A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,472
Currently Running With Scissors:
681 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Leaf Camisole Knit.1 Summer '07  (Read 8476 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rescuewife
« on: June 02, 2007 08:43:54 PM »

Anyone else like this pattern? I thought it looked very summery and quick to knit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scarlet
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007 05:48:16 AM »

Hi Rescuewife.  I am up for this!!  Grin In fact, i started this yesterday before i found this knitalong.

However, i am an experienced knitter and Irish (and not used to reading American patterns) and i have reached an impass with the pattern ... Do you know that "Work even for 3 rows means?"  It asks you to do this after the first set of decrease rows in the "make the front" section (second paragraph).  I have never come this phrase "work even" before and i am stumped.  When you get this far and if you know what it means, please can you let me know.  I thought that you are maybe supposed to knit the "lace rib pattern" but as it is worked in mulitples of 21 stitches, this does fit in either!

Any help would be great!!  I have emailed knit1 for help, but i don't know how long to takes from them to reply.

Apart from the confusion, it has been great fun and very adictive!!!  Grin

P.S i am knitting the large size, i  also don't know how large is "large" but i think the roomier the better on hot days! tee hee hee ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scarlet
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007 06:10:31 AM »

Panic over, i have read through the magazine and it says that "work even" means to continue knitting without any increases or decreases!!  Phew ... at least i can crack on with it.  Still not sure about how to do this and if i can figure out where all the "yarn over's" go, but will see how i go!  Will post some pictures soon!

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rescuewife
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007 01:36:50 PM »

Hi Scarlet,

I bought my yarn last night and cast on my stitches...then the baby woke up!

I am not a very experienced knitter, and have never done lace before, so you will be way ahead of me.

I'm looking forwad to seeing pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scarlet
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007 05:17:01 AM »

I will try and get pictures soon.  I am not using the yarn that they recommend, as Cotton Ease is not very available in the UK.  I use an online supplier to buy it and she will be selling the yarn for the pattern in near future.  So until it is available, i am knitting it a more textural cotton so the lace is not as obvious as it would be with the correct yarn.  Also i am knitting it in red, so nothing like a lettuce leaf at all!

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rescuewife
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007 11:39:16 AM »

I did go ahead and buy the cotton ease, even though I wasn't sure I'd like having 50% acrylic. We live in Florida, so I prefer natural fibers because summers are so hot!

I don't believe it was very expensive; if you like the pattern and want to knit it again in the cotton-ease I'd be happy to send it to you.

My good friend lives in England, but she is a non-knitter so I haven't asked her about yarn options there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apixiegrl
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007 12:00:46 PM »

I was thinking of knitting this also.. I have 3 projects on the needles atm.. as soon as I finish one or 2 I'm in..I have some cotton yarn in my stash . I have to do a gauge swatch to see if it will work.. If not I'm going to use the cotton-ease. I also live in florida.. but I think the cotton ease will be ok.. maybe it will absorb perspiration hehehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rescuewife
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007 12:03:38 PM »

I was thinking the acrylic might help it keep its shape better. It's soft and I like knitting with it so far.

Where in FL are you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apixiegrl
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007 04:54:49 PM »

I live near orlando.. from experience .. I knit the tank top in last minute knitted gifts out of a cotton tape and as I wore it .. it started stretching..and.. cough.. it got scary..so maybe the acrylic will hold it's shape.. (^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rescuewife
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007 09:33:17 PM »

I got through row 7 and realized I only have 86 sts on the needles! (I'm making the small.) I have NO idea what I did wrong. This is my first lace project and my first top. (I did most of a sweater in Colinette Point 5 but put it down when it got too hot to think about it).

So I'm going to pull it out and start again. My first hint of trouble was the directions for odd rows, "K the knits and p the purls." Being a fairly new knitter, I didn't know which was which when I looked at it! I think I can tell the difference now.

When it says to k1 p1 into the double yarn overs, does that mean I knit and purl the same stitch before I slip it off the left needle?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Adding Pages to the Document
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Placing and Directing Overflow Text
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Setting Options for Placing Imported Text
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Setting up Microsoft Word Import Options
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Selecting, Adjusting and Filling Text Frames
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...