A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 306,351
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1 Hour Baby Booties!  (Read 43814 times)
Tags for this thread: booties  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

angelwing75
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2005 08:47:04 AM »

I think everyone should have a sassy pair of red shoes--even babies, so here are the ones I made for a friend of mine who's having a baby soon:

Those are too cute!  I just got some red yarn myself.  I'm going to put strawberry buttons on them.  Smiley  I used Bernat Softee Chunky for the cream-colored ones that I made.  It works pretty well for these and it feels so soft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buffy831
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2005 08:07:21 PM »

I finished mine (for a cousin) in a little over an hour. I <i>was</i> watching the dog show, while trying to remember why I hate crocheting. Yep, I remembered that once I started on the strap. Not too sure if I like it all that much, but if I don't I can alway change it, right?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem."
 -- Savage Garden, Affirmation
daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2005 08:57:22 PM »

I finished mine (for a cousin) in a little over an hour. I <i>was</i> watching the dog show, while trying to remember why I hate crocheting. Yep, I remembered that once I started on the strap. Not too sure if I like it all that much, but if I don't I can alway change it, right?

You're not too sure if you like it all that much?  What are you talking about?  I think those booties are darling. Great job. And I LOVE the blue yarn you used.  What did you use?

IMHO, I wouldn't change a thing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
angelwing75
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2005 11:14:33 PM »

I second daria's opinion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amobabe

I'm a llama's mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2005 08:15:55 AM »

Here is a pair of  one-hour booties sans buttons. For some reason, even w/ the zany fun fur, these are a bit more traditional than I'd expected (or wanted).

Anyway, here's what I did:

I followed the pattern in SNBN using  fun fur and purple tencel together. For the top of the bootie I  used only tencel(when it's time to turn in the pattern, I simply dropped the fun fur).

With the tencel only, I crocheted a single, 5-inch chain then double crocheted around the edge of the bootie (the instep, heel, around to the front) then did another 5 inch chain and tied the two chains into a bow.

edited for clarity
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010 08:27:07 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelwing75
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2005 10:10:08 AM »

Those are so cute!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010 08:27:33 AM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Violet
constantly craftsterbating

and a half

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2005 10:23:33 AM »

amobabe, what a great idea! i think the buttons are darling, but i'd feel much more safe with the ties. now i've GOT to make some!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: http://violetsknits.blogspot.com
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '........................................................')
boycott sew fast, sew easy! visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
buffy831
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2005 03:46:52 PM »

Oops! Sorry. I meant to say I wasn't too sure about the crocheted strap. I love the booties! They're extremely easy and quite fun. I used Lamb's Pride Bulky in Blue Flannel, which I made a special trip to one of my LYS's, as all I had in my stash was Periwinkle and I wanted to make a "manly" set for my cousin's baby boy.

Now that I see a pair with ties on them, I'm thinking I might do that instead -- take the crocheted straps off and add ties. Or maybe I'll just do that on the next pair I make, 'cause I definitely will make more of these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem."
 -- Savage Garden, Affirmation
twisted-sista
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2005 03:18:26 PM »

hi, i am new around here...just took up knitting before the holidays....i am usually a seamstress...but knitting has become my new addiction...here is my contribution to the 1 hr booties gallery:

and some other booties i made from the knit knack box:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jah bless,
cory

http://twisted-sista.typepad.com
http://www.twisted-sista.com
"every time i see her, she's got new fancy clothes."
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2005 03:20:44 PM »

what's "the knit knack box"?   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Straighten Hair
How to Use a Curling Iron
How to Use a Hair Dryer
How to Tease Hair
What Is the Secret to French Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Cake Stands
February 3, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 3-D Heart Card

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...