A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,903
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geek Pride Round 3 (Sign-ups 25 May to 8 June; Send-outs 13 July)  (Read 12799 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HelenM

Acting like some kind of 50s housewife

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2007 02:34:53 PM »

Yes, you're in! There's only one space left so assuming that fills before the deadline I will probably send partner info out early, and it will give us all extra crafting time  Cheesy

Lots of us in Yorkshire for some reason!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007 02:35:31 PM by HelenM » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sin esperanza
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2007 03:19:07 PM »

Yay, I'm officially in!  So here's my list...

1) I read Sylvia Plath and Shakespeare for fun.  I used to hang out with my friends who were actually majoring in English and discuss stuff with them.

2)  I'm totally relating to the R&J is so overrated conversation.  And ridiculously pleased to hear someone else wants to have it!

3)  If I hadn't majored in psychology I'd be studying ferns.  And my room space is equally divided between craft paraphernalia, books and ferns.  I know the botanical names of each fern in my room and have pictures of others on my walls!

4)  I spent two years shadow stalking flamenco classes before I joined up. 

5)  I actually know when to use a : and when to use a : when writing.  Incorrectly used apostrophes make me cry.

6)  I steal old computer parts from my friend's lab to make stuff out of

7)  I refuse to go to a country if I don't speak the language.  I'm going to Spain later this year, woohoo!

Cool  I hate arithmetic but love algebra.  I used to make up my own cyclic expressions to work out!

9)  I have an advance on the Dewey system for organising my books.  And a ledger to keep track of any that are borrowed!

10)  I spend several hours a day practicing the technique and footwork of flamenco.  And of course, I'm incapable of giving up until I get it right!

Yep, geek and weirdo, that's me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
detritus
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2007 04:15:36 PM »

Midnight, I picked up the dork barrettes years ago but I'm pretty sure I found them at Claire's or Hot Topic, so you might want to check if they have some anymore. Of course this was during the "geek chic" trend, and now everyone seems to have moved on to hipster-dom, so they might not carry them anymore. Of course, handmade would be better anyway! Also, where did you dig up the geek definition?

Gala_apples, I just started stenciling T shirts, so I was considering making my own "dysentery" shirt...but all those letters in an old-timey font sound like a major pain in the butt. I'm in the US, so I never heard of cross country canada, but now I totally want to check it out!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

photojenn
Clothing Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2007 04:20:08 PM »

I just sent in my information, I hope I was quick enough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I am Burning Star IV
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2007 04:44:38 PM »

OOooh! Yay we are definately at 24 now! Excitement excitement!! I definately vote for sending out partner info early!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sin esperanza
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2007 06:15:06 PM »

I second that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
fluffybaka

The Lil Hippies are taking over!

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2007 07:06:30 PM »

Oh, I'm so glad I got my feedback on my last swap on time!

Now for my top 10.

1. I just got done making a d20 necklace with matching d12 earrings.
2. I'm a grammar Nazi, and even go so far as to edit my manager's memos.  The typos bother me more than the what the memo has to say.
3. I'm currently involved in 3 tabletop RPGS, a White Wolf, a d20 Future, and generic DnD.
4. I love the Science Channel.
5. I still own my NES.  In fact, I've owned 2 in my life.  I cried when my mom sold my first one.
6. I got excited when, while dumpster diving, I found a huge stack of BetaCam tapes.  I don't even own a player.  They're just cool to have.
7. I can live without cable, but I couldn't survive a single day without the internet.
8.  I know the internet is not a big truck, but instead, is a series of tubes.
9. I wear glasses and am so white, you'd think I was Scandinavian.
10.  Nothing is more erotic than a large gathering of boys, linking their computers together, and playing games.  The smell of pizza and Bawls is an aphrodisiac.  I love LANs.

Yup.  I'm a big geek.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.CraftyHippy.etsy.com
Eco-friendly items, patterns, hippies, and more.

I'm on Ravelry, too!
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/stephanie-horn
foldingj
Tribal Handy Man

Reality Bites, I have the teeth marks to prove it

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2007 08:47:17 PM »

10.  Nothing is more erotic than a large gathering of boys, linking their computers together, and playing games.  The smell of pizza and Bawls is an aphrodisiac.  I love LANs.

I love the smell of pizza and Bawls in the morning. Smells like ...... well ...... pizza and Bawls. lol  I couldn't pass that up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ah, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are police officers.

My Etsy - http://www.jasonscreations.etsy.com
              NOW OPEN
Yahoo 360 page - http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-4tBJU_MicqowzxNMxuRE64AWogbslNcZkw--?cq=1
phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2007 11:09:21 PM »

Yay! Craftsters of Yorkshire unite! LOL

My ten-

1. I'm slavishly devoted to my elderly G3 iMac. I do work with PCs when I have to and generally get nominated as unofficial IT support in any office.
2. I'm currently doing training courses for Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign... at the same time.
3. Of my friends three work in the computer industry and my boifriend built his own computer.
4. At university I'd regularly spend 72 hours in the computer lab and I'm still highly caffeinated. I <3 thinkgeek.com and its wide range of caffeine goodies.
5. I love obscure quotes, and have huge chunks of a massive range of movies and TV shows stuck in my head. Nothing pleases me more than asking "how often does the train go by?" and getting the answer "so often you won't even notice it", or "are you classified as human?" and getting "negative I am a meat popsicle".
6. I've tried to learn German for years and nothing worked, til I got my hands on Terry Pratchett in German, now its easy, though the vocab is rather specific :p
7. I don't go anywhere without at least one book, I read constantly and voraciously, generally sci-fi/fantasy but also classics.
8. I dunno if this counts but I am a geek for a particular band, I've travelled thousands of miles (22 gigs, in 5 years, in 4 countries on two continents), own every bit of merchandise and have taken tens of thousands of photos over the years.
9. When I get tired (or bored) I slip into cat macro speak and find it very difficult to get back out of it.
10. Spending far too many hours playing with my own websites or working on digital art when I really should be sleeping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shazrasha

A very crafty Doctor

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2007 11:56:32 PM »

9. I wear glasses and am so white, you'd think I was Scandinavian.
Yup.  I'm a big geek.

I am Scandinavian  Roll Eyes

Top ten
1. I have just spent the evening readjusting my home made leather armour to fit me as I've shrunk.
2. I too play in several rpg games a week (Cthulu, Werewolf: Changing breeds, warhammer); I also run one (Buffy).
3. I have rpg books for at least 10 differnet systems; some I haven't even played or DMed yet, though I have plots for them.
4. One of my RPG systems is in Swedish(mutant) and I spend my time translating it so I can run it for my friends.
5. I built a database to keep track of which books I owned that I had read. I also use it to remind me if I'm missing books from series.
6. I can get away with saying things like "I can't remove my cloak without first removing my head". I don't even get funny looks.
7. I collect then catalogue my teas/coffee on my LJ so that my friends can choose their beverage of choice in advance.
8. I had at one point enough parts to make 3 computers. Only one of these worked and then only with the sides off.
9. I get annoyed when Vikings are shown with horns on their helmets when that was a feature more commonly used by Celts.
10. I have a collapsable Tai Chi sword that I nickname my lowtech lightsaber.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I do Personal swaps though you might have to ask me really nicely as I don't have huge swathes of time on my hands Smiley However I love crafting for other people.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Literary Agent
Marjorie Celona Discusses Her Novel Y
Lenore Appelhans Discusses Her Novel Level 2
Mini Biography of William Shakespeare
Iris Murdoch: The Life of the Mind
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...