A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
375 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my new fun gocco !!  (Read 5555 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mymble
« on: November 17, 2004 05:07:56 PM »

I just bought a print gocco, and I'm having so much fun with it.  I'm making prints of my artwork, and all kinds of other stuff for my soon to be made website, to sell in galleries when I have shows, and for a craft fair I'm doing in Oakland in December.

This guy is a three screen print.  I printed it in layers.  The first one is the orange square, next was sort of a blob that is the shape of the little critter, and the blue branches, and the third screen was the black outline. 

What do you guys think?  They're printed on lovely thick creamy paper, and I was thinking of selling them for $8-$12.00
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffysam
i love whales.

sewing, sewing, sewing some more

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004 05:25:14 PM »

That's really cute! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Sam

Fluffyland - A shop filled with handmade cuteness! Whales, Narwhals, Wrist Wallets, and more!
http://www.fluffyland.com

Fluffyland Craft & Sewing Blog
Photos & Tutorials & Haiku!
http://www.fluffyland.com/blog
craftology

I'm a knitting kitten!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004 08:45:42 PM »

Wow, awesome job!  That orange square look like it's been hand painted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vivalarobots
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004 09:07:12 PM »

That looks really good.

I've been debating purchasing a GOCCO myself. Would you say it's worth it? It sure seems so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mymble
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004 10:38:43 PM »

Well..I've been debating internally about if it was worth it or not.  Here's my list of pros and cons:

pro
very easy to use...you burn the screen with just a flash of the light bulb thing, and you don't have to make stencils or transparancies, you just draw your picture, put it in the holder with the screen and voila!

no photo chemicals or anything like that.

printing is quick and easy too, ink the screen, put it in the holder and press down, you can make lots of prints (the instruction book says 60-80) with one inking.

not messy and easy to put away, which for me means I'll use it more, and everything fits right back in the box to put away, so it doesn't take up much space.

it's super fun and it makes me happy

con
pricey (I paid 185 at my local independently owned art supply store, but I saw one today on ebay brand new for 115).

screens are small and expensive $15/5

each time you burn a screen you use up 2 flash bulbs, and those are pricey too.

I guess I'd say that right now, I think it's worth it just for ease of use and a simple introduction to screenprinting.  The quality of the print is great, and I'm able to quickly make lots of prints.   I definitely go back and forth, because as a single mom, $185 is a huge investment for me, so I'm really hoping I'll at least make my money back on it.  (But damn it's a lot of fun!)

Here's a bag I made today with a one color print

THIS ROCKS   Logged
hollyjones
Paperella

www.paperella.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004 12:06:03 PM »

That is really cute! I just got a Gocco, I'm excited to start using it. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.paperella.com
Personalized Invitations & Stationery
vivalarobots
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004 02:41:06 PM »

Overall it sounds like a decent investment, thanks for giving me your opinion and keep up with the cute stuff! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rabid.dustbunny
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004 03:16:33 PM »

This is really very nice.
I need to know more about goccos, never heard of this before! Maybe I need one too...
I also think that you should sell these for more. I'm sure they are worth at least $20 a piece.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004 03:23:43 PM by rabid.dustbunny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground.
aspiring
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004 11:45:58 AM »

Gocco fever has hit!  I want one, too!  So, would you say it's easy to figure out how to use it?  Can I just spend a few hours with the kit and instructions, and actually have something to show for it?  I'm guilty of making impulse purchases, especially with crafty supplies, and then not using them.  This is too expensive for a whim!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TuffJess

Let's make some Miss-Chief!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004 08:18:52 AM »

Wow, it's so great to see everyone's beautiful projects.

I just got a Gocco last week and it is AWESOME.  It comes with a video that shows and explains everything really well.  My first print worked out, a little grainy but I think I can fix it.  It's definitely possible to get up and printing in a couple of hours, and I'd never done any sort of printing before, ever.

Here's our first trial, my boyfriend drew the pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/delaware9/gocco.jpg

We got ours on eBay for $115.  Also, if you buy from http://www.welshproducts.com you can get masters and bulbs for pretty good prices.  I figured it out and it would cost about $4 for each master including the master screen and bulbs.  And it is designed so that you don't need to use huge amouns of ink, either.  I feel like this is a great investment that I will be using for a long time!!  I love it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do something pretty while you can" --Belle and Sebastian

Buy Miss Chief!
http://www.misschiefshop.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Computer Animations
How to do Heat Embossing
Raku Firing Process
How to Make a Bouquet Using a Bouquet Arranger
Learn About Floaty Pens
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...