A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 301,509
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: June WishList Swap!!!!  (Read 6486 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« on: June 04, 2007 07:14:04 PM »

THIS IS THE 2007 WISHLIST JUNE SWAP, YOU
MUST PICK SOMEONE AND PM ME TO JOIN

Swap name: 2007 Wishlist June
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  superhooker
Craftster member who is the backup organizer for this swap: Silver Ilix
Sign-up date range: This swap lasts from 06/01/07-06/30/07
Date to send item by: Must send out item within 4 weeks of picking a partner-- the longer crafting time is so you can make bigger items
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No WAY!!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!
All ages allowed? Or 18+?  All ages.  If you are under 18 be sure that:
A)   you have your parents permission (youll be using their address OR a P.O. Box)
B)   you have access to a computer where you can keep in contact (i.e. if you get grounded from a home computer, you can use the one at the library/friends/etc.)
C)   you are able to walk/get a ride to the post office ON TIME
D)   you have enough supplies or funds to purchase supplies needed to create awesome crafted items

"Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO, I'm not organizing more than three swaps now.
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES (details shown below)

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that
every participant meets these conditions: YES
All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

DETAILS:
This is a wishlist swap;  post a list and you may receive it!   Your list will need to consist of where you are from (it's okay to just put your state and/or country), crafted items that you would like (it helps greatly to include links to photographs, tutorials, etc.) and/or crafting supplies.

First: You will look through the lists of the people
who have already posted.  You will THEN pick someone from
there to craft for.

Second: As soon as you have messaged me, the organizer,
telling me who you would like to craft for and your answers to the
questionnaire, I will tell you that you can post a list.

BASICS:
- to be able to post a list you have to craft for at least ONE person
- there must be AT LEAST 5 items on your list
- you can be picked as many times as you have items on your list
- if you have been picked 3 times, you have to pick one other person to craft for, then you can picked more...
- this swap starts fresh each month, so if you weren't picked from a previous round, you can post your list up in this round (after you've PMed me and been given approval)
-please include where you are in your wishlist, so people know if they are sending out of country before they choose you.
- please use DC#s or get a copy of the customs number when sending your packages... this helps greatly if they're lost in the mail!
- regular communication is required, so PM me when you send and when you receive
- you can craft for more than one person if you want, just PM me who you'd like to craft for and I'll send you their address!

When one of your items is picked, you must cross it out on your list and thank the person sending the item to you.

Example:
Person B wants to have their list posted so they PM the organizer with their questionnaire answers, and what they want to craft from Person As list.  The organizer will then PM person B, give them person As address, then they can then post their list.

Person C wants to have a list up, so they choose from A OR B, PM the organizer their answers, the name of the person they want to craft for, and what theyre going to craft.   Then they wait until the organizer approves them and sends them the address of whom they have picked.  Then they can post their list.

Say person A has been chosen 3 times. For them to be picked more, they have to pick one more person to craft for. 
The organizer (me) will let you know when you need to pick someone else if you want to receive more items.
Previous swaps: January: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=143014.0
                       Februrary: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=149724.0
                       March: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=155545.0
                       April: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=161460.0

PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS FROM THIS ORGANIZER
*If you are going to be away from your postal service, you need to have a third party pick up your package and alert the organizer (me).
*Please don't PM me with your estimated date of sendout.  PM me after you have actually sent the package.
*If you have aversions to animal products or you have allergies that you feel need to be addressed, please include that in your introduction when you post your list (this isn't for me, it's for those who are crafting for you!).
*If you or your roommates smoke, please launder your crafts if possible or air-freshen them before sending.

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING
INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE
(Please make the title of your PM the name of the swap)

Name of swap: 2007 Wishlist June
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name and mailing address:
Who you pick:
What you are making:

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please feel free to ask me any questions that you have!

