A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Owl Swap Round 4 Gallery!  (Read 18008 times)
Tags for this thread: owl  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2007 06:14:49 PM »

I love the bag and wallet! Totally awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
indie-knitter

new slang, when you notice the stripes...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2007 06:51:28 PM »

I'm glad you liked it! Oh no...I just realized that I sent you the Dwight earrings...those were for the office swap oh well I hope you like them..must PM DisneyFan now...
I guess this is what happens when you try to send out two packages at once  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

documenting my addiction to yarn and needles at http://www.indieknits.wordpress.com/

Will personal swap for Interweave Knits Winter '06! Please PM me if you have a copy!
rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2007 07:19:51 PM »

Uh-oh!  Do you need me to mail them to her?  I can.  I was wondering about those, but thought maybe you just knew more about owls tham I did. heehehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovefindslove
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2007 07:47:45 PM »

Lol I was wondering about that too. . .

I thought maybe it was a joke on the show that had to do with owls or something. . .

Anyway, all of the stuff is super cute! I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tazzell
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2007 07:47:02 AM »

I'm loving the yellow of that bag, now that colour has to cheer up anyone's day.  The wallet, journal and earrings are all great too Smiley

I received my parcel today.  You won't believe how excited I was when I saw the postie was about to ring my doorbell with a parcel under her arm  Wink
KathleenAlice has made me some wonderful things and I've been grinning from ear to ear all day.
So pictures...
  The cutest wee stuffie who I can use as a friend or a pincushion but I think he's far too cute to stick sharp things into.

A knitting needle topper, to stop my knitting falling off.  How cute is he? Cheesy

The most amazing hat and scarf.  The hat rocks and the eyes of the owl on the scarf are googly.  The wool is so soft and cosy I almost wish it was cold enough to warrant me wearing these right now, but come winter I will be living in them Wink

Cute than cute little owl earrings.  Sorry this picture doesn't really do them justice.  As I told KathleenAlice I can already visualise myself fighting off big one from wearing these all the time. Cheesy

the prettiest wee top, look at all those owls!  I'm off to Florida/Disney on holiday next month so I see this top appearing in a lot of our holiday pics already Wink

Everything together, everything had lovely wee tags on them with notes. 

Thanks again KathleenAlice I love everything and I've so enjoyed this swap.  Now I'm itching to get my feedback so I can sign myself for more fun.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007 07:49:49 AM by tazzell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taz

'Life must be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards' - Soren Kierkegaard

My wists
http://www.wists.com/tazzell
My blog
http://cutitandpinit.blogspot.com/

Trends may come and go but I'll always be a crafter.
giantsquid
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2007 08:02:48 AM »

I think h_pets360's camera is still dead so I thought I'd post pictures of the things I sent her since she only got to post one preview picture of the whole package together.  

I screen printed a dish towel with a screen of two little owls that I actually designed long before I heard about this swap.

I hand sewed and embroidered this owl stuffie/pincussion

I made this wristlet with Japanese owl fabric that I found at a tiny Japanese fabric shop not too far from my house. Oh, and I embroidered the little owls in the corner.

My personal favorite thing I made was this apron.  I actually made another one first when we were waiting to get our swap partner info with yellow fabric instead of green.  But I decided I liked it so much I couldn't give it away.  So when I found out h_pets360 really liked green I made her another one in green.  I used the same owl screen print as on the dish towel.  The tie is made from this vintage mushroom ribbon I found at a thrift store in Idaho and the pockets covered in owls are made from a Japanese tenugui tea towel from the Japanese dollar store in Gardena, CA.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2010 12:28:01 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

neverseenblue
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2007 08:41:26 AM »

I LOVE that apron giantsquid!! Too cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2007 10:55:03 AM »

thanks, giant squid.  i'll post action pictures soon, i promise...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2007 03:12:14 PM »

rozekitten- The bag is fantastic, as is the wallet- I just love the owl cable pattern! And I love the Owl earrings (he's my favorite cartoon owl), too (and funny about the other pair!).

tazzell- Excellent package you received! The tiny stuffie is too cute to stick pins into, and the needle topper is adorable! The hat and scarf set is absolutely fabulous and the earrings are sweet! And, I'm jealous of the top in the cute owl fabric (I just couldn't find any owl fabric anywhere- now that the swap is done,I'll probably see it all over the place).

Such cute owly goodness all around!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2007 03:33:49 PM »

And, I got my package from christinacoghill today! I'm supposed to be grading papers and on a temporary ban from Craftster until they are done, but since the ban is self-imposed, I figured that I could break the ban for a minute and post my pics.

Everything together...

There's an adorable crocheted owl stuffie, which is going on my desk, a macrame owl necklace (nothing says retro like owls and macrame!), a crocheted owl on a keyring, a panel with 2 of the knitted owl cables (it has a crocheted border, and I just happen to have the same yarn, so I may attempt to crochet a hat around it!), and a felt tree with 2 pairs of owl shrinky dink earrings and a two pairs of hair clips (owls and baby deer). I love how the owls are perched in the tree!

Here's a close-up of the tree with the earrings and hair clips. And, try as I might, I couldn't get a clear picture of the owl cables.

Thanks Christina for the great package!! Whoo-hoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Marie Arana on Simon De Bolivar
Carry On, Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
Heather McDonald’s My Inappropriate Life
Should Heather McDonald Be the Next Real Housewife?
Interview With Author Christina Shelton
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...