A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Glastonbury meets IKEA  (Read 12179 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

irishride23
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2007 06:43:48 PM »

that  is realllyyy cute.....especially with the boots and everything. oh and i am really jealous that you got to see lily allen!!! come on! that is not fair, wearing a really cute dress you made yourself, and listening to lily allen live. ughh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

to be saved costs us nothing, to be a disciple costs us everything.
curiouskitty
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2007 09:18:49 PM »

Awesome! Especially with the pink boots...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seampoints
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2007 04:57:30 PM »

Wowee, what an amazing festival dress, the green and pink work so well together!

I saw some white curtains with flys embroidered on them in IKEA which I really wanted to make into a dress, but they were a bit too pricey.

Some of the stalls had some really nice dresses, did anyone see the MAXI C LONDON dresses? lovely styles, brilliant for inspiration. Stall holders were practically giving away stock at the end of the festival and there were piles of new clothes just chucked because they had a bit of mud of them.

Jacky, I felt like it was all a bit of a joke. Stop climate chaos? We were there ten days and it was only at the end of the festival (Wednesday) we realised the full extent of the waste. It was like apocalypse, we picked our way through thousands and thousands of pounds worth of new tents, brand new camping equipment and clothes just bought for this one event and abandoned. I have never seen anything like that in my life.

Did anyone visit the Green crafts field? There was loads of really interesting things to see and do. We were the blacksmiths with the huge truck carousing on the corner. (before you go into the field where Banksy's stonehenge was) Unfortunately we didn't do much making because of the lousy weather.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
squirrellypoo

Sew sew sew scandalous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2007 04:23:43 AM »

Some of the stalls had some really nice dresses, did anyone see the MAXI C LONDON dresses? lovely styles, brilliant for inspiration.
OMG I cannot believe you picked out this stall from the thousands that were there - this is where I bought the only other dress at the festival! They had these dresses with olive green sleeves and 8 gored skirts made of this lush Art Nouveau fabric that I knew I'd never be able to find ever again. So I bought it (for 25) and it fits like a glove. I love it so much I"m already thinking of using it as a pattern to make more.

Jacky, I felt like it was all a bit of a joke. Stop climate chaos? We were there ten days and it was only at the end of the festival (Wednesday) we realised the full extent of the waste. It was like apocalypse, we picked our way through thousands and thousands of pounds worth of new tents, brand new camping equipment and clothes just bought for this one event and abandoned. I have never seen anything like that in my life.
Yeah, the stop climate change was a huge mass of hypocrisy with the parking chaos that could've been easily avoided. Yeah, let's all sign a piece of paper and then have 50,000 cars idling in a field for 8 hours with people pissing in the fields because there weren't any toilets provided (or food, or water). I'm so bitter, we got up at 5am on Monday to avoid these problems, and it took us ten minutes' shy of TWELVE HOURS to get out of the car park. It was entirely Glastonbury Festival's fault, too - they had three days to organise tacks, exit signs, stewards, towing tractors (there was one for several thousand cars), and provisions, and they just abandoned us out there.

This was my 6th Glastonbury, but I'd have to seriously think long and hard about going back again after the carpark situation this year.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007 04:24:24 AM by squirrellypoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fehr Trade - custom clothing
jazzturtle
Every breath is Healing...

Life is better with jazz!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2007 06:01:21 AM »

but what's glastonbury? 

There's a great new DVD out called "Glastonbury" which tells the story of the festival, has great footage of the musicians and attendees throughout the history of the festival.  It  even has some hilarious footage of the townspeople's views on the festival.  It's really a great DVD.. and the closest most of us Americans are going to get to actually going.

Size wise it's bigger than Bonnaroo (In Tennessee) which draws about 80,000-95,000 people a year.. and the 'roo has only been going on for 7 years.  I guess it would be like if the 'roo was crossed with the first Woodstock...   I wish we would have gotten some the rain at the 'roo.. but rain in June in Tennessee is hard to come by..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop-  Lots of Handspun yarn and Fun Fiber Batts!
http://Jazzturtle.etsy.com

Ravelry Group:
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/jazzturtle-creates

Flickr photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzturtle/

My thoughts and processes..
http://jazzturtlecreations.blogspot.com
seampoints
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2007 10:12:00 AM »

OMG I cannot believe you picked out this stall from the thousands that were there

Well, lets be frank Cheesy I think it was the only stall not selling either questionable hippy clothing or novelty stuff you see every single year at festivals. But, those dresses were very very hot, you should of tried haggling. I paid 28 for one of those 25 dresses as well as those nice 15 skirts. I couldn't decide which I liked more!

When I got home I went out to see The Slackers and I wore the dress, I got loads of compliments on it from people I've never seen before in my life and was even told with authority I was the best dressed and prettiest girl in the venue. Shocked hehehe  I felt smug.

it took us ten minutes' shy of TWELVE HOURS to get out of the car park. It was entirely Glastonbury Festival's fault, too - they had three days to organise tacks, exit signs, stewards, towing tractors

Awww what a nightmare. I heard about people having to wait hours to get out. We escaped all that by arriving so early and leaving so late. We had a huge army truck so getting out of the mud wasn't an issue at all, the wheel comes up to my waist!

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007 10:12:48 AM by seampoints » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lubeoil
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2007 02:34:30 PM »

neat dress! btw, i have that shower curtain...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jacky
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2007 03:11:41 PM »

It's shameful, isn't it? I saw so many people just kicking off their wellies and leaving them when getting into their cars. I know most festivals have recycling teams to gather up tents, camping equipment etc. I can't believe how many people treat these items as disposable! How much use will a charity find for a flimsy tent that cost a tenner in Tesco?

We have a similar problem with clothing donations in the shops, because fast fashion from Primark, George, New Look (and so on) is really poor quality.

Oh well, I'm off to Latitude this weekend, wonder if Mean Fiddler will have better organisation for mini-Glasto?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My music blog: takeittothechorus.tumblr.com
missjesswinkwink
'Ginger did everything Fred did; only she did it backwards and in high heels'

Howdy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2007 08:37:07 PM »

Awesome colors! And the last picture is a gem and a half.  Love the wellies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.rockinbclothing.com
------------------
www.rockinbdesign.blogspot.com
------------------
Night Train Swing Dance Club!
www.swingpurdue.org
------------------
Punk Roctopus

Dork In Progress...

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007 06:01:27 PM »

i'm in love with your creation.  great job! cheers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Cat Halloween Makeup
How to Get Caribbean Pirate Halloween Makeup
How to Get Butterfly Halloween Makeup
How to Get Clown Halloween Makeup
How to Get Gothic Halloween Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...