A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Being a girl is fun...except for the pantyhose.  (Read 4535 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laced_with_k
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007 08:44:57 AM »

I had the same issue, my mom who is a nurse gave me the best idea, she gave me the clear sticky stuff they put over patients iv rigs. I think it's called 2nd skin. It doesn't make the chaffing worse, you don't even feel it and doesn't hurt too much to take off. Hope this helps. I really do feel for you my dear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wobblerat

already a krafty kitty

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007 09:22:57 AM »

I had the same issue, my mom who is a nurse gave me the best idea, she gave me the clear sticky stuff they put over patients iv rigs. I think it's called 2nd skin. It doesn't make the chaffing worse, you don't even feel it and doesn't hurt too much to take off. Hope this helps. I really do feel for you my dear.

Being a nurse, I've used Tegaderm ( you can buy it from the pharmacy or internet) before to prevent chaffing.  But for a one time use thing, it is really DAMN expensive (but works!)  I think the Spanx may be your best bet.  Let us know how it goes.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aunt Suzi
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007 11:41:52 AM »

Cycling stores sell this stuff in a tube (sorry I can't remember the name) to prevent chafing while cycling long distances.  Bound to be very hi-tech and all, but can't vouch for the effectiveness. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eenodol
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007 12:03:40 PM »

i have only two words for you.. DUCT TAPE!  but make sure you put it on before you chafe..  Not really an everyday option..  It's my plan for bonnaroo, though!  Tough enough to stand up to miles of walking, but not something I have to wrangle on and off in a portapottie at 4 in the morning.  perfecto!  Cheesy

I've tried that chafing cream-powder before  (i can't remember what it's called) but it was crapola.  It sweats right off.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy - home of the cat hat!  also dog hats, amigurumis, crochet patterns, hippie clothes, all kinds of good stuff!  check it out Smiley

My new blog.  Crochet, recipes, whatever.
ranchelmarie
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007 12:18:33 PM »

there was another thread on here a while ago that I just looked up, and a lot of people there were suggesting bodyglide. it's for atheletes and such and it's supposed to work really well, I plan to get some this weekend since it's getting much too hot for the shorts-under-the-skirt approach.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kristen81
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007 12:36:03 PM »

I second (of was it fifth) the Spanks...or assets by Sarah Blakely.  I Have a pair of the bike shorts and a pair of the footless sheer tights. 

Even the tights seem to be made of a slicker, nylon-y material that glides over itself super well. 

The bike shorts I have are from Wal-Mart (in the shapers section of lingerie) and they do not ride up in the leg, look for ones with a little silicone ribbing on the inside.  This will prevent them from sliding up your leg.  They were about $15 and they come up to just under the breasts.  They slim and shape the tummy and ..love handles as well. 

The Assets I bought were $10 a pair at Target.  I have worn them about 10 times now and they look new still.  If you want anymore proof that they are the best tings ever - I am in Canada...we don't have Target and I drive to the States to get these babies..they're that good!

(You can get them on Ebay too).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
sugarhigh

passed out crafting.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007 12:46:12 PM »

definitely try the spanx. i have the same problem if to a lesser extent, and my mom was thinking of what could help me one day, and apparently runners and such have the same problem and they simply rub deodorant between their legs and that helps a lot. but i know that could be pretty icky so that's like a second option to the spanx. good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarah-

Feeling the need to crochet...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007 01:34:09 PM »

I haven't read though everyone's posts completely, but what about leggings? (not sure if you call them that in the US)

I love to wear short shorts / skirts when I'm out and I wear leggings underneath, they are a lot stronger than tights / pantyhose and do a better job. Plus being longer than cycling shorts they don't tend to move out of place.

It is a big fashion thing in the UK at the minute with the leggins under skirts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah -

http://www.wists.com/sarah-
teamo.etsy.com - Miniature bears now available!

I'd love to do a personal swap! - PM me!
Juniper
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007 06:47:05 PM »

Omg, bodyglide is amazing!!!!  It's not sticky or anything, and it really helps me not feel the burn.  I heartily recommend it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007 10:50:36 PM »

I make/wear leggings (essentially footless tights) out of slinky material. Good for summer because one of the neat things about slinky is that it tends to feel cool and has a natural sort of slip to it -- it's like swimsuit material.

I'm intending on making some shorts-length of the same material for more summery applications. I haven't had problems with the legs on bicycle shorts riding up, but I'm guessing if the legs are long enough to go over the swell of the thigh, they'd be less likely to walk up. Or even put a bit of elastic at the leg opening.

Monistat makes Soothing Care chafe-relief powder/gel, which I have, but it seems to me that I'd find it a bit creepy to have my thighs slipping around on each other, so I'll just keep 'em covered. (I use the Soothing Care in the summer for bra/sweat related situations.)

Those are my recommendations anyway!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pretty Savvy: Luxe Headband
How to Make Sharpie Tie-Dye T-Shirts
Artist Derek Gores Creates Incredible Collage From Hate Speech
How to Make Holiday Star Shaped Garlands
How to Make Bubble Wands For Fourth of July
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...