A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,749
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zombie Gnomes  (Read 2047 times)
Tags for this thread: zombie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cjohns6
« on: December 18, 2011 04:32:19 PM »

I'm a huge zombie fan, like its kind of ridiculous. Thankfully so is my DH. We collect zombie books, movies; our truck has a front license plate that says Zombie Defense Vehicle 01, also a 2 foot decal on the back window of shot guns and underneath Zombie Defense and a little rifle and Zombie Killer on the driver side window. Halloween 2010 I painted a zombie and bloody hand prints on the glass of our front door and it stayed there until November 2011, when I finally thought I should maybe scrap it off. Sad day all around btw.
Anyways when my grandmother passed away, we were allowed to pick out some things of hers to keep. I should mention she was an avid gardener with hundreds of garden statues, her garden was her pride and joy. So we all wanted something from her garden for keeps. Well I'm not really into flowers and all that jazz. So I took most of her garden gnomes (I do love gnomes) thinking they would pretty up our spare and dying flower beds. All of the gnomes had spent years outside so they were worn and chipped. I immediately thought little zombie gnomes would look amazing in my dead flower beds. Now I'll always have something of hers, that's a little mine as well.

On to the gnomes:  Sorry the pics are bad, and not in the yard but it's too cold out to go get new pics.

Zombie 1 caught himself Bambi to eat. Bambi's ear and nose were already broken off.

This guy got part of his head eaten, all together though, he seems like a jolly little zombie. No?

The victim, fatty just couldn't out run them.

This zombie has decided to eat his own fingers because he is in a separate flower bed by himself with no one to snack on.

All together, the one in the back right is the only gnome survivor. He has a cane to defend himself with, and he just looks like he is wise and could kill zombies in his sleep. Also a bloody mushroom, because zombie apocalypse s just are messy.

Thanks for looking, and any c&c are welcome!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012 12:07:30 PM »

I think it's great that you were able to take something of your Grandmother's and make it your own.  I bet you think of her every time you see them.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kawaiihelen

printing on every surface I can find

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012 12:45:43 AM »

funny as hell! love it  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make screen printed clothes and accessories!
www.etsy.com/shop/nellystreasuresuk
I've Entered the Women in Making competition
Please vote https://campaign.triumph.com/uk/profiles/helen-smith?thankyou=facebook#_=_
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Comics Run: Batman Night of the Owls
The Comics Run: Avengers VS. X-Men Resumed
The Comics Run: Avengers VS. X-Men
Using Floppy Disks as Art Canvas
Incredible Feather Art
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...