A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 307,543
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: INTERNATIONAL Altered journal pages swap gallery  (Read 62278 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #580 on: July 13, 2007 04:24:19 AM »

Here are the awesome pages Banga made for me. When I get a bit more time, I'll post pics of all of my sets together.

Left:

Right:

There is beading, applique, collage and I think possibly wallpaper. Lots of depth and texture with a sprinkle of glitter. Who doesn't love a sprinkle of glitter?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
gingerquilts
« Reply #581 on: July 13, 2007 05:55:53 AM »

Great pages banga!  Aroze your book is going to look awesome.  I love the image of the flirtatious lady.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #582 on: July 13, 2007 05:58:22 AM »

Banga, I love those pages.  Actually, I love all the off-white pages people have been getting.  No, wait -- I love all the pages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #583 on: July 13, 2007 06:30:53 AM »

Glad you like them! The background is actually a paper napkin, but the texture reminded me of wallpaper, so I added the pinstripes to make it a bit more wallpaperish - I wanted it to look a little like a boudoir. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #584 on: July 13, 2007 07:36:32 AM »

Beauticious pages Banga! I love how the woman is holding one of the bead strings.  Every time a new set is posted, I think I've found my colour for the next round Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
My STS Winter 2016 shop!

I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art..."  Vladimir Nabok
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #585 on: July 13, 2007 07:37:56 AM »

Glad you like them! The background is actually a paper napkin, but the texture reminded me of wallpaper, so I added the pinstripes to make it a bit more wallpaperish - I wanted it to look a little like a boudoir. 

Boudoir!  That's a great word.  Why don't we have boudoirs anymore?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #586 on: July 13, 2007 07:40:23 AM »

After 23 years of marriage, I'd like a boudoir AND my own bathroom Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
My STS Winter 2016 shop!

I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art..."  Vladimir Nabok
minouette
« Reply #587 on: July 13, 2007 12:34:08 PM »

I just got back from a quick trip to find a lovely package from janeausten! I will post some pics as soon as I can of her lovely gold and white pages. I'm always amazed how fellow craftsters manage to figure out what want! You people seem to know me better than I do sometimes! Thanks so much janeausten; you know, I am OBSESSED with wings?  Grin Grin Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I opened an Etsy shop! Come visit http://minouette.etsy.com

(I have a wist too: http://minouette.wists.com)
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #588 on: July 14, 2007 08:51:28 AM »

After 23 years of marriage, I'd like a boudoir AND my own bathroom Wink
I love that word, too! And one day my boudoir will have a huge bed canopy and a chaise lounge. Oh yeah, and a man with palm fronds, for fanning of course  Tongue

This has been such a fun and challenging swap, can't wait for the next!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #589 on: July 15, 2007 05:47:25 PM »

I bought a 10x10 inch spiral bound scrapbook with a black cover and black pages for all the red pages I received in this swap.  My primary goal in putting the pages in it was to preserve each artist's work.  I didn't want to do anything that would damage or detract from the amazing works of art I received.

For some reason, every picture I took yesterday turned out crooked.  I don't know what's up with that.

Here's a picture of the cover.  I want to make a collage for the cover, but I haven't gotten around to it yet, and I wanted to post the other pictures.  I love how the fibers from the tags hang out the side of the book.

Here's the "title page" of the book.  I wanted something to set the tone, but again, I wanted it to be very simple.  The words are the dictionary definition of "reddest".

This is the first sign-in page.  After all my agonizing last week, I ended up mounting the tags with clear photo corner squares on the bottom two edges, and one at the top edge.  You can see a few in the photos.  The only exception to this was OY's, because she only decorated one side of her tag -- so I just glued it right on the page.  I'm wondering if maybe we should do all the tags that way next time around.  Next to the tags I did some very simple collage.  The red collaged bits in the center of the book pages are cards that fold over -- I've written the details of this swap on the left hand card, and I'll use the right hand one for the 2nd round.  I'm expecting 3 sets of pages through personal swaps, and however many from round 2 of this swap, so I'll need to make a second sign-in page at some point, but haven't done so yet.  When I do, I'll offset those tags from these, so the fibers spread out all along the height of the book.

Then I mounted each set of pages on 2 facing pages in the scrapbook.  I put them in the order I received them, with the exception that I put OY's first -- since I did a personal swap with her, and since hers prominently feature the word red.

I haven't mounted Racky's pages yet, because I'm not sure how.  You all are familiar with Racky's edges -- well, if I cut an inch off the inside edge of her pages, there will be no finished edge there, so that doesn't really work. I *really* wish I had anticipated this problem before I started mounting all my pages this way -- if I had, I wouldn't have mounted them this way!!!  Any suggestions for what I should do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Cozies
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Chocolate Mice
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: 50's Style Cocktail Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...