A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,312
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Ravelry Topic  (Read 51535 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #420 on: October 11, 2007 05:10:05 PM »

Most of my yarn was bought for specific projects then utterly abandoned. I only have 1 ball of yarn that was bought without a specific purpose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

« Reply #421 on: October 11, 2007 06:10:50 PM »

Most of my yarn was bought for specific projects then utterly abandoned. I only have 1 ball of yarn that was bought without a specific purpose.

That's my problem too. I'll get an idea, buy the yarn and then forget it by the time I have the free time to design it. I have probably ten balls or so that I bought without a specific purpose, but its stuff that I will need  Cheesy Mostly Harry Potter house colors, etc. when it was on clearance over the summer.

I've been doing yarn as I run into it around the house, since I have yarn everywhere LOL. And when I cast on a project I've been adding all the yarn to my stash. I'll get to them all eventually!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: October 12, 2007 12:16:34 PM »

I went to organize my yarn a few weeks ago, and instead of organizing acrylics into brands like I was planning to, I ended up sorting by HP house colors/not house colors.  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
Curlyredheadgirl

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Heb.11:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: October 12, 2007 12:29:52 PM »

I am sooooooo bummed... I signed up for an invite on Ravelry over 5 months ago... then I told someone else about it in August and she signed up. She told me the other day that she's been on for a few weeks now!! When I checked in on Ravelry to see where I was in line they didn't even recognize my email!!! (And I tried all of them that I have!) I had checked my waiting time before and so I know that I was listed.... has anyone else had this happen? Now I have to wait all over again - needless to say I'm miffed!!!

Just had to vent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can never change the past. But by the gace of God, you can win the future. So, remember those things which will help you forward, but forget about the things which will only hold you back.

My Blog - http://curlyredheadgirl.blogspot.com/
Caclark4
« Reply #424 on: October 12, 2007 12:50:44 PM »

Did you e-mail them to let them know this?  I wouldn't be surprised if after they sent out the invitation your e-mail is deleted after a certain period of time.  Plus, I've heard of a TON of people that recieved the e-mail lodged in bulk mail hell.  I just would give them a shout to see what's going on. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That which does not kill you makes you funnier-Joseph Fiennes
honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: October 12, 2007 12:57:20 PM »

Do you think it's worth it to record into your stash any yarn that you only have one ball of? I have a few of those, but not many. Usually I buy yarn in large amounts for patterns and forget about them, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
sthomson
« Reply #426 on: October 12, 2007 01:38:51 PM »

Oh, that sucks. You should definitely email the founders - I bet caclark4 is exactly right - the invite was probably sorted as junk mail, so you never saw it. Casey will probably be able to fix you right up in no time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

« Reply #427 on: October 12, 2007 02:51:43 PM »

I've been putting a lot of my one ball or "less" in there because I'm hoping it will keep me more organized - as in, if I remember I have one ball of SWS laying around, I can use it for a random striping project, something small, or just fill my scooter up with one less at Hobby Lobby the next time I go Wink

Plus, I like the idea of being able to look at them when I'm trolling for patterns so I can say "well, I think this yarn could work here" or "darn it! I could make that if I only had...." It actually helped me today when I bought a pattern and was looking at a different yarn to make it in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
farrah
« Reply #428 on: October 12, 2007 03:51:11 PM »

Also, you can mark the unused ball of yarn as "will trade or sell". If someone needs that one ball, they might contact you and you can end up with a good trade or a little cash.

A super-nice Raveler named Librarysarie sent me a skein of SWTC bamboo in the color that I needed to finish my clapotis- for free! I just used what I needed and sent the rest back to her. Only because of the stash function on Ravelry were we able to connect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Caclark4
« Reply #429 on: October 12, 2007 04:39:40 PM »

Whoot!  I'm under 10,000! LOL
You signed up on September 27, 2007
You are #36901 on the list.
9332 people are ahead of you in line.
6387 people are behind you in line.
59% of the list has been invited so far
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That which does not kill you makes you funnier-Joseph Fiennes
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
GE PJ1 DLP Projector Camera Demo at Photokina 2010
Nikon 1 System Hands-on
FujiFilm X10 Hands-on
NEX-C3 Hands-on
What Makes a Great Photograph
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...