Number of wishes granted by them   / Number of times they have been picked for wishes

Craftsters taking part:
          recieving/sending
Dulcinea  3/3
superhooker 5/3
veludo 2/1
goldfishgirl 1/1
theknitnkitn 2/1
Arzu 2/2
sanditerese 2/1
soonfamo-artiste 3/1--cannot get picked again until you pick someone else!
dia.bombay 1/1
Zero Cool 1/2
dizzylizzy 1/2
frenchnewwave 1/1
tasi292 0/1
CraftyDeb 0/1
andrethecat 0/1
annamhudson 0/2
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007 05:10:27 PM by superhooker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
superhooker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007 07:14:37 PM »

Link to the gallery!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=176153.0
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007 02:34:10 PM by superhooker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007 07:20:22 PM »

shipping info:sent
recievedtotally late!

ship by  7/6/07
Goldfishgirl---superhooker for handspun
theknitnkitn---superhooker for a hoodie
veludo---superhooker for needlefelting stuff
Arzu---Dulcinea for wool to dye and for felting
Dulcinea---veludo for kool aid
sanditerese---theknitnkitn for handmade cards
Dulcinea---sanditerese for handmade soap and lipbalm

ship by 7/8/07
superhooker---veludo for a bunch of ephemera and surprises

ship by 7/12/07
soonfamo-artiste---superhooker for some original artwork
ship by 7/14/07
dia.bombay---Soonfamo-artiste for a turtle surprise  declared a flaker, angel found!  Thanks Malina!!!!
Zero Cool---sanditerese for a magic yarn ball
dizzylizzy---SoonFamo-Artiste for a purse and wallet set
dizzylizzy---theknitnkitn for a needle roll

ship by 7/16/07
frenchnewwave---SoonFamo-Artiste for some books
superhooker---Arzu for an environmental care package
superhooker---Dulcinea for a wisty surprise and maybe supplies too
Arzu---Zero Cool for a pair of fetchings and some rabbit stuff
Dulcinea---dia.bombay for some koolaid
tasi292---Arzu for a waterbottle cozy

ship by 7/19/07
Zero Cool---frenchnewwave for sewing books and English stuff
CraftyDeb---dizzylizzy for a box of sewing supplies

ship by 7/25/07
andrethecat---Dulcinea for handspun yarn and feltable yarn
ship by 7/28/07
annamhudson---superhooker for some fabric
annamhudson---goldfishgirl for crocheted star and tetris magnet
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007 10:27:25 AM by superhooker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007 08:05:26 PM »

I've been given permission by the organizer to post my wishlist!

wish list!

if i had one wish, it would be for this skirt - anyone think they can find a pattern and make one?  it doesn't need to be so long... mid-calf would be perfect
http://www.shukronline.com/wt3601.html

If anyone loves to sew, I love this skirt!  would love a soft drapey sort of fabric
http://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?itemID=12386&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C4477%2C9140%2C9143&iProductID=12386

I love this corset top - can even send the fabric for it!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=127920.msg1283107#msg1283107

i love this felted bag - but i've never tried the double knitting
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/knitlikeapirate.html

someone made me this bag - and it unfortunately met with a disaster... so i'd love a new one?
http://www.ecoist.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=11&idproduct=451

i love the idea of this comic book clutch... anyone want to give it a try?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=83488.50

Noro Kureyon yarn - any leftovers - parts of a ball, a full ball - there's a blanket on knitty.com I'd love to make, and it uses a lot of this - so if you have any leftovers, I'd love to be able to turn them into a blanket!

Undyed wool, like the Knitpix stuff, suitable for kool-aid and other dying.  (needs to be wool though, so the dye takes)

squares to make a quilt - 6" x 6", please.  I'll piece everything together (and post the results).

feltable wool - I have a couple of patterns that are felted, so could really use colors like fuschia, dark pink, burgundy, purple... flower type colors.

handspun yarn - any color, any weight, as long as it's enough to make something out of it << got some fabulous yarn from other swaps!  must have more!!

DIY kits:
  • needle felting
  • soap bombs
  • lip balm
  • body scrubs

crafting supplies:
  • joann's sells rolls of fabric strips - i'd love a couple of those, have a project in mind!
  • aluminum crochet hooks in the smaller sizes - D, E, F - i do up the handles with polymer clay for swaps, and my supply of the smaller sizes is gone
  • (long shot) - wooden crochet hooks.  I used to have some, before i had kids.  now i have kids, and no wooden crochet hooks.  coincidence?   Huh -- Please PM for sizes, I actually got a couple!

anything inspired by my wist  http://www.wists.com/Dulcinea

anything to decorate my BR - colors are off white, sea-foam green, ocean shades through to a toasty light brown  <got a great collage from igobylorib - got more walls!

