A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 301,627
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Loft Photos - Image heavy! :)  (Read 7390 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Faith
« on: May 25, 2007 07:15:55 AM »

I recently moved into a loft in an old factory that was renovated into living spaces. I'm not quite done decorating yet, but here's how things look so far. Any design ideas or suggestions are most welcome!

The front door area.

A wall in the entryway, with thrift store paintings in matted frames. The one in the middle is my favorite.

Pyrex and owls everywhere in the kitchen...

A close up of the dresser, which doubles as a housepet feeding station. Smiley

A view of the living room...

My boyfriend gave me his old silver shelf unit that's intended for bathroom storage. But strangely enough it coordinates with the dinette and it's perfect for holding plants.

Another view...

Yup, looks like a couch...

The den/office/craft room...I still need some artwork to go on the wall there.

The closets in the den are really tall and narrow and have windows on top. There's a small window to the outside in each closet, too so light streams into the room.

An indoor greenhouse, since the kittyman is a plant eater.

Quite possibly one of the worlds smallest bathrooms! Not much room to decorate, just a few IKEA prints and a fortune kitty.

On to the bedroom...the ceiling has exposed wooden planks and the heating/cooling elements are exposed:

The pictures on the wall are from the 1950s and came from my Grandmother. The black object on the bed is the Wonderdog, who is fast asleep under her teddy bear. Smiley

This used to be a 55 gallon fishtank and a stand - I turned the stand backwards and decided to use it as a book case instead. The tank serves as a makeshift terrarium filled with succulents and cactus in vintage planters.

A few IKEA shelves loaded with a myriad of trinkets and knick knacks from relatives, friends and assorted thrift store field trips.

I decoupaged this dresser several years ago with images from a book. It works well as a fishtank stand.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2007 12:58:38 PM by Faith » THIS ROCKS   Logged

halblingefrau

Skillz. I has dem.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007 11:22:52 AM »

What an awesome apartment!  I love everything!  Can you paint?  Some color in the entryway might be all the decoration you need there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog | Wists

PM me for personal swaps.
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007 09:59:33 PM »

I second the color thing, that or some cheap fabric. Spray ashesive would hold it up nicely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
mattbot
cut till your fingers bleed

life is like doing time for crimes i didnt commit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007 08:05:52 AM »

where is this and how much is rent, i wanna move
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookmouse
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007 09:40:06 AM »

I love all your pretty plants!  My cats also munch on greenery, so all I have now is a lone bamboo plant.  However, I might have to try the creative ways you've kept kittyman from snacking on them! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Faith
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007 02:28:47 PM »

I second the color thing, that or some cheap fabric. Spray ashesive would hold it up nicely!

Groovy idea -- that just might work. Smiley

There are 18 foot ceilings though so it would have be done on a portion of the wall not the whole thing.

where is this and how much is rent, i wanna move

LOL -- it's on the outskirts of Hartford, CT.

Rent is a little steep but not too bad. Heat is included. LOL Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007 09:55:33 PM »

Peper mixed with water (into a spray) works well for cats verses greenery
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Lizzle
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007 10:55:10 PM »

This space is awesome--so much character!

If you'd like to spice-up the kitchen a little bit and make it look a little more modern (I don't know if that's what you're going for or not) you might add handles to the cabinets.  You can pick out something really unique, they aren't super expensive, and it doesn't take too much know-how.

I'd love to see pics when you're completely finished.  It looks so good already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007 01:28:49 PM »

fyi- the cuboards need something. How about some wallies or somthin?  Ps. Your cat is my cats twin!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Ana_Ng

There is more to life than increasing its speed.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007 05:43:44 PM »

I love your apartment!!!!  How lucky you are to live in such a cool space.  You have some really cool, funky stuff.  I like your sofa.  I really love your tchockies.  But I would agree that your walls need some color.  Are you allowed to paint?  If not, there are several posts here on Craftster on how to decorate your walls without paint. 

Also, I saw somewhere (here?) that someone put just a simple (removable) tape stripe on their kitchen cabinets and it really dressed them up.  Also, I think a really colorful, funky rug would look great in your kitchen and would cover that not-so-beautiful vinyl floor.

Have you seen apartmenttherapy.com?  Seems like you might like it judging from your furniture and style.  It is a great blog for inspiration.  The Apartment Therapy book is fantastic, too, if you've never read it, it might help you focus in on how you feel about your new place. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Figure-8 Knot Napkin Ring
How to Make a Square Knot Napkin Ring
How to Make a Marbled Favor Box
Fabric Paint Craft Projects
How to Add Glitter to a Canvas Bag
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...