A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Owl Swap Round 4 Gallery!  (Read 18016 times)
Tags for this thread: owl  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FabricFun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2007 03:58:18 PM »

Oh, they would look nice in matching frames. That's a good idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cute_anarchy
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2007 04:18:22 PM »

Wow, I love all the aprons!  They have such fun fabrics, I love how the two owls are looking at each other, martyx9, you did a great job, and the owl on the apron Violinromance made looks sort of piratical with his two different eyes - I love him, and the fabric you used.  And the stationary is totally amazing, I don't think I could use it either.

So the tracking shows that my package was delivered to rhinestoneextract...  Shocked I really hope she likes everything.  I know she is super busy right now at work, but maybe there will be more fun owl stuff to look at soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
skamperdans
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2007 04:27:51 PM »

OK "a heart apart" must have recieved my package by now (hopefully!)

here are pic's of what I made

A wire wrapped ring with a handmade/handpainted owl bead

a keychain made with bit's and pieces from my misc. scraps drawer and a pewter owl bead

a bangle made from stipped willow branches from the weeping willow in my front yard some ribbon and an owl charm

hand drawn cards with various species of owls (sorry I didn't take pictures of all the owl drawings before I packaged it up, the one on top is a northern saw-whet owl, but others include eastern screetch owl, barn owl and crested owl)

I hope to take pictures of the lovely things she brought me soon. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2007 04:40:15 PM »

I love the bangle and cards! Really awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2007 05:19:54 PM »

skamperdans- That handmade owl bead is fantastic! What did you make it out of? I love how you did his belly! And, I love the owl cards. I hope we get to see all of them!*sigh* I wish I could draw...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2007 05:52:08 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything funthreads! I had a bit ofswap anxiety about this one (which I don't usually get to a huge degree- but all the stuff you sent me was too perfect!!). I'm glad you like the apron- it was quite hard to part with! Papercrafts are probably my favourite thing to do- so I loved making the notecards (and ATC's) for you! I can't believe there is even talk of framing them!!! Cheesy Thankyou WIPs, craftADDchick and cute_anarchy  for such positive feedback too! This has been such an awesome swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skamperdans
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2007 07:45:48 PM »

I love the bangle and cards! Really awesome!

Oh thank you so much Cheesy

skamperdans- That handmade owl bead is fantastic! What did you make it out of? I love how you did his belly! And, I love the owl cards. I hope we get to see all of them!*sigh* I wish I could draw...

Thank you!  The bead is made out of super sculpey and than painted with pink & white acrylics with a couple coats of glaze. 

I have a couple pic's of drawings from the preliminary sketches so here you go...and I think everyone can draw you just need to give it a try!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2007 07:46:52 PM by skamperdans » THIS ROCKS   Logged
FabricFun

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2007 07:52:40 PM »

...and I think everyone can draw you just need to give it a try!

Uh, nope. I can very honestly say that I can't draw even if I try. hahaha. And then turn it into something made from sculpey. Definitely not. It would just be a blob of color when I was done with it. I'm truely impressed with your talents Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FabricFun

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2007 07:53:55 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything funthreads! I had a bit ofswap anxiety about this one (which I don't usually get to a huge degree- but all the stuff you sent me was too perfect!!). I'm glad you like the apron- it was quite hard to part with! Papercrafts are probably my favourite thing to do- so I loved making the notecards (and ATC's) for you! I can't believe there is even talk of framing them!!! Cheesy Thankyou WIPs, craftADDchick and cute_anarchy  for such positive feedback too! This has been such an awesome swap!

Yikes. My stuff is definitely not perfect....but I'm tickled that you think so Wink If you only saw the anxiety on my end because I didn't think that I had enough variety in what I was sending. Everything was sewn. If I asked "what do you think" one more time my daughter was going to knock me in the head. hahaha.

Your cards are awesome. I'm definetly not that artistic. But that's what makes swaps so much fun. Exchanging something you like to do for something somebody else likes to do....right Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2007 09:53:25 PM »

Yikes. My stuff is definitely not perfect....but I'm tickled that you think so  If you only saw the anxiety on my end because I didn't think that I had enough variety in what I was sending. Everything was sewn. If I asked "what do you think" one more time my daughter was going to knock me in the head. hahaha.

Your cards are awesome. I'm definetly not that artistic. But that's what makes swaps so much fun. Exchanging something you like to do for something somebody else likes to do....right

I loved that a lot of your things were sewn because, as I said.. I'm a bit of a novice!
It's definately what makes swaps so much fun!

Oh and scamperdans that screech owl is so great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write a Short Story
How to Write Rhyme
How to Improve Your Handwriting
Using Twitter to Exercise Creative Writing Skills
Round About the Earth Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...