A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,115
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Your own original design Stitchalong  (Read 8058 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

streeturchin
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007 09:43:56 PM »

I know this is late, but I'm in if it hasn't started yet or I can join late! I've just started embroidering the piece in my icon/avatar (whatever you call it Smiley)... it looks much better bigger and in person. I think resizing it made it wonky.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007 09:45:32 PM by streeturchin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SlickMariaVic
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007 09:47:49 PM »

That would be pretty cool if people made their own designs, embroidered them, and then shared the pattern with people if they were interested Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
GumInMyHair
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007 06:03:23 AM »

streeturchin, I would love to see you icon embroiderer. I'll be watching for it.

Here is a link to my first embroidery attempt. It has alot of original designs on it.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=195577.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
streeturchin
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007 12:42:39 PM »

that's really cute! so far i'm just working on the hair/snakes (it's medusa) but it's taking a while because i'm filling it in with french knots...probably not the wisest choice. it's my first real piece- i've only ever done little ones that i gave up on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GumInMyHair
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007 04:20:03 PM »

streeturchin, I would love to see you icon embroiderer

HA-HA-HA  I'm surprised you could even read that mess  Cheesy
My computer knocked me off TWICE while trying to post (they were working on the power lines).

I didn't realize your icon was Medusa, I thought it was wild hair. Now I really want to see it. The french knots will probably take a while, but be well worth it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
streeturchin
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007 07:13:18 PM »

Cheesy I hadn't even realized it wasn't written correctly. Oh well, it happens to me too. Yeah, it can be Medusa or not, it looks like her if the hair is green (such a small picture doesn't really show the details, and I think that was a first draft or something)- other wise it can just be a girl with wild hair or...well, a street urchin I suppose Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GumInMyHair
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007 12:21:08 PM »

Did you draw the picture yourself? How big is the piece you are embroidering?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
streeturchin
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007 10:15:59 PM »

The whole thing is about 10x14 but the face itself fills about 7x7. Only the hair will be in french knots (thank God) and I'm about half done with that. I'll put eyes on the snakes with beads or something when I'm done so they actually look somewhat like snakes. I drew it myself several years ago with the intention of creating several pieces in different media (it's taken me a long time to actually start the project, but next I think I'll do batik). Mostly I just needed an image to work with so I could learn different skills/crafts. Here's what I've done so far (sorry it's a really crappy picture, I don't have my actual camera here).

Are you working on a piece right now?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007 10:17:49 PM by streeturchin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
GumInMyHair
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007 02:39:01 PM »

WOW!  It's much larger than I expected. This is very impressive.  Beaded eyes would be great! I like the texture of the snake hair. Thanks for posting the pic.

I am going to stitch 2 pin-up girls that I saw at needlecrafter.com. I will try to learn 2 new stitches (chain and maybe stem). I may not get started on them any time soon tho. I have to finish a couple other projects first.

Please post another picture when you are done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cirobi
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007 12:11:44 PM »

wow that medusa piece is huge and amazing looking!

i've gotten more done on my 1up mushroom since things have calmed down from moving to my house.  there's not much though.  i'll have to see if i can dig up a copy of the pattern in some old backups i made right before my work laptop hard drive died on me.  i'm really hoping i managed to get it backed up so i can share.  *hopes and prays*  i'm going to aim for posting a picture of it around the beginning of november.  i'm still wading through boxes at my house so progress has been super slow on both of my cross stitch projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty" ~The Cruxshadows
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 12/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 13/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 10/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 11/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 14/29
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...