A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 306,055
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pond and Veggie Garden shots....  (Read 12781 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008 12:02:45 PM »

Our soil is not good for carrots here but I did plant radishes between the stepping stones - every few weeks I would plant more in between the other stones...

I am so stoked.. I can't wait to dig in the dirt again!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
susankg53
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2008 08:38:01 PM »

It isn't time to start planting outside here in Kansas, we still have ice on the ground, but I keep looking at all my seeds and such and planning where I will plant when it's time. I don't even have a space that I can start anything inside. While you guys are playing in the dirt, think about me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmysIntoWishin
Live the Life you Love

Loving New Mommyhood

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008 04:51:11 PM »

Sweet garden.  I'd love to transplant the lady bugs in my house to your garden, free of charge.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥I LIVE the Handmade Pledge!♥
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008 05:36:47 PM »

I am actually considering buying some ladybugs this year.. husband thinks I am nuts but hey, I want to get a colony established and the only bugs we have a lot of are wasps and black widows.. and june bugs.  Can't forget those humungous weird june bugs... they are like an inch long.  egads.

Okay. I  am going to give myself nightmares... Last summer I went out to pick beans and they swarmed me.... the june bugs not the black widows... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008 12:10:27 PM »

We're pretty lucky bugwise here in Colorado. I had lots of ladybugs last year, but I did get a couple of aphid infestations they couldn't handle-I just turn the high pressure hose on them and then if that doesn't work, some diluted insecticidal soap. It's the slugs I hate Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008 12:14:42 PM »

beer in a bowl....
slug killer...

I have yet to deal with aphids.  I can't bear the thought of them - that would be just horrid!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2008 12:23:03 PM »

Believe me-I am an expert at the beer in a bowl slug murdering. I had 2 rather embarrassing incidents with it, though. I refuse to waste good beer on slimy slugs so I went to the local liquor store looking for a large bottle of cheap beer. I'm more a wine drinker than a beer drinker so I had to ask the clerk for his largest container of his cheapest beer. Of course, the entire shop fills up right then and I start mumbling that it's for slugs, not for my consumption. He just kind of gave me an "uh huh" look and passed me the brown bag. Then I was walking around the yard at twilight trying to figure where I should put out my tuna cans to fill with beer death and I realized that my new neighbors' (who are very evangelical) parents were watching me from their porch as I zigzagged around the yard carrying a very large bottle of cheap beer and muttering to myself. Tongue Tongue
The life of a gardener is not all as pastoral as one might believe Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008 01:29:01 PM »

Oh my god that is too funny!  I can just picture you wandering around with a brown bag of Colt45 or something looking bewildered... too funny!  You just added a bit of humor to my afternoon that is already being filled up with squabbling kids... It is going to be a loooong afternoon I am afraid!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table
Tute Tuesday: Mrs. Weasley Inspired Burrow Afghan
Creative Craft Supplies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...