A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,501
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Leaf Camisole Knit.1 Summer '07  (Read 8488 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

apixiegrl
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007 12:01:08 PM »

wow that looks great so far.. I want to start mine now.. I'm still finishing up a project..I like it in red.. (^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rescuewife
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007 01:23:10 PM »

It looks lovely! I might knit mine longer, too... no one wants to see a belly that's been used by three babies! I like that the model in the magazine is wearing it over a blouse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scarlet
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007 01:10:03 AM »

I will definitely wear a top under this cami when i finish it.  The thinner yarn i have been using means that it is quite lacey (much more so than it implies in the photo in the magazine)!!  Eek!  And i think i will need something underneath to protect my modesty!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rescuewife
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007 06:48:28 AM »

Yes, they always use super skinny models with no obvious flaws, don't they?! Does it get very warm in Ireand? Around here I would love to be able to wear just a lacy cami!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apixiegrl
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007 09:23:33 AM »

the bodice seems a little small to me..I might have to make the medium size top and smaller size bottom.. I hope that will work out. Using the thicker yarn and condensing it down with smaller needles probably helps the top stay a less revealing. I have yet to do my gauge swatch.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scarlet
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007 05:59:30 AM »

Hi  rescuewife!!

I now live in the South of England and we get quite tempermental summers.  Sometimes is can be as hot as 82F - 86F, but usually between 68 - 77F, so i will wear a cardigan over it, as i live on the coast and it can be quite breezy.  But then we can have a cold rainy Summers sometimes, but that doesn't happen so much in the South of England, it is more likely in Northern Ireland as it is a lot further north!  Cheesy  I though Florida would be hot, hot hot in the Summer?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rescuewife
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007 09:53:46 PM »

Well that's pretty warm if it's humid! It's hot here already, in the 90s. But I live on the coast so there's a nice breeze and just a few minutes' drive to the beach.

I am at an impasse on my cami. I finished the leaf pattern on the front and started the ribbing... I'm on row 15, having worked the first set of insructions twice, then the second set 3 times, yet I have nearly a third of the fabric left and no idea what to do!

What did I miss?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scarlet
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007 05:22:23 AM »

I don't have the pattern with me at the moment, but i will check it when i get home... I just remember that when i was in that section, it was confusing.  I am not sure if this is the problem you are having, but when it tells you to knit straight, do the same repeating pattern across the rows, just don't do any decreases, just knit or purl them like normal stitches.  So you will be doing a decrease row followed by the same pattern again in the next rows, just do not do the decreases...

Anyway, if you can maybe elaborate on "I have nearly a third of the fabric left and no idea what to do" that would be really helpful, as i am totally stumped too   Huh Sorry... But then it may be clearer if i had the pattern with me at the moment!!  D'Oh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rescuewife
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007 08:08:19 PM »

Hi again,

I set it aside for a few days to look at the pattern with fresh eyes and I may have figured out the problem!

The first row of the "Beg rib pattern" says to do the stitches in brackets 3 times. I think I may have only done the stitches on the second line of print 3 times! That's what I get for knitting after midnight.

Any suggestions on the best way to un-knit 67 sts without screwing up my leaf pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wabbit
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007 09:07:00 AM »

Has anybody reached the front decreases (a.k.a the breast part)? I just can't get the math right! If I knit the given number of rows I only get half of the decreases I need, because what they call the RS decrease row actually decreases nothing, except for the first time when you're asked to bind of 2 x 15 sts... So if I "cont to dec in this manner", I only decrease on the WS rows and have too many sts left. Bah.

I guess you didn't understand anything unless you happen to have the same problem Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Even if I were thinking, which I am not, that would not show that I exist."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Must Have Wide Calf Boots for Spring 2014
Get a H&M Wedding Dress for $100
Hot Off the Red Carpet Prom Picks
Lawrence Zarian on Shapewear Dangers
How to Style a Casual School Outfit
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...