki!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarcastra
« Reply #783 on: February 02, 2008 11:49:14 AM »

I know!  I'm really lucky.  And gizmonic is awesome for being a brilliant angel during the holidays after already finishing the original swap.

Here's another photo from the gigantic box of goodies from Ohio.

So much stuff.  A large book bag with a zippered opening from her local library is in the background.  In the middle back is a pack of holiday cards with envelopes; the photo features a popular/famous gazebo from her town and the whole set is made local to her.  Middle right: a candy mold for Day of the Dead sugar skulls!  I've always wanted some of these, but never gotten around to ordering them.  I have no idea how she knew this - she's psychic.  In the front is a felted bowl holding two hand knit washcloths and a bar of some luscious smelling soap.  I can't wait to pamper myself with a bath using these items.    Finally for this picture, framing the items are locally made beers!!  She is so sneaky to have shipped me beers!!  One is a pale ale and the other is a lager, they both feature names and labels tied to the history of Ohio.  That is just unbelievably cool.

There is so much great stuff in this box I'm going to have to keep spreading it out, otherwise we all might go into a goodie-overload coma.  I've still got four more photos and Dusty isn't even here yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #784 on: February 02, 2008 12:06:52 PM »

Excellent goodies!! That soap sounds like it will be fabulous and knitted washcloths are the best! Fantastic local goodies too (how did she manage to ship beer without it breaking?). Nice job giz!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarcastra
« Reply #785 on: February 03, 2008 09:04:30 PM »

Here are some more photos of goodies from Gizomic:

Three different, cool books about Ohio, a set of reindeer tea towels (I love reindeer), a packet of winter candy from a local chocolate shop, a figurine of Christmas Story's Ralphie receiving his decoder ring in the mail and a cardinal statue - the cardinal is the state bird of Ohio and of Kentucky, my home state.

In this shot we have a nice scenery calendar and two skeins of red and black WoolEase; red and black is one of my favorite color combos as well as the team colors for Ohio State.  At the front right, there is a bag of Buckeye candies; they are a ball of peanut butter surrounded by chocolate.  They are candy representations of the buckeye nuts (from Ohio buckeye trees) which have a unique toxicity.  Buckeyes are what Ohio residents are often referred to as since a political candidate in the past used it in his slogans.  In the middle front is a HUGE (18 fl oz) coffee cup covered in facts and drawings of Cleveland.  Coincidentally, I've been looking for a large coffee cup for myself; I don't know how gizmonic knew this.  She is psychic, I tell ya'.  On the front left is a bag of pasta shaped in the university shaped "O"s.  It has a sauce packet inside and I think she sent me an entire dinner in the making - pasta with sauce, beer, candies.  That's a meal.

A Cleveland magazine, a buggy eyed reindeer ornament, a reindeer finger puppet on a peppermint stick (he is currently guarding my computer desk), a pack of reindeer tissues, pirate tissues, a box of pirate bandages with a tiny, miniature-sized pirate rubber ducky inside, reindeer treats (jellybeans) and I love the cartoon reindeer on the package.  They look like they're in treat heaven - so cute!  On the left is the stack of rust-colored fabrics of fat quarters she used to wrap everything in.  I think I could make a quilt top out of just that stack.  On top of the fabric is a wonderful small pot.  It is handmade, but I can't quite make out the signature on the bottom.  It currently has a home on my sewing desk - useful and pretty!

Finally, a poor shot of a poster.  At the bottom, it says Cleveland in old-newspaper style letters, but I couldn't fit it all in the shot.  It is a nice winter holiday poster, classy.

I was going to spread it out some more, but my home internet has been very flaky all of a sudden and I don't want to risk not being able to show off all this great stuff gizmonic sent.  Thank you gizmonic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #786 on: February 04, 2008 06:28:25 AM »

That's a great package you sent, gizmonic!

(Buckeyes - that brings me back! I'll have to beg my Ohioan coworkers to make some!)  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
gizmonic

CraftADDchick and Myklia: my fave Craftsters!

Put your helmet on, we'll be reaching speeds of 3!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #787 on: February 04, 2008 08:11:17 AM »

Hey it's great to see this thread come alive again!

Sarcastra, your pix are great!  You've made the goodies look better than I remember them!  Grin 

The handmade pot was purchased from the Cleveland State University's annual Starving Artists Ceramic show.  It's a great place to pick up a nice piece of art and support local talent.  Smiley  It's one of my fave art shows -- my mum & I attend every year. 

I'm sooo pleased you liked everything!  This swap's been a first for me -- 1st time swapping and 1st time swap angelling. Smiley  And judging by the compliments I think I've done ok! Wink

I haven't forgotten about Dusty -- he's waiting patiently (actually, tapping his paw furiously and looking at his imaginary watch  Roll Eyes Cheesy tsk!)  All that's left for me to finish is the album.  I'll get that to ya asap. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/)   I copied Shewolf's Fat Bunny.
( o.o )   I don't want to be eaten!
(>   <)*Buy a Bunny a Little Time http://www.rabbit.org
LUCY'S GREAT ADVENTURE: Little Visitor swap #7
Ravelry~Gizmonic
50+ Crochet Cloth-along
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182441.0
gizmonic

CraftADDchick and Myklia: my fave Craftsters!

Put your helmet on, we'll be reaching speeds of 3!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #788 on: February 04, 2008 08:14:08 AM »

Hey Al-ettes!

Look who I found:

http://purpleduckie.com/alienpatternpage.htm   Smiley  I think Al would be pleased.

He's next on my list to knit!

Giz  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/)   I copied Shewolf's Fat Bunny.
( o.o )   I don't want to be eaten!
(>   <)*Buy a Bunny a Little Time http://www.rabbit.org
LUCY'S GREAT ADVENTURE: Little Visitor swap #7
Ravelry~Gizmonic
50+ Crochet Cloth-along
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182441.0
kikigirl
Einstein was hot when he was young

Let's dance! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #789 on: February 04, 2008 09:41:01 AM »

How adorable is that?!!!  I think Al would ve VERY pleased!  hee hee.

Again Gizmonic, such a sweeeeeet package! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Healthy Shirataki Noodles
Sushi Push-Pops to Be the Next Big Thing
How to Make Perfect Tamanishiki Rice
How to Prepare Vegetarian Sushi
2012 Vendy Awards Finalist: Xin Jiang Prosperity Kebabs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...