A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: US Altered Journal Swap Ring (Round 2)  (Read 1514 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 06, 2007 03:05:41 PM »

Here's the gallery for when you get your gorgeous books back! Can't wait to see them all...

original thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=160265.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
sanditerese
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007 12:11:09 PM »

Yay!  I am finally posting the wonderful journal pages in my book!  Thank you all for your hard work.  I love these pages so much.  My theme was baby girl.  I'm using this book as a baby book/journal for my daughter.

Here is the first page I did for the sign in:

Page #2 (I don't know who did this page):

Page #3(I don't know who did this page either):

Page #4 (Grasshopper's page):

Page #5 (Banga's page):

Page #6 (Aliastriona_angerboda's page):

Thanks again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SandiTerese

www.wists.com/sanditerese
www.sanditerese.etsy.com
I have a blog now!  www.yarner.blogspot.com

I love personal swaps!
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007 12:52:43 PM »

Yay, pictures!

I made my book by hand (cardboard from inside a binder, scrapbook paper, paint to "age" it, and embroidery floss for the outsides, brown craft paper and watercolor paper for the insides):

Couldn't think of any sort of interesting theme, so I left the sign-in page rather plain (store-bought tags with embroidery floss in handmade painted-vellum envelopes), attached my (incredibly dorky Tongue) letter inside...

...and then did a full spread of my own to give them ideas/inspiration:

I wanted to see what was in everybody else's heads, so I asked them to do whatever they wanted to do Smiley

sanditerese's spread:

orange_sunset's spread:

TripleThreads' spread:

grasshopper's spread:

Banga's spread...

...which has a tag:

Thank you all for your hard work and for taking such good care of my book (I was sincerely worried it was gonna fall apart somewhere on the other side of the country...I've absolutely no faith in my own bookbinding skills).  This was a fun and exciting swap!

And, now for a bit of sadness...Banga says her book is gone, so I'll post what I did for her 'Dark Fairy Tales' theme:

'Tis a rather blood-spattered take on The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen.  The quote says "Once more she looked at the prince, with her eyes already dimmed by death, then dashed overboard and fell, her body dissolving into foam."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007 01:49:07 PM by aliastriona_angerboda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007 01:38:14 PM »

Yay! It's great to see pictures up in our gallery! I had lots of fun with your spread sandi, I just fell in love with that little girl and had to use her! I hope you love your book. (p.s. I think orange sunset did the pink page, and TripleThreads did the purple bordered page)

a_a, I'm amazed at your pink work in sandi's book. Considering how much you hate that color, you did some lovely work with it! And I can't believe that Little Mermaid spread. (One of my fave tales btw!) I am praying that one day my book shows up so that I can see it in person!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007 02:05:54 PM »

a_a, I'm amazed at your pink work in sandi's book. Considering how much you hate that color, you did some lovely work with it! And I can't believe that Little Mermaid spread. (One of my fave tales btw!) I am praying that one day my book shows up so that I can see it in person!

Thanks!  I had just finished a monochromatic pink spread when I started working on sandi's book, so I'd sort of been beaten into the right frame of mind...now I have to figure out what to do with all the pink supplies I've recently acquired Cheesy  And I hope your book shows up, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

orange_sunset

I found myself! ...Now where'd I put the scissors?

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007 01:50:55 PM »

Sandi- I did #2 on yours Wink
These look really great! I didn't get photos of a lot of my spreads that I did Sad BUT! I'll take photos of the spreads that others did for MEEEE!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007 03:40:49 PM »

All feedback is now updated, so please check and let me know if there are any mistakes!
This swap is now officially closed, although we are still waiting on ppl to post photos (me included!) Those will be up in a moment!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Banga

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007 04:03:56 PM »

And without further ado... here are the photos of my book, minus the Little Mermaid spread by a_a which she posted earlier. I apologize for the quality, as my camera just couldn't get great shots. Must invest in a good scanner!
My sign in pages:

Rapunzel, by sanditerese (the quote says "What do you mean, you don't like blondes?" So cute! And did you notice the little yarn braid?)

The Princess and the Pea, by orange_sunset (the text is quoted from the fairy tale, see all of the layers of printed paper on the right? Mattresses!)

The Snow Queen, by TripleThreads (somehow the entire pages are embossed with snowflakes. How did you manage that in a bound book? And glitter, my favorite!)

Thank you ladies for all of your creativity on what I realize may have been a difficult theme!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007 04:06:39 PM by Banga » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
TripleThreads
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007 12:36:22 AM »

Banga- I used a texture plate to do those. As soon as I saw your theme, I knew what I had to do. I wondered if it was "fairy tale-y" enough, but love the story so much I had fun. Not finding much snowflake oriented stuff, I had fun with shiny things.  Wink Glitter is awesome. Though apparently glitter which appears snow-like in the tube is actually more pink than whiteish. o.o I officially love texture plates now and want to find more things to use them on.

I'm amazed by the work that everyone else did- everyone is extremely talented! My journal came back absolutely lovely, so I had to take lots of pics to show off how awesome it is. Wink

Green, my favorite colour. Grin

The intro page.

... with beautiful signins.

The first page- I'm guessing Banga?

... with a beautiful tag/card.

Page 2 by a_a. I love how you shaped the page!

Page 3- this must be by sanditerese. Smiley Yay green! And butterflies. And sparklies.

Page 4 by orange_sunset. Who knows how much I love faeries. Smiley

And grasshopper hid hers way in the back half of the journal, because she's crafty that way. With bookmark attached:

... and removed, so the pages can be seen.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007 01:01:06 AM by TripleThreads » THIS ROCKS   Logged
orange_sunset

I found myself! ...Now where'd I put the scissors?

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007 05:44:26 PM »

I'm late in getting my pages up. Sad But they ARE coming! I just have to find my darned camera cable......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Portrait Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Panoramic Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Night Portrait Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Night Landscape Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...