Anything Philadelphia eagles football for my son, who loves them

... right... about me.  I'm the REALLY old lady in the crowd (even older since april), the one peering over the bifocals.  I have 2 teenagers, 1 of whom lives at home, and my day job is a computer programmer.  I have no allergies, no issues with animal products, would prefer to avoid religion/religious articles and politics at all costs.... my favorite colors are the jewel tones, think ruby, sapphire, emerald... i don't do terribly well with pastels.  We live in an apartment, where space is always at a premium... so small things that sit on tables and shelves and don't do anything except collect dust aren't a great thing here.

Thanks in advance to anyone who chooses me
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007 04:34:25 AM by Dulcinea » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
superhooker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007 07:48:48 AM »

well, I'll go ahead and put a list up too!  Thanks in advance to anybody who picks me!

I'm Heather!  I'm moving to Royal Oak, Michigan (Detroit area) this month, we're buying our first house!  It's twice as big as our apartment (and we thought our apartment was big...) so I can fill it with craftiness!
I've got a husband(superhot!), a 7 year old son, an awesome dog, two hamsters, and assorted fish and an aquatic frog. I love coffee and all sorts of nerdy things like robots and dragons.  I also love Harry Potter.  We collect all sorts of religious icons (doesn't matter what religion).  My favorite colors are black, blues, greens, red, orange, yellow, all sorts of greys.  I also love octopuses and peacocks.  My husband loves anything Asian-y, or sushi related, and he likes comic books (the weirdo kind, like sandman and transmetropolitan, and JTHM, not the superhero kind).

Here's the list!

Supplies:
handspun or hand dyed yarn-natural fibers are best
pretty roving (I want to learn to spin!)
needle felting supplies
a resin kit
a microscope slide kit
neat ephemera
interesting cotton fabrics with cool prints or nice bright colors
pieces of velvety fabrics...any bright colors...anything 6 inch x 6 inch or bigger
fusible interfacing
pretty beads
sock yarn!
non-koolaid dyes for yarns. I'd like to try out acid dyes.
quilt blocks or granny squares...I'm making a crazy quilt, and an afghan out of assorted colors/sizes of grannies, so if anyone would like to contribute, it would be awesome!  Just make sure the grannies are acrylic, because i'm making the rest of the blanket out of old bits of acrylic I have laying around. (bright colors, please, no pastels!)
Your old knitting needles!  wooden or metal, any size, single or double point! 

Made stuff:
Cool knitted or sewn bag (I like big ones!)
Hoodie (zip up!) with cool appliques or stencils
cute stuffies!
a swap journal w/lots of pages...I'd like it to have sections for organizing swaps too
knitted socks
your original artwork...we collect work from independant artists!
pretty cabled armwarmers in soft yarn
robot stuffy for my son
something cool for my new house!
Slytherin stuff!
Something day of the dead.  art/useful/funny/weird...whatever!
Cool windchimes for my new house!

OR anything from my wist!  it is HUGE!!!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007 01:00:06 AM by superhooker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

veludo
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007 09:13:47 AM »

am in portugal.

1- this is a long shot but... a how-to spin kit. i've been wanting to learn to spin for so long i think it's time to really try it.

2- something from/inspired in my wists (link on my signature)

3- pillow covers, i would like something like the following (you can pm for more specifics about colors and measurements): http://flickr.com/photos/lutterlagkage/181498248/in/pool-48981736@N00/ , http://flickr.com/photos/amandasan/128107775/in/pool-48981736@N00/,

4- a bath kit. my favourite scents are coconut, cinammon, strawberry, wildberries, chocolate, ...

