A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,942
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: temptation  (Read 2395 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chamaecyparis
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007 04:08:10 PM »

I get food cravings if I need some nutrient or vitamin- not usually for meat, but definitely for protein sometimes.  You could always talk to your doctor or a nutritionist to make sure you're getting everything you need.  And you might not want to take iron supplements before talking to a doctor (as it turns out, for me personally, taking iron is just about the worst thing I can do for my health).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007 11:55:46 AM »

i've been veg for 10 years and i don't get "meat" cravings so much as "comfort food" cravings.  Since i grew up non-veg, a lot of the things i consider to be 'comfort foods' contain meat.  i love taking those family recipes though and making them with fake meat products.  i do my grandma's meatloaf, my mom's chicken cacciatore . . .pretty much anything can be made w/ meat substitutes!  quorn brand makes a great fake chicken (keep in mind though, i do think it tastes like chicken but i haven't actually had chicken in a decade!) and gardenburger makes really good pork substitutes. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bitterswtactress
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007 06:48:24 PM »

what are exactly iron rich foods other than spinach? because i heard stuff about oxalates and messes up the iron.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spaghetti
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007 08:43:14 PM »

what are exactly iron rich foods other than spinach? because i heard stuff about oxalates and messes up the iron.

There's a table about halfway down this page with a table of high-iron vegan foods.  Beans are a good source of iron, especially when combined with vitamin C.  I also try and eat iron-fortified cereals at least a couple of times per week. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vegetarian yarnivore
newyorkdoll
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007 05:47:30 PM »

I find that the smell of it smells good to me, but usually, the smell is something like BBQ sauce or steak sauce that is appetizing to me. Try these sauces and marinades on soy "meat" products. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
     Thomas Edison
Zorka

I make life exciting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007 04:34:36 PM »

i've been veg for 10 years and i don't get "meat" cravings so much as "comfort food" cravings.  Since i grew up non-veg, a lot of the things i consider to be 'comfort foods' contain meat.  i love taking those family recipes though and making them with fake meat products.  i do my grandma's meatloaf, my mom's chicken cacciatore . . .pretty much anything can be made w/ meat substitutes!  quorn brand makes a great fake chicken (keep in mind though, i do think it tastes like chicken but i haven't actually had chicken in a decade!) and gardenburger makes really good pork substitutes. 
Same here.  There's just a few things that I really loved, that had meat in them.
okay, i just reread that and no, I haven't been vegeterian for 10 years, but yes, it's comfort food...like pepperoni.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007 06:52:34 PM by Zorka - Reason: realizing my stupidity! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Ravelry!  un-Froomla
hobbitsubculture
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007 08:00:18 PM »

I seldom have meat cravings, usually just every one or two months.  When I do, I think it's from lack of nutrients like other people said.  Since I'm not going veggie for moral reasons, I just eat meat when I crave it and figure this is part of the process of weaning myself off completely. 

Btw, farina has tons of iron. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lightning Pop-- http://lightningpop.etsy.com

"If evil be the food of genius, there aren't many demons around."  -Adam and the Ants
avec.bravoure
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007 11:12:23 AM »

Really what you're doing is what I do.  I remind myself how those animals are treated and that craving is gone.  I also remind myself how my parents didn't think i could survive as a veggie, and I find the strength to keep it up, no cheating allowed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xbostonvanillax
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007 11:23:59 AM »

I'm young and not a vegetarian but I realised that one might get cravings because the meat is there. Some people are veggie cause they don't want to kill the animal or whatever, but if the animal is dead and right in front of you, you can't really save it anymore? (correct me if I'm wrong but thats just a thought on the situation)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loving since summer '07 <3
Lemonbrella
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007 12:57:56 PM »

Human nature, I say.

Also, you could just be craving some protein. Happens to me, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Fix: Quick Blemish Cover Up
Beauty Guide: Bold Eyebrows
Everyday Winter Makeup Tutorial
5 of the Most Gorgeous Gifts Sephora Has to Offer
Night Time Skincare Routine
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...