A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Leaf Camisole Knit.1 Summer '07  (Read 7792 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Scarlet
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007 05:05:26 AM »

Hi rescuewife!  Don't panic!  I had to start the project twice and i am a confident knitter!!  I was losing stitches all over the place in my first go.  I hope i can answer your questions....
When it says to k1 p1 into the double yarn overs, does that mean I knit and purl the same stitch before I slip it off the left needle?
When you have wrapped the yarn twice around the needle in "yo twice" or however it is shown (i don't have the pattern in front of me).  You get two loops on the needle, in effect, two new stitches!  Therefore, you knit (k1) into the first "loop" and purl (p1) into the second loop on your left needle.  However, depending on how tightly you knit, it may seem that the yarn overs have disappeared when you come around to a actually knitting into them.  It may mean you need to do the yarn over more loosely when you initially create them.

Thanks for the offer to post the yarn to me!!  That is so kind.  however, panic over, the yarn has just become available on the website i use (http://www.banyantreeyarns.com/). So if i like the top when it is finished, i will order the yarn and knit it again in cotton-ease!

I hope this has been of help, please don't hestiate if you need me to explain anything else!

Wink
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007 04:44:16 AM by Scarlet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rescuewife
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007 08:14:04 AM »

Thanks! Yes, I think I must be doing the yarn overs too tightly, as it was hard to see that there were 2 new stitches.

I recast last night and worked through row 4... we'll see how it goes now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007 04:20:05 PM »

does anyone have a picture of it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.c om

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
rescuewife
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007 06:22:52 PM »

It's in the newest Knit.1 magazine. I can scan it for you but I've never posted a photo on craftster so I can't guarantee I'll do it right!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apixiegrl
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007 09:57:50 PM »

I have a picture on my blog of the picture in the magazine with the yarn I plan to use.. scroll down a bit... it's the last picture on that post.
http://magicpixieknitter.blogspot.com/2007/05/things-that-were-are-now-and-will-be.html
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007 08:03:55 AM by apixiegrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007 09:59:43 PM »

Great progress! Lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
rescuewife
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007 08:52:39 AM »

I have a picture on my blog of the picture in the magazine with the yarn I plan to use.. scroll down a bit... it's the last picture on that post.
http://magicpixieknitter.blogspot.com/2007/05/things-that-were-are-now-and-will-be.html

I LOVE that diamond shawl! Is it a pattern or your own design?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apixiegrl
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007 08:52:06 PM »

The shawl pattern is from the book Victorian lace today. It's the second pattern in the book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rescuewife
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007 08:51:49 AM »

The shawl pattern is from the book Victorian lace today. It's the second pattern in the book.
I keep reading great reviews of the book. I see why!

My leaf camisole is coming along slowly but surely. I have to wait until all 3 kids are in bed so I don't get distracted and lose my place~ I've never done anything but stockinette, garter, or seed stitch. I tried to knit with Conan O'Brien and even got lost listening to him!

I'm on row 10 of the front so nothing worth showing yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scarlet
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007 10:00:44 AM »

Here is my progress so far...

I'm knitting it is slightly thinner yarn than the recommended, so it has less structure, but i quite like the more flowing qualities of this cotton yarn.  I'm also making the body about 5 cm longer than the pattern suggests, as most of my skirts sit low on my hips and i don't want to show too much tummy/white Northern Irish flesh!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007 10:01:24 AM by Scarlet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Day-to-Night Makeover
Meet Skincare Expert Cornelia Zicu
How to Apply Colorful Makeup
Butter London and Goop Give Us Some of the Best Nude Nail Polishes
How to Enhance Your Natural Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...