5- roving for felting

6- ephemera

7- craft supplies, glass beads, felted wool beads, buttons, ribbons, trims, silver toned findings, felt, fabric scraps (big enough to make something out of them), wool roving, ... everything you have lying around and know you won't use

8- a swap journal

9- origami paper

10 - amigurumi, preferences are a cat, a bunny or a bear

11- anything japanese themed

12- knitting supplies

13- a surprise you think i might like

14- yarn, anything but eyelash or fun fur.

15- kool aid

16- craft books/magazines, if they're japanese it would be heaven...

17- a bag (there are some examples of bags i like on my wists)

something about me that might help people that eventually pick me:
- i'm 28 and i am  a graphic designer
- my favourite colors are pink, some shades of green, red, yellow, orange, black and i love grey
- my favourite color combos are pink and green, green and orange, red and yellow, black and dark orange and dark brown, yellow and plum (dark purple)
- i like vintage and retro things
- i like cats, food, knitting, yarn, beads, buttons, japan, cactus and succulents, stamps, stickers, snail mail, paper, pompoms and felt beads, ribbon, and more and more and more
- some of my favourite cartoons/caracthers/whatever are miffy, hello kitty, alice, smurfs, miss piggy,
- i do not like gaudy things, golden things, bright pink (i am getting tired of it).
- for some more info about my likes check my wists and my flickr favourites (links in signature)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theknitnkitn
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007 03:05:32 PM »

wooo!

i'm 21 (22 on june 25th!) and i live in new jersey. i'm a second year student at oberlin college, and i'm a vegan, radical activist, chef, and crafter. i love natural fibers (cotton, linen, hemp, bamboo, etc) and gemstones (iolite, kyanite, amethyst, emerald, sapphire, ruby, smoky quartz, topaz, etc). i'm not picky about blends and i also use wool and silk, so no worries there (although i'd prefer no pearls, shell, bone or horn). i have a cat, cinnamon (see my avatar!) who i adopted while living in san francisco. she's my baby!
onto the list...

crafted items
1. a needle roll

2. bags - i love bags. they have to be big enough to carry some stuff, though (i have a large wallet, and i have to carry a bunch of meds and stuff with me)

3. clothes - i'm a little on the bigger side (short, but round) so i'm very picky about what styles i wear. i love halter tops and tunics with bell sleeves. i wear a lot of black, brown and purple. i also like long skirts and mod prints. i don't wear pink or pastels!

4. earrings - i love big earrings! no allergies or metal preferences. i make my own jewelry but every now and then it's fun to see what someone else can make.

5. amigurimi/knit stuffies - cat or sea creature (not dolphin) preferred!

6. handmade/reconstructed notebooks - a swap book, perhaps?

7. handmade cards

8. a creative pill box

9. something inspired by my wist - i'll try to update it a bit!

10. stuff for my house next semester! wooo!

supplies

1. fabric for bags or clothing (mod/retro prints, nice textures, no spandex!) or clothes to be reconstructed

2. yummy yarn - no acrylics, please!

3. fun images to play with (i just started screen printing)

4. fibers for spinning or felting
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007 06:04:21 PM by theknitnkitn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sanditerese
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007 03:38:50 PM »

My name is Sandi and I live in Sacramento, California, with my husband and daughter.  My favorite crafts to do are knitting, crocheting and scrapbooking.  I would love to learn how to sew, but Im still waiting for a sewing machine.  There arent any colors I dont like and as far as patterns go, I like more simple things, no small flower patterns.  Thanks to anyone who chooses me.

Supplies:
1.  Rubber linoleum, or self adhesive rubber (or anything else I don't know about) for making homemade stamps
2.  12 inch paper cutter
3.  Anything from/inspired by www.impressrubberstamps.com
4.  Sock yarn
5  Colored ink pads.
6.  Patons SWS yarn in Natural Plum.
7.  Soft yarn that I can dye myself.
8.  I can always use scrapbook paper/stamps/punches.
9.  Circular knitting needles (Any size except 29" size 6 and 29" size 8 )

