A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: pinwheel blanket knit-along  (Read 4561 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_blanket  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FunkyKristen

karaoke goddess :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007 08:46:52 PM »

i was able to figure it out but i kind of lost track of where i was and did some backwards knitting for a bit... here is a photo of my progress though:

it reminds me of superman ice cream. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007 09:03:28 PM »

That's gorgeous yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
penguino
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007 09:19:01 PM »

It is lovely.  Another trick is to put a stitch marker for each YO.  So you just knit to the stitch marker and then YO and continue. 

It takes me three months.  At the end, I decide to keep it since I spent so much times on it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007 09:20:16 PM »

It takes me three months.  At the end, I decide to keep it since I spent so much times on it.

3 months? Shocked Then this is definitely not the project for me. That would take me forever.

You definitely have the right to keep it. I would.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

penguino
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007 10:03:44 PM »

Yeah. At the end, it takes like 30 minutes from 1 row, so I only knit 1 or 2 rows a day.  And I have to go buy a longer cable (60 in) for the Denise.  It grows so slowly at the end.  I think mine is like 36 inches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FunkyKristen

karaoke goddess :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007 01:02:38 PM »

my goodness! 60 inches? the switching of the circular sizes is a bit difficult for me. i can see how it would require a bigger size circular though. i begin to lose patience when it starts growing slower. Smiley
it hasn't taken me that long to work as much as i have on the blanket but it is the interior part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

penguino
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007 07:14:02 PM »

You can estimate how long you would need by multiplying the diameter by 3.14.  You can squeeze all the stitches to a shorter cable needles, but there is only so much you can do.  I broke down and bought one because it is easier than transferring among the different cable needles.

The interior part is pretty quick.  The bigger it is the longer it takes.  You can always BO when you get tired of knitting it.  And it feels so good when it is done.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007 09:07:57 PM »

I'm making the adult sweater similar to this pattern and I have a 16 and 21" cables joined (making the needle length about 45") and am an inch past where you mark the sleeves. I also have another needle of the same size that's 29" and I figure I'll have both of these crammed full by the time I get to the last rows.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
tindad

knitting keeps me sane.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007 06:48:00 AM »

I'm mostly done with mine, and I've been working on it for almost a month.  It will be about 42" across when complete.  It does start to drag when you are about 2/3 of the way done.  Currently, the blanket has nearly 700 stitches in one round.

I checked "knitting on the edge" out from the library.  I think I'm going to put a ruffle on the edge.  I think the edge is too small as written.  Thoughts?

Re: needles, i am currently using 2 sets on mine.  I already had 2 circs and I didn't want to bust out the $ for a third. 

Another crafter told me how to do it--knit the new needle on, and stop when it starts to get full.  Remember to place needle caps on the open needle ends you aren't working with (I used rubber bands). Next, take the bottom needle and loop it up to the stitches to be knit.  transfer the needle cap from the knit-to needle to now inactive needle. knit till you run out of stitches on the active needle, then move a needle cap. you will be knitting with 2 different circs again.  repeat.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007 06:43:07 PM by tindad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007 12:09:22 PM »

Wow, great progress! Knitting is already slow for me and then a blanket? Shocked

Love the color scheme! Very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Introduction to Glass Blowing
Is Home Glass Blowing Possible
Is Glass Blowing School Necessary to Learn Glass Blowing Art
How to Choose Glass Supplies for Glass Blowing
How to Choose a Glass Blowing Kit
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...