A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 306,414
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Falls (fake hair...yay!)  (Read 46352 times)
Tags for this thread: hair_fall , dread_fall , yarn , wool , wool_dreads , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SunnyBreeze75
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2004 07:55:47 AM »

Hmm..I read the different ways to attatch them on that site..but I still dont get it. do you just like, use the lace you made it on and tie it on? is there an easier way to put single..pieces of the dreds on without making it look tied on, but without having to have someone braid it in for you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carpejugulum

Gothic Martha Stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2004 08:47:25 PM »

carpejugulum--
wow wow wow
amazing hair.. i love the candy cane stripe look for accent.. along with a nice base color.
kickass. I'd love some!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!
My dreadfalls run between 45 and 60 bucks for a pair (cheaper for just one big fall), which is pretty reasonable because I know that there are some girls out there who charge 80 or 100, which is outrageous. I'd love to make some for you someday! Drop me a line!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well, you don't say.
carpejugulum

Gothic Martha Stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2004 08:52:00 PM »

Hmm..I read the different ways to attatch them on that site..but I still dont get it. do you just like, use the lace you made it on and tie it on? is there an easier way to put single..pieces of the dreds on without making it look tied on, but without having to have someone braid it in for you?

Yes! The lace or tie that you made it on is for putting around your buns! That's the beauty of the whole thing. You can make what they call doubled ended dreads that are not mounted on anything, and those can be braided into your hair and left there for some time. If you have work or school or other reasons to not have funky hair all of the time, wearing falls over ponytails or buns is the way to go.

Here's how I put mine in:
I pull my hair up into one or two high ponytails when it's damp and I then coil it tightly into a bun. I pin the bun to my head so it stays and so it is able to be a firm base for my fake hair. Then I flip my head over and tie the fall around my bun with the bow underneath and in the back of my head. Then I flip my head back and pin my dreads with bobby pins to keep them positioned over my bun. You can also use a scarf or the sleeve of an old tee shirt to help cover up your natural hair, and some girls use goggles too as a nice accent.

It takes some practice to put them in so give yourself some time! And go look at the Quinnster site for helpies. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well, you don't say.
Uglytrollgirl

I eat lead paint and i cannot lie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2004 05:42:55 PM »

I hear alot about ponytails, but I have shorter hair that i can't exactly put up.  So how would i be able to do these?  I kinda dig the shorter hair in front but big long poufy dreads in the back boufant  sort of look.  Is this even possible?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIY or die
Ice
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2004 06:25:21 PM »

Uglytrollgirl, maybe you could attach the dreads to a headband? Put enough back there and it should be bouffant... Of course, that's hoping that I'm imagining what you mean correctly. *grin*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carpejugulum

Gothic Martha Stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2004 09:10:02 AM »

Uglytrollgirl, maybe you could attach the dreads to a headband? Put enough back there and it should be bouffant... Of course, that's hoping that I'm imagining what you mean correctly. *grin*

Yeah, definitely! Get a wire headband from the drugstore or something. They hold a lot of hair well and are easily hidden.

You can also get a cheap party wig and sew your dreads into it for extra coverage. Here's one I did with foam and tubing:

and with a special hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well, you don't say.
Uglytrollgirl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2004 03:24:30 PM »

The headband is a fantastic idea!  I didn't even think of it.  And that pic of the wig is WILD.  Although it did remind me that i have a vintage hat with a net like that, and i could also attatch some hair to that for a weird retro meets gothic space alien look.  IM so excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIY or die
carpejugulum

Gothic Martha Stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2004 09:29:56 PM »

The headband is a fantastic idea!  I didn't even think of it.  And that pic of the wig is WILD.  Although it did remind me that i have a vintage hat with a net like that, and i could also attatch some hair to that for a weird retro meets gothic space alien look.  IM so excited!

I like the headband idea because it's so quick and all you have to do is shove it on and go. Putting in my red/brown falls can take twenty minutes sometimes because I have a lot of natural hair and I require many pins.

I would refrain from putting hair on a vintage hat. You might ruin it! and that would be so sad. Just sew dreads onto a headband or a scarf (or a tinsel wig) and wear them underneath. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well, you don't say.
Uglytrollgirl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2004 01:11:56 PM »

I know i dont have picture but I thought I'd share.  I made a black dreaded pony tail....and now my roomates say i look like i belong in that band 4 Non Blondes!  Anyway, I used a stretchy elastic head band, and jumbo braid hair i got for $.99!  Since my hair dryer wasn't hot enough i dunked my dreads in boiling water.  They neatened out a little bit that way, but i think i left themin too long since they are a bit crunchy in places.  I might add some blonde or pink to it later on.  I will get a pic up ASAP.  But thanks so much for the advice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIY or die
underground
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2004 08:53:44 PM »

can i make these same kind of dreads but braid them into my real hair, as opposed to wearing them as a hair piece?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"do u have drugs mercushio"
"ya i had a dream today it was about this fairy she was hot then she tok my money nd my car'
"DUDE CALM DOWN"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Authentic Thai Larb
How to Make a Green Smoothie by Francis The Dog
How to Make Matcha Soy Milk Shake
How to Make Easy Baked Salmon
How to Make Easy Japanese Inspired Roast Beef
Latest Blog Articles
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap
The X-Files

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...