A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1 Hour Baby Booties!  (Read 36990 times)
Tags for this thread: booties  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2006 05:05:08 PM »

are you a very experienced knitter?  i've been knitting for a little over 2 months.  I understand purl/knit, selvage (sp?) but that's about it.  I have both SNB books.  Do you think I could comprehend how to make these?  My cousin just had a baby and I am dying to make her something handmade...instead of all the cruddy store bought pink stuff... I want to make these booties using fuzzy soft yarn. 

Anyway...just askin'! I love the yellow!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
Crow Jane
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2006 03:50:01 AM »

Theses are the same booties...its amazing what a difference using a flash can make. The true colour is somewhere in the middle.

btw, this is my first post and I just want to say hi to you all. I am a craft and knitting n00b and this forum fills me with awe and inspiration.

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jazzylovetosew
obsessive knitter/crocheter

mylo: my baby

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2006 06:40:46 PM »

hey there everyone! love all the booties you've knitted, so beautiful  Grin

I've just finished knitting mine (yay!) they knit up so damn fast! However, I'm not entirely sure how I go about stitching these up! (I've not stitched up knitting before!)

The pattern says to mattress stitch, but the instructions for mattress stitch are for a stockinette stitch and these are in garter st.

Please help a fellow craftster!!  Huh

Cheers  Cheesy

ps. I heart craftster!!!This site rocks my world!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jazzylovetosew
obsessive knitter/crocheter

mylo: my baby

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2006 09:27:14 PM »

okay, doh, I've figured it out, forget my dumb question!!  Roll Eyes

anyways here they are. I didn't do the strap though, I just knitted a couple of extra rows instead and will weave some ribbon through the top to tighten.  They're a lil big though, won't fit him yet!

http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/apriljay79/detail?.dir=/35e3&.dnm=53a2.jpg&.src=ph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kookoosp

20 yrs of schoolin & they put ya on the day shift

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2006 08:03:26 PM »

Hey,
Joined last night, although have been browsing this board for months. I love all the beautiful creations you peeps share with us, I feel oh-so inspired! Smiley
Anyway, made these for my nephew-to-be some weeks ago, but just didn't get round to posting some pics yet. Enjoy! Smiley

How did you do the strap like that???  It looks awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2006 03:33:14 PM »

Hey,
Joined last night, although have been browsing this board for months. I love all the beautiful creations you peeps share with us, I feel oh-so inspired! Smiley
Anyway, made these for my nephew-to-be some weeks ago, but just didn't get round to posting some pics yet. Enjoy! Smiley

How did you do the strap like that???  It looks awesome.

It looks crocheted, of course, that's probably a given.  Maybe SC across... 2- 3 rows?  I made 1 booty, i'm not going to make another one b/c I want to get better at my slip/increase first.  But it's freakin' adorable.  I crocheted across for the strap, but 6 was too many, 4 was about right, but it's flimsy...so I think next time I'll do 2-3 rows single crochet for the strap.  then I think I'll add 'socks' to make them look like mary jane slippers.  They're so cute. I love this pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
mander78
« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2006 07:04:52 PM »

ADORABLE!  I've decided to definitely give knitting these cute booties a try soon!   Grin

TFS!

Have I mentioned that my precious niece, Rory Rose, is expected to arrive on Thanksgiving Day?!?!  I felt it was important, if not imperative, to culitvate a passion for footwear early; so I whipped these adorable 1 Hour Baby Booties from SnB Nation.  And they actually took 1 hour!

I used Lemon Drop Yellow so that I could put beautiful daisies on her ten too cute toes!!!   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #177 on: July 18, 2008 08:00:58 PM »

I just tried to make these and I too ran into a problem on about row 11 and 12..the turn and the left over stitches..I am going to try again tomorrow and see how I do..reading this has helped me out tons..thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Painting Lesson - Spotlight Effect
Painting Lessons - Landscape Commission 1
Learn About "Gold Marilyn Monroe" by Andy Warhol
Learn About “The Dream” by Pablo Picasso
Learn About “Lullaby Spring” by Damien Hirst
Latest Blog Articles
October 2, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Washi Tape
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...