A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,478
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Check out my altered photos  (Read 7149 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redpurse
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005 06:30:17 PM »

Yea, I had big plans for my pics but I ended up just making frames with some cardstock I had and put magnets on the back.  My sis liked them anyway!  I've started an altered photo wall so I hope to amass a large colorful collection over time.  Thanks for checking them out:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Era Vera
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005 07:47:37 PM »

those look great!

i think i know someone who does this. she's an artist and does all sorts of stuff with shells she finds on the beach and stuff, but she has a book that has tons of altered pictures in it. the story is all about when she was a little kid growing up during the holocaust. she had to go into hiding and stuff because she was jewish. years and years later, she got sent a bunch of childhood photos, like from then and stuff, and she took all of them and altered them like this. it's a really amazing book. it's called Rescued Images: Memories of a Childhood in Hiding and it's by Ruth Jacobsen if anyone wants to check it out. she is an amazing lady.

but anyways, your photos look awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://eravera.blogspot.com/ <-rarely updated crafting blog
http://modaveloce.blogspot.com/ <-fashion-y blog with some diy and photography/art stuff
redpurse
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005 05:08:14 PM »

Thanks!  I just looked this book up on Amazon.  I think I'm going to have to order it... thanks for the tip. Seeing the excerpts from Ms. Jacobsen's book made me think about how lucky I am to have the life that I have.  I'm glad art was able to help her confront her past.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005 06:18:38 AM »

What a great way to remove unwanted clutter from photographs (ex-boyfriends, etc.... I knew a lady once who still had her wedding picture up, even though she had been divorced for ages, because it was one of the best pictures of her ever made! Voila! Instant solution!)

<<slyly>>  Might be a good way to get rid of a few extra pounds, too...all in the interest of art, I mean.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006 01:48:57 PM »

hey - has anyone tried this with digital photos printed on photo or glossy paper??  (unfortunately i haven't taken an 'old school' pic in ages - dang electronic advancements)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
redpurse
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006 11:51:17 AM »

I tried... it doesn't work as well but it's okay.  Don't moisten the paper or the ink just runs.  You pretty much can't use anything wet on it or the ink will run.

One thing I do with digital pics is to print them on photo paper and then transfer them onto other things (canvas for example).  Once you print your photo, put decopage glue (mod podge) on the surface you want to transfer the image to, then put the photo face-down on the glue.  Let it sit about a minute and then peel the photo paper away.  It will leave the ink on your canvas without the paper.  It transfers kinda grainy and patchy and looks like an old painting or something.  I got the idea from a Karen Michel book (her book kicks ass, btw... http://www.karenmichel.com/).  If you're interested I'll post of a pic of what this looks like. 

Keep in mind that it reverses the image so if you don't want it reversed then you'll need to reverse it before you print it on your photo paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bettie

* some girls have glitter in their veins*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006 12:22:21 PM »

i just added that book to my amazon wish list  Wink its looks so amazing, i would love to see an example of transfering it to canvas, it sounds so easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

well behaved women rarely make history...
Bettie

* some girls have glitter in their veins*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006 12:24:20 PM »

oh and i forgot to say your pictures came out really good! i read that magazine article forever ago and its been on my huge crafty to-do list for ages but i think you just inspired me to give it a go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

well behaved women rarely make history...
redpurse
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007 06:54:48 PM »

Sorry it took me so long to respond.  I'm pregnant and now whenever I have extra time I tend to sleep rather than craft Grin

Here's the original pic I took of my foot on my digital camera.  I tweaked the color a bit to make it more greenish before printing.

I ended up using the modpodge glue technique in the top left and bottom right portions of this piece.

Here's a closeup of the bottom right section...

I made this after reading Karen Michel's book (as anyone who has read her book can probably tell) so sorry if it looks a little copy cat-ish.  It's a tribute to my flat feet.  My hubby told me that I have foot pain because I have such small feet... too much PSI (pounds per square inch)... he's a math guy so he actually did a percentage comparison of the PSI on his feet (men's size 12) vs my feet (women's size 6).  Goof.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redpurse
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007 06:58:20 PM »

Oops... those pics are pretty small.  Here's a better closeup.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Split Toning in Photoshop - Video Tutorial
-How to Create a Sequence in Premiere Pro CS4
How to Straighten Your Photos in Photoshop CS4
Learn about 3D Computer Art Museum
Learn about 3D Computer Architecture
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...