This month's challenge is Where the Wild Things Are. We're knitting monsters, people. This differs from the Knitted Horror theme idea because you CAN knit Frankie or Dracula, but you can also knit a Vermicious Knid (do you know how happy it makes me that they have a Wiki article?), an Illithid, or a stumpy, banded stoogle (yeah, I made that one up, that's the point). You can incorporate this theme into your item however you'd like; with colorwork, or by actually knitting a stuffed Knid, or however else you can imagine.The format:
When posting your challenge entry, please post it under Knitting Challenge Entries. In the message body, post the title of your entry and clear pictures.The Deadline:
The crafting period will last from now until June 24, with voting from June 25 to June 30.. The Prizes (the best part!):
Up to 4 oz of custom spun yarn from Star217
See some examples of her beautiful yarn here:
- Members do not need to have a certain post count or have been a member for so long to participate. Everyone is welcome!
- All items must be handmade by the poster.
- The item must be knitted, but it does not have to be hand-knitted. Looms and machines qualify.
- Only one entry per poster, though you may incorporate multiple things into your one entry (such as with a set)
- Items can be as big or as small as you want, unless otherwise stated in the theme.
- You must use the theme provided.
- You may use written patterns for this theme. Please provide information in your entry on which pattern you used.
- this is an important one: Make sure all pictures are visible through the time of voting. Pictures will appear in the voting, so please keep an eye on your bandwidth and hyperlinks! Entries where the photo links do not work when it comes time to vote will not be included. Craftster offers reliable picture hosting to registered members and also incorporates photobucket software into the code to make photobucket accounts easier to use. Take advantage of these features!The Themes:
All themes are suggested and voted on by Craftster members. To suggest a theme to be considered in the next challenge, see this thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136544.0