A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
711 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I have lost my (knitting) mojo...  (Read 1389 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DAME EMMA

Feel the fear and do it anyway

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2007 09:57:00 AM »

I am in the slough of despond, knitting wise.

I have three projects on the go, and they are all bugging me/no fun to knit. Consequently, my knitting is languishing, and I can barely bring myself to pick up the needles.

I need a quick project, suitable for summer, that will bring my mojo back. I have a biggish stash, so feel free to suggest anything.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aleirey
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007 10:20:24 AM »

How about socks?  You could also try a shopping tote (http://disdressed.blogspot.com/2006/08/string-bag.html) or a camisole! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful."
John Constable
pixiepurls
Knitting, Spinning & Podcasting

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007 10:22:53 AM »

Sometimes I find a few weeks of no knitting a good for a break, when I come back I come with with a fury and enjoy it much more. Im my 3 or 4 years of knitting I have taken a week off, a month off and up to 4 months off. It saves me money anyway because I don't buy stash when I'm not knitting haha and it's good for my hands to get a break even if I don't feel it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blog:          http://www.pixiepurls.com
Knitting Podcast:     http://podcast.pixiepurls.com
cranberry
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007 10:37:29 AM »

I'd just not knit if I were you. Take some time to go through your stash, or probably just try crochet or some other needle work.

When I lost my knitting mojo, that's what I did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007 02:56:57 PM »

I know that feeling. I'm going through that myself at the moment. I'm on maternity leave and I find myself not wanting to knit unless I was excited and I don't have anything exciting to knit. I'm looking at Lelah cause I could hide my belly with it but I need a kick to to get back into it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thecoffindontwantme
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007 03:00:51 PM »

I haven't lost mine yet, but I bet I will by the end of summer.
For Christmas I have to knit 31 scarves, 2 hats, a pair of mittens, and a dog sweater. Thankfully all of these things go relatively fast for me, but  I'm sure I'll get tired of it.

I will probably take a break from knitting and learn a new craft I've been wanting to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreshBread

And just what are you knitting, dear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007 04:22:38 PM »

I think I am in the same boat. 

I am just not satisfied with any of the projects I have currently on needles. 

I did start a quilt, however.  Perhaps I'll lose my sewing mojo and regain the knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007 04:39:21 PM »

Sometimes you just need to mix things up a bit.  I do a lot of cross stitch, but right now I'm taking a break from the cross stitch by knitting.  (It's hot and humid and I'm knitting.  I must be out of my mind. Roll Eyes )

I know how it feels to have a bunch of WIPs / UFOs lying around.  It does help to do a small project that doesn't take long - a dishcloth or cat toy or something.  Sometimes, finishing something - however small - gives you the energy to plow back into the large projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

red_phooka
Geek

I <3 Zombies!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007 05:47:25 PM »

I sooooo hear ya!
I've got a pullover I'm working on for Father's day. Very sick of it.
Anyways, I usually do something quick and easy and half-assed - like a goofy bikini top in like, pink mohair or something. I don't worry about the mistakes, and go as sloooooow as I like!
Or, you know. . . a break. I like breaks, too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madgirl66
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007 07:53:29 PM »

I've been working on a package of simple items to send home for 2 months now (a pair of socks each for sister and Mom and 2 hats for Dad), because I got sidetracked by a sweater that just didn't look right by the time I was halfway through with it.  Then I got despondent when I ripped out the sweater, and my knitting mojo took a serious dive. Now I'm experiencing serious second sock syndrome (times two!!) and I have'nt started on the hats for Dad. I cast on for the cropped raglan hoodie (I found the pattern here) yesterday, and the good news is that I'm nearly done with the back, but the very act of knitting is making me sleepy.

My knitting goals keep changing because of this lethargy. Now, I'm aiming to finish the two hats for Dad in time to mail them out for Father's Day (based on the Stitch n' Bitch newsboy hat, each will only take a day to knit) and the socks will make it whenever they make it. Blah.
 I'm starting to understand why the old Tweety Bird and Sylvester cartoons always showed Granny in a rocking chair while she knit-I was knitting on the hoodie today at work, sitting in a rolling office chair, and I had to roll myself back and forth to stay awake. Thank goodness I'm working on the stockinette portion.
But I swear, that hoodie is the only light I have right now. I feel like I'd rather sleep than knit. Ugh.

~Shanda
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007 08:42:53 AM by madgirl66 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Could you tell me...why you got a dead man with an arm missing in your boot?
   Hey, George...is that a tea cosy on his head?
~Snatch

Simon: How do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: ...If I kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
~Firefly
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Nursery Series: Easy Tissue Paper Wall Art
How to Make a Dream Catcher Necklace
How to Make a Paper Mache Craft Bowl
How to Make an Awesome Key Holder
How to Make Bird Feeders
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...