A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,661
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tampa Craft Girl Meetup!  (Read 2825 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soapiffany
« on: January 17, 2004 11:59:11 AM »

Hey everyone! We will be hosting our very first CRAFT NIGHT on Wednesday, January 28th, at 8pm, at Ophelia's Folly/State of Delerium.
As of right now we arent doing a "structured" night, we want to keep this open to everyone, so anyone with a portable craft is welcomed to join us!!

We will be serving coffee and homemade baked goods!!

Please let me know if you are interested so that I can tally up how many people will be attending!

Thx!!! And I hope to see you there!!!

Tiffany
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aspenwall
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004 05:53:24 PM »

UGH! I wish I could be there!  I live in St. Pete but I work at night.  Bummer, you'll have to let me know if any super crafty ideas come up  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
divasteph

The crafty diva is on the loose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004 10:04:57 AM »

tiffany - i am glad you joined!
xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

del_ruby
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004 12:18:51 PM »

soapiffany! i've seen your wares... i work down the street from ophelia's folly at a counseling practice... i have a class weds night at usf but i would definitely be interested on another night!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bkknits29
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004 08:43:34 AM »

Hi, I just found this site and am so excited! I found this forum about the meetup and wondered if there will be another one? I live in Palm Harbor, but don't mind going to Tampa. I'm a new knitter and would love to find a SnB group but a group of crafters in any sense would be great.
Beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xiolagrl
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004 12:08:59 PM »

i'm also a fairly new knitter and haven't been able to locate a stitch n' bitch group in tampa.  

maybe that means any tampa bay area knitters should try to start one.  i'm certainly up for it.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
divasteph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004 12:35:07 PM »

there is one ---
i think they meet in ybor could be totally wrong though - the girl that runs it has AIM i know!!!
her aim is  ( dennisbirtsalon ) - i also think she posted in the FL section about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

divasteph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2004 12:35:30 PM »

actually this is her thread - LOL - ditzy me!!! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xiolagrl
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004 12:48:03 PM »

ah, sorry.  i didn't realize that was a knitting group.  i thought it was general crafts.

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bkknits29
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2004 02:23:41 PM »

We should definately set something up if there are some of us that want to meet up. Maybe try once a month or something. I don't know what would work with everyone elses schedule, but I'm pretty busy during the week, but Saturday mornings or afternoons would work well for me. I could probably work something in during the week though also. I'm somewhat new to the area and don't know too many people here so it would be great to meet some people who also enjoy crafting, knitting or otherwise.
Beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreamyb
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004 05:26:00 PM »

i'm down.

i'm in tampa and i would love to learn to knit (or whatever crafty thing one can teach me) so this would be a good thing for me. is this still going on or has it discontinued?

anyways, i need to meet up with others who share this love of craft in tampa before i hurt someone  Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafts=my therapy
bkknits29
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2004 08:24:40 AM »

Would weekends or weekdays (or nights) be better for everyone. dreamyb, i don't know if i'd be any good to teach you to knit since i'm fairly new too, but stitch n' bitch is a great book to learn from. that's how i taught myself.  i don't know if the craft night at the beginning of the thread is still going on or not, but i would love to get together with people to start something up. i have heard of people getting together at barnes and nobles. don't know where everyone lives so that would probably be the best way to start. find a centralized location then go from there.
hope to hear from all of you intererested soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a 3 Stitch Ruffle Border
How to Crochet a 3D Ripple Stitch Part 5/7
How to Crochet a 3D Ripple Stitch Part 6/7
How to Crochet a 3D Ripple Stitch Part 4/7
How to Crochet a 3D Ripple Stitch Part 3/7
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...