A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
344 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Sentimental Gift for First Father's day for a dad who Waited a LONG time!  (Read 8803 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

karak411
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007 10:04:22 AM »

Wow you guys, you all totally rock my socks!!

I love the feet idea!!  So cute and the beer thing, such good ideas, I especially love the "making good things since 2006".

And I was on track with the frame, I was thinking of stealing the home depot commerical idea and getting a wooden yard stick and cutting it into four peices and making a frame out of it.  Then wood burn "You rule dad" onto it.

I love them all!!  Thank you!!

Oh and feel free to continue to add ideas if you must!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BelovedGoddess
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007 07:06:05 AM »

Along the lines of "baby's first Christmas" type things you could do him some "Dad's first Father's Day" stuff, a tshirt, coffee mug to mention a couple of things you could use.  You can get bake-on porcelan paints for the mug - maybe do a handprint on the mug - check for toxicity first and wash off hands immediately. 

My kids did the plaster handprints for their dad. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

citizengeek
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007 03:25:43 PM »

Ideas from the blogs:

photo cube cards- make a set and let him assemble some.  Add captions to your pictures to daddy it up a bit

http://www.goodyblog.com/playing_house/2007/06/photo_finish_cu.html

choose a couple books or activity ideas/supplies from www.geekdad.com to get his mind percolating for the future fun he and the kid(s) will have.  My geek husband LOVES this stuff.

a personalized mini-multitool.  These are great for dad-tasks (and mom tasks too- see a whole list of parent assists in my blog post) and you can them engraved at most mall engraving shops/kiosks while you wait:
http://babytoolkit.blogspot.com/2006/12/leatherman-micra.html

Make a card and put a footprint on it.  (you'll need a helper to do this without a huge mess)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kpooh
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008 05:55:34 AM »

A T-shirt with your daughters pic on it that says "Worlds Greatest Dad"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BoomerLovesFriday

Its Friday, I'm in love.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008 12:51:24 PM »

If he reads you could make him some book ends. I'm always looking for interesting bookends because I have lots of books...Michaels sells those cardboardy ones you can paint of decoupage...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008 05:10:32 AM »

I used to work in an engraving shop. If you can find a shop with either a sand blaster or a laser engraver you can take in the feet prints for their hospital cards and have them engraved on beer mugs. If you could scan the image yourself and bring them photo ready art work that would cut down on your cost.

Much Peace,
Tero
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
b2j2fitz
Vibrant Designs

...is striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009 10:37:08 AM »

I'm not sure where you could do this but I know it's possible.  When I was a little girl (I'm 31 this year!) my mom had all of us four kids get our picture taken at this place that did photo t-shirts.  I was like 4 years old I think.  Anyway, there are 2 boys and 2 girls in my family so we did girls on one side boys on the other.  My Dad STILLS wears this shirt!  It is see through in some spots!  We did it again when I was in highschool...but I tell you, that one from when we were all little...he just wears and wears.  So I'm thinking since he is so proud to be a daddy that he just might enjoy a sentimental gift like this one.  Just a thought. 

J
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
KD101: Bread Pudding with Vanilla Butter Sauce Recipe
White Chocolate Cheesecake from Colicchio & Sons
Your Definition Of Salad Should Not Include This
Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookie Recipe
How to Make a Next-Level Fruit Salad
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...