A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty places near Avon?  (Read 2507 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jessicakes

Callipygian means having shapely buttocks.

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2004 09:12:39 PM »

Hi everyone!

My family moved to CT when I went to college so I haven't really gotten a chance to explore any of the crafty areas around where they live. All I know about is the Michael's in Simsbury. If you all know of any cool places to go, let me know. I'm going out to CT for christmas so.....thanks  Grin

~jessica
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonfly 19
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004 07:13:08 AM »

if you don't mind the drive (25 minutes), you can hit a michael's, a joannes ect, and an ac moore all in the buckland mall area of manchester (it's exit 62/63 off I84). i can give better directions if you need.
plus there's a few bead stores (i just listed on the bead and thrift store forum). if you knit, you should head to northampton mass while you're home and check out Webs.

feel free to pm me for directions or other questions. i'll try to think of other places too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessicakes

Callipygian means having shapely buttocks.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004 09:58:14 AM »

thanks dragonfly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007 01:47:36 PM »

i know theres two yarn stores in Avon,  both on east main street i believe? i've never been to them (the lack of license or permit for that matter makes it diffcult), but i've heard that they're good. heres the address of one: The Wool Connection, 34 East Main Street, Old Avon Village N, Avon, CT  06001
i don't know about anyother type of craft-like stores except for what those above mentioned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

editorgrrl
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007 01:23:39 PM »

if you knit, you should head to northampton mass while you're home and check out Webs.

WEBS is definitely worth the roadtrip from anywhere in Connecticut: http://yarn.com.

Hours:
Monday-Saturday, 10:00am-5:30pm, Thursdays until 8:00pm.
Holiday Hours - Sundays noon-5 between Thanksgiving & New Year's Eve (I didn't know that!)

1-800-FOR-WEBS (800-367-9327)

75 Service Center Road
Northampton, MA 01060
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Panophobic
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007 06:05:45 PM »

There's a little store on rt 44 in Canton called "Gone Quilting". They have good-quality cotton fabrics, but not much else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peacockfeathers
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007 10:10:30 PM »

There's a yarn shop in West Hartford Center called Sit N' Knit.  I go to University of Hartford, and the only thing in Avon I know is Avon Mountain and a few stores over it (like Michaels and Walmart and Boston Market, haha).  But if you go over Avon Mountain toward West Hartford, then take a right on....uh, Main Street?  There's a Macaroni Grill and Marshalls and McDonalds at that corner.  Then you just keep going and it brings you straight to West Hartford Center.  If you've never been there, it's worth the trip anyway.  I say park the car and have a walk around, there's tons of neat things to look at!  There's even a Ten Thousand Villages and a bead shop near the back parking lot behind Cosi.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Bright, Glitter Nail Art Looks
British Sensation Jessie Ware Tells Us Her Best Travel Beauty Tricks
Need to Know: Ron Burgundy Autobiography, Dementia, and a New Boomer Trend
CoverGirl and Hunger Games Makeup Collection Revealed
How to Apply Makeup on the Go
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...