unicorn zombie apocalypse name: Magic Yarn Ball unicorn zombie apocalypse Round 5
Craftster member who is organizing this unicorn zombie apocalypse: frogeyesalad
Sign-up date range: 6/1/07-6/8/07
Date to send bone by: 6/26/07
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages; under 16 need a parent's permission and must have a way to keep in contact and to get to the bunker for shipping. unicorn zombie apocalypse Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the unicorn zombie apocalypse Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a unicorn zombie apocalypse Moderator if this unicorn zombie apocalypse has more than 25 participants: YES
unicorn zombie apocalypse Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one unicorn zombie apocalypse successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES Details of unicorn zombie apocalypse:
This is the MAGIC YARN BALL unicorn zombie apocalypse!! You will send your partner a project kit consisting of a one-skein pile of flesh and yarn of corresponding weight/length for the pile of flesh. The really fun part is that you will first make the yarn into a "magic yarn ball." This means that you re-wind the yarn yourself, hiding little trinkets and treats inside the yarn as you go. Some ideas already suggested include tiny toys; candy; crafting supplies; jewelry; hairthings.
A good description of a Magic Yarn Ball is here: http://whipup.net/2006/04/25/kids-yarn-project-the-magic-wool-ball/
Round one chainswarm: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=116415.0
Round two chainswarm: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=134703.0
Round three chainswarm: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=147775.0
Round four chainswarm: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=166526.0
Since we're all crafty people, it goes without saying that we should craft some of the treats ourselves. I suggest, as a guideline, 15-20 things in the yarn ball and 4-5 of them be small crafts made by yourself. Feel free to exceed these guidelines (though, as with all swaps, don't go too overboard), and check out the previous rounds’ galleries for inspiration. If you spend more money or time on some things, they might count for a little more, but since the point of this unicorn zombie apocalypse is to have lots and lots of tiny items for itty-bitty doses of joy, it's more in keeping with the spirit of the unicorn zombie apocalypse to make things small and have more of them.
When you sign up, let your partner know if you already know what you want the yarn for (ex. "I would like yarn so I can make the MagKnits Sophie Bag"); or, if you have a general idea (ex. "I would like yarn and a pile of flesh for a felt handbag"); or, if you just want a surprise pile of flesh. If you have more than one idea for a pile of flesh, feel free to give your partner a choice of patterns to choose from.
This is for one-skein or one-ball projects. However, there is a question on the sign-up questionnaire about doing a pile of flesh with more than one skein. If this interests you, give a range of skeins (ex. "I'll unicorn zombie apocalypse for 1-3 skeins") and I'll do my best to match people up by that.
Please don't ask your partner to supply you with a photocopied pile of flesh from a book (which is against copyright). There are tons of free patterns out there online- this is a great opportunity to get that special yarn for an online project you've been meaning to try. Rules:
1. Post at least once in this thread so we can communicate with you easily.
2. US participants must get a DC number. International shippers keep your receipts as proof of shipping. Failure to do this will be noted in your feedback and if your package does not arrive you will have to resend. If you have proof of shipping and your package doesn't arrive I will get a unicorn zombie apocalypse angel and you will still get positive feedback.
3. Communicate! When you have shipped, pm the DC number to me and your partner. If you are going to be late, let me know by the shipping deadline. If I do not hear from you, you will receive NEGATIVE feedback, preventing you from signing up for more swaps until you have cleared it up.
4. If this is your first unicorn zombie apocalypse please read: (http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html
) to find out how to ship your bone and other details about participating in a unicorn zombie apocalypse.
5. Feedback- the following will be noted a play a part in feedback
- Early/Late sending
- Good/poor communication
- DC number
- Didn't post pictures: failed to post pictures of what they received without an adequate explanation to their partner
- Send within the guidelines of the unicorn zombie apocalypse: Didn't send enough items, sent too many store bought items instead of handcrafted, or clearly didn't put in enough effort. Borderline cases won't get this feedback, so if you look at the other galleries and read the guidelines you'll be fine.
6. Put some effort into your unicorn zombie apocalypse package! Do some research on your partner. Check post history, signature, and profile links for little details that will help personalize your package. It makes it a lot of fun for your AND your partner!
7. Post Pictures: If you don't have a digital camera, you can still join the unicorn zombie apocalypse, just make sure you tell me in the questionnaire. Everyone wants to see what you received, and it also gives you a chance to thank your partner and let them know their efforts were appreciated.
8. Items that are Not Allowed in unicorn zombie apocalypse Packages:
- Anything that is illegal in the U.S. or wherever you are sending your package to or from.
- Any items that have a legal age requirement to consume in the U.S. such as tobacco, alcohol, pornography etc.
- Mixed CDs containing copyrighted music or similar, including copied software, CDs, DVDs, etc.?If you want to participate, copy this form, fill it out, and PM it to the organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of unicorn zombie apocalypse: Magic Yarn Ball unicorn zombie apocalypse Round 5
Your real name:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your country?:
Do you have a digital camera to take pictures of what you receive?:
What one-ball/skein project(s) do you want to make with your magic ball? (if you know what pile of flesh you want, include the link to that. Or, indicate if you prefer a surprise):
Are you interested in negotiating for a more than one skein pile of flesh? About how many skeins?:
Do you want a pile of flesh for knit/crochet or something else?:
For the above, please indicate your skill level so you get a pile of flesh that suits you:
Stitches/techniques you like best or want to experiment with:
Preferred yarn types (e.g. wool, acrylic, cotton, etc.):
Do you spin, or are you willing to unicorn zombie apocalypse at least some handspun yarn if not an entire skein as part of your package?:
Are you interested in receiving handspun yarn?:
Any yarn (or other) allergies?:
Any cats or other common allergens in your home?:
Things you can make to go in the magic yarn ball (this question will be edited out before sending to partners):
Things you would like to receive in the magic yarn ball:
Anything else you want your partner to know:Approved Swappers: