I made this for a friend's birthday, havent given it to her yet and her birthday was last week.. you think she'll forgive me for the late present? As always, your thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated!
the inside of the bag.. two compartments, one for her cellphone and the other one for cash and whatnots..
tute's available if you guys want.. all you have to do is ask!
alright, i'm SO flattered someone's asked for a tute! Here it is :
1. Make a foundation ch corresponding to the width of the bag you want.. warning! dont get make it too big because the number of the rows make up the length of the bag and it's a lot of work
2. working in the back loop only of the ch, 1 sc in each ch till the end
3. 1 ch, turn, 1 sc in each sc till the end . repeat till you have a rectangulare piece of crochet twice the length required. This will make up the body of the bag
4. To make the flap, continue to crochet rows till the flap covers 1/3rd of the lenght of the bag, in the last row make a 4 ch sp in the middle of the row (button hole
). You can either finish here or make another row , over the row with the 4ch sp to make it prettier .
5. Stitch up the sides of the bag. To make the strap for the bag, i did a long ch with a row of dc and stitched it to the sides of the bag.
Requires pink, blue, purple and yellow thread
1. with the yellow thread make a magic/adjustable ring. 1 ch, 11 sc i6nto the ring.. Tighten the ring.
2 Attach the pink/blue/purple thread, (depending on what the color of the petals you want).. working in the FRONT LOOP ONLY, 6 ch and sl st into the next sc. continue till the end.. you should have 12 6ch loops. sl st into the first st.
3. Sl st into the BACK LOOP and working in the BACK LOOP ONLY, make 8 ch and sl st into back loop of the sc (this is a little fiddly). continue till the end, you should have 12 8ch loops... sl st into first st and end.
your flower should be done!
for the green stalks, you need to have some knowledge of basic embroidery, it's really your basic embroidery chain stitch
stitch or glue the flowers onto the front of the bag and with green embroidery floss, embroider a line of chain stitches from the flower to the edge of the bag. IF you dont know how to embroider, just make a foundation ch and glue/stitch it onto the bag
sew a button onto the bag corresponding to the buttonhole (4 ch sp made) and voila! you're done!
If you need to make a compartment, just crochet up a rectangular piece that's slightly smaller than the length and the width of the bag and attach inside the bag prior to stitching up the sides of the bag..
Hope this is clear, if you need help, please dont hesitate to ask... If anyone makes these please please post pics!!!