A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
754 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1 Hour Baby Booties!  (Read 37421 times)
Tags for this thread: booties  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leokandres
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2005 12:41:06 PM »

Hmmm....I tried these last night with two skeins of the same yarn, different colors.  The blue pair came out perfectly; the green pair came out so much bigger than the blue ones.  I'm not sure why, since I did them one after the other, but I guess the baby will just grow into the green ones!  I'm on vacation, and my cables for my digi cam are at work, but I'll post pics soon.

I have to say that as a very inexperienced knitter, this was a great project for learning new stiches without the risk of ruining hours of work.  I was so afraid to try anything with slip stiches, but now that I know how easy it is, my list of projects has quadrupled!

Edit:  I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me convert this to an adult-sized pattern.  My friend bought some knit socks/shoes from Wal-Mart, but since I refuse to step foot in that place, and because we knit, I'd like to make some myself.  I wear a women's 10-11....any help?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005 12:45:41 PM by leokandres » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2005 11:02:28 AM »

Yoohoo! Yesterday I finally got the pattern for the 1 hour booties, after drooling over it for months and months.. So I started knitting a pair right away, with a bit of yarn from stash and 7 mm needles (my baby girl is 11 months, so I kind of hoped it might fit this way..)
And here they are :

They do kind of fit, but just. I didn't do a strap yet, I'm still thinking about what I want to do, but they already look awesome without... plus I only have about 1 meter of yarn left ..! Like this leftover yarn was intended exactly for that pattern !!!

...Anyway, the pattern is really clever, and so quick too ! I just couldn't believe I had already finished them !
I'll definitively knit more of those..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2005 01:03:26 PM »

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. . .so cute!

I love those red baby booties.  And yes, I think they look quite nice without the strap as well.  A job well done.

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2005 04:13:31 PM »

She is adorable and I say it is never too early to instill a love of fashionable footwear!  And I can tell from the picture that she loves them and her talented mommy too!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crumpet
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2005 08:11:01 PM »

I love this pattern!  Here are some booties I knit for my new baby nephew, Rohan.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2005 01:14:23 PM »

Here are the ones I made w/o the buttons yet.  I also made a matching Umbilical Cord hat...w/o the umbilical cord.

I used Wendy Peter Pan yarn in Blossom (DK weight, doubled) for both.  The booties are addictive...I could make millions of them.  So quick and easy (now that I figured out the crochet part).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't beat 'em, knit for 'em.
knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2005 01:15:56 PM »

Lemme try that pic again...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't beat 'em, knit for 'em.
BeginnerKnitter
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2005 07:22:29 PM »

I love the 1 hour booties! I voted against the button because buttons and babies just don't go together in my mind. Here they are 

Now, I have to ask, are babies feet really this small? I can't remember... I can make them bigger if anyone thinks these are more for a doll. I am giving them to a woman I work with who is due any day now, but I won't be giving them to her until she comes back in to show the little one off. These literally take an hour (or less) so making another pair might actually be fun.

Here's a pic. with a pen to scale. Do these look to small?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gretchen77
Jill of all Trades

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2005 12:45:50 PM »

Yes babies feet really are that small :-)  I made the small ones for my little boy and they are just now fitting at 3 mos.  ...of course, he is a little guy so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2005 09:15:52 AM »

Last night I was just about to start in on a baby blanket for my future niece/nephew, I'd even cast-on! Then my boyfriend mentioned his co-worker had given birth over the weekend. I HAD to give the one-hour booties a try!

The yarn is Wool Ease Thick and Quick, kool-aid dyed by me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dye Fabrics at Home
How to Make a Wedding Pomander
How to Make Edible Halloween Decor
How to Make Hand Crafted Glitter Pumpkins
Back to School Binder Make Over!
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...