A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Being a girl is fun...except for the pantyhose.  (Read 4347 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dollbecky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

ADHD crafter, jack of all trades..master of none

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007 02:56:45 PM »

I am a size 26 and my best friend is a small size 10 we both get thigh chaff ...its so nice to know its not just a size thing..we are both mad sewers so we decided bloomers were the way to go ...rather victorian but cute ...I myself favour satin bloomers with lace frills in black  she makes hers in tie dyed flannel (for warmth) any costume reproduction site well be able to point people in the right direction ..
and yes, spilt bloomers are still comfy and modest as well as useful under corsets Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gwydion
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007 07:05:25 AM »

and yes, spilt bloomers are still comfy and modest as well as useful under corsets Smiley

Bloomers rock!  I always wear skirts, and bloomers really do help with the chafing problem.  I made mine out of lightweight cotton broadcloth or calico, and they're very comfortable, even in hot weather.  I'd love to find a split bloomer pattern, if you can recommend one. 

I despise pantyhose.  I can usually find hose that fit, but I can't stand the things.  And they don't do a thing to prevent chafing.  I usually wear my skirts long enough so that I can wear knee-highs and nobody will know the difference.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eenodol
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007 08:31:18 AM »

Alright, after walking for hours on end at bonnaroo this year, i've discovered something that works.  THAT WORKS!  It was suntan oil.  I just greased them up and BAM!  no pain!  no chafing!  It was like I weighed 80 pounds!  magic!  Not practical for everyday application, perhaps, but certainly good to know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy - home of the cat hat!  also dog hats, amigurumis, crochet patterns, hippie clothes, all kinds of good stuff!  check it out Smiley

My new blog.  Crochet, recipes, whatever.
fiberartist219
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2007 07:43:14 PM »

Ok, pantyhose are the devil. I have not worn them since prom, (seven years and counting) and I absolutely hate them.

Fortunately, I don't have chafing issues. Strangely enough though, my husband does. We got him some Monistat (don't tell his friends) and it works great for him. Even though it is designed for women, it works great in the manly areas... maybe more than you wanted to know, but it doesn't cost much and it is worth a shot. We also tried getting him some boxer briefs (to keep his legs covered in fabric) but it didn't help at all.

The slippery feeling isn't a bad thing. My legs feel slippery after I shave them, just because they are smooth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2007 04:51:16 AM »

Boxer-briefs rock. Plus, they don't ride up like panties do. I wear them all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
More Hair Stuff for Photoshop
Selectively Colorize an Image Part 2
Digital Makeup - Lenoir Lashes - Part 2
Macho Makeover - Introduction Part 2
Match Color in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...