A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,041
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 2007 Birthday Swap!! SIGNUP HAS ENDED!!  (Read 2728 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

EOcrafter
Never met a craft I didn't like

mmm rummy drink!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007 11:33:46 AM »

Hi everyone!  Happy Birthday July Babies!  My name is Becky, and I'm from Detroit, Michigan.  My birthday is July 23, and I will be turning 25 years old, yay!  Grin

Here's some cool stuff that I love:

Roving - I am totally into felted stuff right, and I can never find it around me - thanks pogmothion!
Hand dyed/Hand painted/Spun yarn - any kind of fiber
Microscope slides - another item I can't find to save my life
Microscope Pendant - check out my wist at the bottom for an example
Polymer Clay beginners kit
Granny Squares
Crochet Flowers
Anything Buddha
Hello Kitty stuff
Vintage greeting cards
Anything Leo (my astro sign) inspired
Charms for a charm bracelet
Thrift store jewelry that I can reconstruct
Any kind of animal figurine - I collect them
A surprise!

I am an environmental scientist and I craft with everything one of my free minutes.  I like knitting, crocheting, making clothes, making purses, making stuffies, decorating tee shirts, making ATCs and altered books...I've probably forgotten some stuff, but I literally love every craft I try out.  Check out my wists, I got plenty of "me' stuff on there.  Thanks in advance!!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007 06:39:36 AM by EOcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

svanalyn
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007 02:10:15 AM »

First of all happy birthday to all the other craftsters who are celebrating their birthday in July. I will be turning 22 on the 19th of July. Hooray!

Cute fabric

Vintage patterns -  from the 40s and the 50s. Im a size 18 for those patterns.

Skirts Combine a cute fabric with a vintage look and you have a winner obviously 

Stationery with funny or cute characters on it

Notepads

Mittens those flip-top-styled ones like these: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/PATTbroadstreet.html . My old pair is slowly dieing and I am in desperate need of a new one.

All kind of stuffies I love them all, the cuter, the better. Im looking for a stuffie that can model for me (with wire in it so it can take all kind of poses) and that is not too big so I can take it to many places. Something like My Misio (http://www.mymisio.com).

Candy I know, not that much of a craft, but I looooove candy and would love to receive candy from different parts of the world.

A photo camera bag I have a Nikon D50 digital SLR, but I have a dull, black bag for it. I would like to have a nice, sturdy, if possible a waterproof, more colourful bag for it.

A surprise

A bit about me:
I recently graduated from college as a bachelor in Journalism, which means I like writing and reading as well. I love to get to know new cultures and new languages. My photo camera goes with me where-ever I go. Almost where-ever I go. I love drawing and illustrating, although I never really took any classes. I love artists like Scott Thigpen and Kirsten Ulve, but I also appreciate the work of more classic artist such as Waterhouse. My favourite colors are turquoise, yellowish green, yellow and orange. Bright colors. I have a weak spot for anything that is cute. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EowynUlysses
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007 11:54:58 AM »

Happy birthday to us!
I turned 21 on July 12. I live in Knoxville, TN USA.

My wish list:
-Yarn. Handspun, store bought, whatever. I love yarn, especially fun fibers like bamboo and hemp. No silk please. Wool is very excellent.

-Cute stationary. I try to write lots of letters and am slowly busting through my stash.

-Entralac scarf or hat or bag. I very love the way entrelac looks.

-Basket for my bike. I'll be riding a lot more once school starts and will need to carry my books and things around.

-Girl Scouts/Guides related items. Patches, pins, awards, books, sashes etc. I've been a Scout for most of my life and have started collecting these types of things.

-knit socks! I've just started knitting and haven't had the courage to try socks.

-A cute lunchbox/bag. I'll be taking my lunch to school soon and need some sort of carrying device.

-Anything Monty Python.

-Hats! I love newsboy hats and fedoras.

-Recipes/cookbooks. I've recently become a vegetarian and am always on the lookout for new food. I cook for one and hate having to eat the same thing for weeks.

-Anything with ravens or Edgar Allan Poe. I am rather obsessed with his poem,The Raven, and ravens in general.

-Anything of Edinburgh. I visited the city a few summers ago and just feel in love.

-Wall art.

-Books. I love to read, pretty much every type of book. Some of my favourite authors are Jasper Fforde, Howard Zinn, Jeanette Winterson, Douglas Adams and Tolkien.

-A wallet. Mine is falling apart. A zip pocket for change and Velcro closure would be fantastic. No leather, please.

-A surprise.

About me:
I'm entering my fourth year at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I'm studying biology and hope to be a vet someday. I love animals, especially cats, raccoons and elephant shrews. I have no pets here but my parents keep my three kitties. I am very much an Anglophile and love tea. I tend to gravitate towards blues and greens but also love chocolate brown and darker pinks. Colors I'm not that into are UT orange, bubblegum pink and pastels.
Please no leather, silk, bone or hide. Wool and shell are fine.
More information than you probably want is available at my blog, particularly these posts: http://eowyn-ulysses.livejournal.com/44658.html
http://eowyn-ulysses.livejournal.com/42644.html
http://eowyn-ulysses.livejournal.com/43577.html
I  also have a wist: http://www.wists.com/EowynUlysses/all/?tag2=&offset=0

ETA: Ha ha, I forgot to tell what types of crafts I do. I dabble in lots of crafts, but knit and crochet most often. I also sew and bind books on occasion. I keep a visual journal and love wee bits of paper and old magazines. I used to be really into cross-stitch but haven't done it in awhile. I would like to learn other sorts of embroidery.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007 10:11:12 PM by EowynUlysses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
L

skinned up knees and salty lips

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007 10:05:56 AM »

hey im Lauren from New Jersey
My birthday happens to be today!! July 20th

I would love to receive anything really, thank you in advance for my birthday present.

-a surprise would be effing awesome
-a wristlet would be fabulous (just big enough to fit id and smokes
-a shrinky dink necklace of a "real" heart would rock mt world
-a t-shirt with a mix tape on it or turntables or oh even brass knuckles ,now thats hot
-a stuffie, but a creepy stuffie, like one with things that are not supposed to be there and junk
-your specialty
-stalk me, find out my secrets and have fun with it i love surprises

loves black and red and gray
loves skulls, hearts and apples
loves creepy ass shiz, think Gris Grimly
Thank you
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007 08:16:48 PM by L » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog. read often. comment more.
<A HREF="http://www.apessimistsview.blogspot.com">

you taste so sweet but i cant eat the same thing everyday...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Somewhere Over the Rainbow on Violin
How to Play Happy Birthday on Violin
How to Play Bunco
How to Play Ode to Joy in Violin
How to Play Old McDonald Had a Farm in Violin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...