A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Autumn  (Read 1192 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CostumeGoddess
« on: May 28, 2007 08:29:57 PM »

Hi, folks.  This is my first post to this forum.   Sorry about the links to the pics - maybe I'll have enough posts for my next Halloween costume to get pics posted.

I made this costume for Halloween last fall, but didn't learn about Craftsters until November. I sheepishly admit that I am pretty proud of this one.  I purchased the fabric for $1.60 a yard for both the cape and the dress.  The expense came with the leaves.  I bought them at 90% sales from the craft stores, but it ran me more than I would have liked.

the pattern is a McCall's costume piece. Very disappointing.  I have to recut and alter it three times.  The cape I winged.

I stenciled maple leaved in a gradation of three colors on both the dress and the cape.  I also sprayed gold leaf silhouettes, but they didn't come out as well as I would have liked.

then I hot melt glued ( a girl's best friend) all the leaves on.  The head wreath is one of those center pieces you can get around thanksgiving time, as are the arm pieces - candle holders.

I took an old plain mask, and glued the leftover leaves on it for the last touch.

I hope you like it.  I had a great time making it.  And I only wore it once.  Too bad.

Oh, and here is a really old costume I made for Mardi Gras many many years ago. I'm surprised I could still fit in it!  I bought a 90's green velvet jacket and purple skirt from the thrift store.  I added cheap beads to the skirt and shoulders, and found an old piece of lame hanging around.  I picked up the mask at a halloween store and added the beads and bows.  But the beads and bow are too heavy so the mask tilts to one side.  Lesson learned.

I hope you like seeing Autumn as much as I liked making it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011 10:37:14 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mirthgoddess
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007 10:41:26 AM »

Wow! The autumn costume is great! I love the details and the colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shay8317
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007 06:50:25 AM »

Very Nice costume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Product Photography
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Portrait Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Indoor Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Panoramic Scene
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...