Crafted items:
1. Homemade soap, bath salts, lip balm, etc. Thanks Dulcinea!
2. Handspun yarn
3. Fun bag (There are some on my wists that I like. I like bags with flat bottoms.)
4. Wall organizer (there is one in my wists that I love.)
5. Magic Yarn Ball Thanks Zero Cool!
6. Spa kit (bath salts, scrubs, lotions, eye pillow, etc.)
7. Fabric headbands with elastic.
8. Passport/ticket holder

DIY/How to kits:
1.  Drop spindle kit
2.  Book binding kit
3.  Paper making kit
4.  Sock monkey kit (cute, girly, pink/purple, etc. would be great)

And anything from my wists! 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007 10:17:34 PM by sanditerese » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SandiTerese

www.wists.com/sanditerese
www.sanditerese.etsy.com
I have a blog now!  www.yarner.blogspot.com

I love personal swaps!
Arzu
Cookies and Lasers! Brilliant!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007 04:40:17 PM »

Hello everyone!  My wishlist will be a little different since it's a wishlist for my sister.  You see, she moved out to the middle of nowhere in British Columbia this summer for a job, and she's kindof having a tough time.  It's really isolated, and they only make trips into town once a week to check the mail and get groceries.  My mom and I have sent her a couple care packages, and whenever she gets mail it cheers her up immensely.  Besides telephone, mail is her only way of contact with the rest of the world.  So this wishlist is for her.  She doesn't know I'm doing this for her, so it'll be a wonderful surprise!  If you end up sending her something, take the time to send her a little note too, because you'll totally make her day  ^_^

About my cute lil' sis:  She's 20, currently doing a degree in Sociology/whatever else sparks her interest.  She's a big fan of all things organic/fair trade and otherwise helpful to the environment and other people.  She loves making crazy fashion statements with the clothing she wears (she made herself a tie skirt out of old ties that used to belong to our great uncles, and gets compliments about it wherever she goes).  She loves things 'retro' and in crazy colour combinations.  Bright green is one of her favourite colours.  She likes anime and Japanese-esque things (in fact, she just loves Asia in general) and she also really likes argyle (she can be really weird and random, but in a totally awesome way).

List:
-Homemade knitting needles (circulars, or straight ones with cute tops)
-Fun stitch markers
-An exciting long skirt
-Yarn that is handspun, fairtrade, organic, or recycled
-Bracelet made from some interesting recycled material
-Water bottle cozy with strap for carrying on hikes Thanks tasi!
-Knitted socks
-Stenciled hoodie
-Anything you think she might like?  Just send me a message, and I'll let you know if it's an idea that would go over well!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007 07:14:40 AM by Arzu » THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007 01:31:41 PM »

About me: Im a sophomore in college, working towards a Biology degree and a Theatre minor. Currently Im working as a nature director at a Boy Scout camp. My main crafts are knitting, sewing and spinning (I just got my first wheel). In addition to crafting, I like reading, making movies, and dressing up (for Ren Fests and book openings alike).

Wishlist:
Supplies:
+ Hanky weight linen (2-3 yards)
+ Fiber - Batts, roving, locks, yarn or raw fleece (Any sort.)
+ Silk hankies
+ Lace- or Sock-weight yarn (any color)
+ Fun stuff to add to yarn (Metallic thread, charms, dye, sparkly bits, whathaveyou)
+ Trims ( 3+ yards)

Crafted items:
+ Some bloomers (in natural fibers-cotton or linen preferably)
+ A blue printed wraparound dress like here ( http://www.photoblog.be/photoblog.php?nickname=hp_cosplay&action=view&id=27238&category=3372 )
+Stenciled Shirts (Large usually) (Look on my Wists for ideas)
+A Blackworked Pair of cuffs (or a partlet or a ruff)

Other stuff I like:
+ Anything from my wists (they are extensive and I like basically everything on there)
+ Harry Potter (Gryffindor. I like to think of myself as an Honorary Weasley), My Little Ponies, Horror Movies, Renaissance Faires, MST3K, and other various geeky stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Molly Sims Reveals Her Best Beauty Secrets
5 Surprising Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Dangerous Chemicals Hidden in Your Makeup
Celebrity Makeup Tips: Plastic Surgery Without a Knife
Does That Beauty Product Really Do What It Says?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...