A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Just because I love you gifts.  (Read 1407 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

groundedpidgeon
« on: May 28, 2007 10:19:03 AM »

I want to make gifts for a couple of very special people in my life, but don't know what to make them, so I was hoping someone here could help.

First, my mom. She's been pretty stressed out lately, and I just wanted to do something nice for her. I love her with all my heart. She's the best mommy in the whole wide world. She's really crafty. She would probably most appreciate something either very practical or very cute/weird. She's not very girly, and she doesn't wear jewelry or use scented candles or anything like that. Any suggestions?

Second is my boyfriend. He's a total sweetheart and I want to do something nice for him, to show him that I care about him and that I'm thinking about him.
He loves DDR. Carries his hacky sack with him just about everywhere. Really likes music, mostly rock and some rap/hip-hop and j-rock. Has an ipod, but it's already got a case. Likes anime and stand-up comedy (really likes quoting Dane Cook). Really tall and skinny.
He's just about the sweetest guy you'll ever meet, and he kind of likes mushy/romantic kind of stuff, but he's really shy and gets embarrassed kind of easily, so if I do anything mushy, I don't want to go overboard with it. Especially since he lives with a mom and three brothers that like to pick on him. Actually, it would be pretty nice if it were something small enough that he could put it somewhere that only he'd see it, but that's not a requirement.

I'm kind of low on cash, but I'm completely willing to put tons of time and effort into whatever I do for either of them. They're both completely wonderful.

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bettybooboo
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007 04:33:41 PM »

make paper flowers for your mom.. use straws and tissue paper.. or since you said shes not really girly make her like a hand painted mug or bowl or something..pots arent that expensive..

for your boyfriend..make him a cool t-shirt.. like stencil a guitar on the front or something of the sort.

i dont know if these ideas will help. i'm not all that creative.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purevitality
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007 04:03:08 AM »

I know your mom isn't super girly... but that doesn't mean she might not appreciate a small at home spa day. There are tons of inexpensive recipes for bath salts, lotions, etc etc that you can make from items you probably have at home!

Boyfriend: Framed picture, a small local concert, make him dinner... right now I'm putting together a book (based on google earth) of all the places we want to travel to and a small childrens activity book based around our relationship!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everybody here is out of sight
they dont bark and they dont bite
they keep things loose they keep it tight
everybodys dancing in the moonlight
m_void
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007 01:31:36 PM »

I made my husband this card for V-day that was small and accordian-like and I cut out small pics of me making goofy faces and made them pop up or pull out or be under a flap and each of my pictures was saying something cheese and sweet.

And one christmas I made my parents these boxes where I put copies of old pictures from my life and quotes I know they like and memories I have of them (Like how my dad used to make faces on our hard boiled eggs before he left for work and leave them for us in the egg holder that were just feet) They LOVED this. I think to date it's the most appreciated gift I've given especially by my dad. In a way it turned out being a big "thank you for being my parents"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog...  http://raegunwear.blogspot.com ...psst I do giveaways

my etsy... http://raegun.etsy.com
my fabric etsy, yup I'm obsessed... http://raegunfabric.etsy.com
oldprin
oldprin

Brian and I with the magic snowman

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007 02:25:37 AM »

Smiley I gave my boyfriend a "memory box" for Valentine's day that he can keep small things that remind him of us. I just stained a small box and put our intails on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oldprin
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007 05:46:14 PM »

For your mom, you could get her one of those heatable pillows. Do a search and you'll find all the materials and how-tos you need.

Flowers are great too! If you don't want to buy real ones, you can always make them out of tissue paper, duct tape, felt, etc.

For your boyfriend
, maybe stencil him a T-shirt with DDR arrows on it or his favorite band or a quote from Dane Cook. You could make him a tiny heart stuffy or a stuffy that looks like you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spiced Butter Cookies Recipe
How to Make Melon, Plum and Nectarine Soup
Make The Perfect Cannolis, Jersey Housewife Style
Homemade Rock Cake Recipe
Sour Cream Apple Pie Crumble Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...